MAH4546
Topic Author

Martinair Cargo To Sao Paulo F

Sun Apr 15, 2007 2:47 am

Martinair Cargo has announced non-stop cargo service to Sao Paulo from Miami, which will start this June. From Miami they currently have cargo flights to Amsterdam and Buenos Aires and passenger flights to Amsterdam and San Jose. They are also the majority owner of Tampa Cargo, with forty-two weekly cargo flights between Miami and Latin America.

In addition, they are moving their Americas headquaters from Boca Raton to Doral, right near their MIA operations. Martinair's American office in Doral will employ seventy people.

Article:
http://www.miamiherald.com/103/story/73554.html
a.

AF086

RE: Martinair Cargo To Sao Paulo F

Sun Apr 15, 2007 3:20 am

GRU? The only foreign regular cargo flight to GRU is AF Cargo's and it's an exception to the rule that forbids foreign regular dedicated cargo flights to that airport. Guess when they said São Paulo they meant VCP (Campinas - Viracopos).

[Edited 2007-04-14 20:26:42]
Please insert a "smart" joke here.

Avianca

Sun Apr 15, 2007 1:45 pm

Quoting AF086 (Reply 1):
GRU? The only foreign regular cargo flight to GRU is AF Cargo's and it's an exception to the rule that forbids foreign regular dedicated cargo flights to that airport. Guess when they said São Paulo they meant VCP (Campinas - Viracopos).

AF086, do you have info why its forbidden to use GRU for foreign airlines as cargo only destination????

Well if MP starts really GRU flights it will be great move for them. and I am sure the flights would come in full....
Colombia es el Mundo Y el Mundo es Colombia

LTU932

Sun Apr 15, 2007 1:48 pm

I'm guessing this route will be operated by MD-11Fs, right?

AF086

Sun Apr 15, 2007 2:24 pm

Quoting Avianca (Reply 2):
AF086, do you have info why its forbidden to use GRU for foreign airlines as cargo only destination????

ANAC Regulation 188 states that GRU/SBGR purprose is to cope with pax demand of the São Paulo area. Authorized ops are: scheduled domestic pax and cargo (including mail) services, domestic non-regular pax services, scheduled international pax flights, international non-regular pax flights, non scheduled air-taxi services and general aviation operations.

The sole exception to this rule is Air France Cargo. They're the only foreign cargo airline flying to GRU regularly. All the others (Lufthansa Cargo, Polar, UPS, FedEx and so on) serve VCP and do not land at GRU. That's why I think that the newspaper got the destination wrong. They probably meant VCP which is still a big cargo destination. After VCP, hope they expand even further their south american ops.

[Edited 2007-04-15 07:29:52]

Avianca

Sun Apr 15, 2007 2:39 pm

Quoting AF086 (Reply 4):
The sole exception to this rule is Air France Cargo. They're the only foreign cargo airline flying to GRU regularly. All the others (Lufthansa Cargo, Polar, UPS, FedEx and so on) serve VCP and do not land at GRU. That's why I think that the newspaper got the destination wrong. They probably meant VCP which is still a big cargo destination. After VCP, hope they expand even further their south american ops.

but national airlines are allowed to use GRU for all cargo international flights (VarigLog) ? or do they reroute the flights via another brazilian destination in order to be within the national rule ?

Yes VCP is a strong cargo airport and LH for example is doing very very good on there flights.

AF086

Sun Apr 15, 2007 9:59 pm

Quoting Avianca (Reply 5):
but national airlines are allowed to use GRU for all cargo international flights (VarigLog) ? or do they reroute the flights via another brazilian destination in order to be within the national rule ?

VLO flies internationally from Campinas as well. For instance their flights to Frankfurt have the following routing: VCP-REC-DKR-FRA. Same goes for Absa.

A388

Mon Apr 16, 2007 12:01 am

I was not aware of AF Cargo flying MIA-GRU or do you mean that they are allowed to fly the flight but don't operate the flight?

A388

76er

Mon Apr 16, 2007 12:13 am

MP will serve VCP, just like before when if was on behalf of Varig.

Source: internal newspublication.

AF086

Mon Apr 16, 2007 12:17 am

Quoting A388 (Reply 7):
I was not aware of AF Cargo flying MIA-GRU or do you mean that they are allowed to fly the flight but don't operate the flight?

AF Cargo flies CDG-DKR-GRU. They're the only foreign cargo operator at GRU. I don't know why the exception was made for them though.

Quoting 76er (Reply 8):
MP will serve VCP, just like before when if was on behalf of Varig.

Thank you for clearing things up!  bigthumbsup 

A388

Mon Apr 16, 2007 12:20 am

Quoting AF086 (Reply 9):
AF Cargo flies CDG-DKR-GRU. They're the only foreign cargo operator at GRU. I don't know why the exception was made for them though.

Oww okay, now I understant it. I thought you meant that AF Cargo flies MIA-GRU but you mean that AF Cargo is allowed to fly cargo flights from GRU. Thank you for the clarification.

Strange why AF Cargo is allowed to have cargo flights from GRU while other foreign cargo airlines are not......

A388

Avianca

Mon Apr 16, 2007 12:22 am

Quoting AF086 (Reply 6):
VLO flies internationally from Campinas as well. For instance their flights to Frankfurt have the following routing: VCP-REC-DKR-FRA. Same goes for Absa.

no they have also flights ex AMS and FRA into GRU I am only not sure if the first airport in brasil they arrive is GRU.

AF086

Mon Apr 16, 2007 12:26 am

Quoting Avianca (Reply 11):
no they have also flights ex AMS and FRA into GRU I am only not sure if the first airport in brasil they arrive is GRU.

No it isn't. The first airport they land in Brazil is REC. So the REC-GRU leg is considered domestic.