mke717spotter

NW Flying MKE-CUN-MKE?

Sun Apr 15, 2007 11:44 am

Well just out of curiousity and boredom I was on flightaware checking out the activity at MKE. While scrolling through the enroute/scheduled arrivals, I noticed that NW flt. 1614 was scheduled to arrive from CUN at 10:42?! I remmeber NW used to fly this route, but they pulled their P2P flying a while ago, so this didn't make to much sense. So I went on MKE's website and found the same thing! Is NW still flying this route, or is this just some kind of charter service? I would find it strange for NW to still be flying this route since many people questioned it when they first announced it. Maybe one of the NW or MKE guys can clear this up for me. Thanks!

The flightaware stuff is kinda messed up but you get the idea.
http://flightaware.com/live/flight/NWA1614

And MKE's website...
Will you watch the Cleveland Browns and the Detroit Lions on Sunday? Only if coach Eric Mangini resigned after a loss.

Meteorologist

RE: NW Flying MKE-CUN-MKE?

Sun Apr 15, 2007 12:44 pm

I noticed the route is still in the NWA World Traveller magazine, and I was thinking the same thing. I would assume it's still scheduled service.

mke717spotter

Sun Apr 15, 2007 1:05 pm

I see, just seems strange they'd pull all the other routes and leave this one. If I remmeber correctly this route was flown seasonally every Saturday, looks like this is still the case. I guess NW is closer to coming back to MKE than we thought.   Here's a more recent picture of the completed flight from flightaware:

[Edited 2007-04-15 06:09:17]
Will you watch the Cleveland Browns and the Detroit Lions on Sunday? Only if coach Eric Mangini resigned after a loss.

FlagshipFalcon

Sun Apr 15, 2007 1:07 pm

NW does fly this route on a weekly basis using an A320 on Saturdays. Got this information from NWs World Timetable.

jetjack74

Sun Apr 15, 2007 1:14 pm

Quoting Meteorologist (Reply 1):
I noticed the route is still in the NWA World Traveller magazine, and I was thinking the same thing. I would assume it's still scheduled service.

Yes we have several flights to non-hub destinations out of our what we call heartland markets. We started flying to some sun and leisure destinations out of MKE/MSN/IND to places like LAS, LAX, SFO, MCO, TPA, FLL, RSW, and CUN. Some have worked, some haven't. IND has been the most productive and lucretive for us. We've been able to add more destinantions and create more of a hub-type operation, rather than just a focus city.

[Edited 2007-04-15 06:18:23]
Made from jets!

N808NW

Sun Apr 15, 2007 4:19 pm

i partied with some peeps in CUN who came on the MKE-CUN...i was a bit suprised my self to hear that NW still had a weekly MKE-CUN-MKE service. i thought most of the MKE-"sun flts" were cut this year.

-Jason  swirl 
All flights have great IFE...get yourself a window seat, thats something no PTV can beat! flew 808 Pacific an Atlanic

AmtrakGuy

Mon Apr 16, 2007 12:01 am

Since NWA have FF mileages agreement with Midwest, I guess the weekly service works well because people can add thier miles to Midwest's FF program (or visa versa).

Pardon the off-subject, some of you mentioned NWA World Traveler Magazine, I can't stand seeing SkyTeam routes in it -- it's hard enought to figure out NWA's routes. Is there a way I can get NWA routes map?

Dave

USPIT10L

Mon Apr 16, 2007 5:15 am

Quoting AmtrakGuy (Reply 6):
Is there a way I can get NWA routes map?

Try airlineroutemaps.com. They have every airline's route system on it. Some of it is a little outdated, but NWA's should be up to date.
It's a Great Day for Hockey!

burnsie28

Mon Apr 16, 2007 5:47 am

Quoting USPIT10L (Reply 7):
Try airlineroutemaps.com. They have every airline's route system on it. Some of it is a little outdated, but NWA's should be up to date.

Airline routemaps for NW is pretty outdated.

vivavegas

Mon Apr 16, 2007 6:05 am

It was on the departures board Saturday as I waited for my MKE-DTW-PIT-DTW-MKE run. Something like a 1420 departure. It did catch my eye.

FWIW, All of my segments on Saturday (757-CRJ-CRJ-D95) Were 100% full. I know, Lots of families coming back from Spring Break, but that was the first time I ever experienced that joy.

DTW, was a zoo in the afternoon while PIT was a ghosttown during my 3 hours of business at the airport.

Craig
MKE
MKE / EYW / LAS - The true trifecta of aviation!

jetjack74

Mon Apr 16, 2007 6:24 am

Quoting AmtrakGuy (Reply 6):
Is there a way I can get NWA routes map?

http://www.nwa.com/travel/trave/route/
Made from jets!

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos