Qatara340

EK To Mexico?

Tue Apr 17, 2007 5:54 am

Quote:

The United Arab Emirates has initialed Air Services Agreement (ASA) and Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) with United Mexican States in Mexico City on 11th April 2007.

The agreement includes designations of four UAE national airlines; Emirates, Etihad, Air Arabia, and RAK Airways. It also includes unlimited capacities, numbers of frequencies and routes, as well as any types of aircraft whether owned or leased that are operated by designated airlines of both countries for passenger and cargo services. The agreement also includes, in addition to the third and fourth freedoms, the practice of the fifth freedom traffic rights on specific intermediate points in Europe.

Does this start the begining of EK's intent to travel to Mexico. I predict a launch date of 2008 for any Mexican flights--possibly via a destination in Europe.
لا اله الا الله محمد رسول الله

aa1818

RE: EK To Mexico?

Tue Apr 17, 2007 5:59 am

I would love to see EK fly to MEX (I'd also like to see a POS-MEX flight!!). But surely the route could support direct, non-stop services??

AA1818
“The moment you doubt whether you can fly, you cease for ever to be able to do it.” J.M. Barrie (Peter Pan)

behramjee

Tue Apr 17, 2007 6:13 am

it basically looks like an open skies deal been signed between UAE and Mexico with 5th freedom rights via Europe.

cedars747

Tue Apr 17, 2007 6:49 am

An DXB-MAD-MEX should be just perfect !

Arriba Mejico !
Alex!!!
Tengo una pasion por la aviacion !لدي شغف للطيران !I have a passion for aviation !Jeg har en lidenskap for luftfart!j'ai

AeroMexico777

Tue Apr 17, 2007 6:57 am

HI...

Just one thing... Mexico goes with an X not an J... Big grin

In the theme of EK or EY to MEX... well, hope it comes sooner... Maybe via MXP or FCO ´cause we dont have any flight to Italy...

Regards, AeroMexico777
"When the hope of dying becomes the only reason to live..." Die Laughing (Gothic), Safe little world.

cedars747

Tue Apr 17, 2007 7:04 am

Quoting AeroMexico777 (Reply 4):
Just one thing... Mexico goes with an X not an J...

Estás seguro?

Alex!!!
Tengo una pasion por la aviacion !لدي شغف للطيران !I have a passion for aviation !Jeg har en lidenskap for luftfart!j'ai

Luis777

Tue Apr 17, 2007 7:15 am

Quoting Cedars747 (Reply 3):

Arriba Mejico !
Alex!!!

Sure, maybe in dreams, if they want to fly DXB-BRU-MEX, or DBX-VIE-MEX I think would be great, but DXB-MAD-MEX never and ever.

MeXico is with "X", it is offensive for some of us if you write MeXico with "J"

Regards

LG

cedars747

Tue Apr 17, 2007 7:24 am

Quoting Luis777 (Reply 6):

Oops ! I didn't know....perdoname anyway as Thalia says "Amor a la Mexicana"  Wink

Sure, maybe in dreams, if they want to fly DXB-BRU-MEX, or DBX-VIE-MEX I think would be great, but DXB-MAD-MEX never and ever.

Well in that case LIS would be another option !

Alex!!!

LipeGIG

Tue Apr 17, 2007 7:25 am

I hope to see more EK services to Latin America.

MEX is a strong candidate because of the huge size of the city itself as well as the business. I think it could become real even before GIG or EZE, the other two candidates in Latin America for EK future services.

Felipe
New York + Rio de Janeiro = One of the best combinations !

cedars747

Tue Apr 17, 2007 7:33 am

Quoting LipeGIG (Reply 8):
I hope to see more EK services to Latin America.

From my point of view MEX/CCS/GRU/GIG/EZE and SCL should be added soon to EK route-map.

Alex!!!

AeroMexico777

Tue Apr 17, 2007 7:33 am

HI Cedars747

Mexico is spelled with an X but it actually sounds as a J, so you are not as misspelled as you think...

And, yes, most mexicans feel offended if you spell Mexico with a J...

I continue to vote DXB - FCO - MEX or DXB - MXP - MEX... What do you think?

Regards, AeroMexico777
"When the hope of dying becomes the only reason to live..." Die Laughing (Gothic), Safe little world.

Luis777

Tue Apr 17, 2007 7:39 am

Quoting Cedars747 (Reply 7):
Oops ! I didn't know....perdoname anyway as Thalia says "Amor a la Mexicana"

It's OK man, no problem, it's only that the "X" even knowing that doesn't sound like a "J", represents some kind of patriotic, historic, identification, whatever thing, and we are proud of our "X" that sounds like a "J".

Viva MeXico!!

Back to topic, another option: DXB-ARN-MEX would be awesome.

Regards

LG

cedars747

Tue Apr 17, 2007 7:46 am

Quoting AeroMexico777 (Reply 10):

I think it's the perfect combination but as always me gusta llevar la contra Big grin
But I have the feeling that it could be DXB-CAS-MEX or DXB-LIS-MEX
And I think that EK sometime in the future will fly around the world a la PAN AM something like DXB-KUL-SYD-AKL-SCL-EZE-GRU-CAS-DXB

Alex!!!

cedars747

Tue Apr 17, 2007 7:59 am

Quoting Luis777 (Reply 11):
DXB-ARN-MEX would be awesome.

What about OSL ? I live in Norway and we have almost ZERO intercontinental flights out of Gardermoen Airport.So please EK consider DXB-OSL-MEX so I can spend my next summer vacations in Mazatlan/Cancun/Puerto vallarta .........  pray 
By the way I have never been to Mexico  crazy 

Grande MeXicana ! CON X
Alex!!!

anthsaun

Tue Apr 17, 2007 7:59 am

Any large destination in Europe not served yet would be great:

MXP
FCO
BRU
VIE
LIS
MUN
ZHR
BCN
CPH

But, MAD, CDG, FRA, AMS or LHR will not be accepted, take these "specific intermediate points" for sure.

Quoting QatarA340 (Thread starter):
The agreement also includes, in addition to the third and fourth freedoms, the practice of the fifth freedom traffic rights on specific intermediate points in Europe.
Over 80 years in business say a lot about success

Fly2HMO

Tue Apr 17, 2007 8:05 am

Some really old books written around the "Porfirian" era and earlier show Mexico spelled with a J, along with other words which now normally have an x. I've also seen some old school books spell xitomate instead of jitomate or some girls named Jimena instead of Ximena or vice versa. Go figure....  scratchchin 

Anyways...

I'd love to see EK or some other airline from the area fly to MEX. MEX has a pretty decent Lebanese/Arab/Mid-Eastern population, but I dunno if there'd be a market for a flight like say, MEX-DXB nonstop.

rojo

Tue Apr 17, 2007 8:57 am

Mexico is spelled with an X but it actually sounds as a J, so you are not as misspelled as you think...

And, yes, most mexicans feel offended if you spell Mexico with a J...

I don't feel offended... the worst part is that I have learned to live with it, since my passport says: Place of Birth: Mejico

I have to thank an old lady for misspelling the word. I tried to fix it before she issued my passport, but we started arguing... she said that I should not try to correct an old lady (never ever) and if I wanted a passport, I better learn to live with it  Confused

Back to the topic, if EK can start a MEX-DXB via Europe with full 5th freedom rights it would be a huge success... there is a lack of flights between Mexico and Europe (at least since 2001 when the US suspended the TWOV and ITI). Therefore, airlines like AM, LH, AF, BA, KL, IB are making a lot of money in Mexico from people who don't want to go through the process of getting a US visa...

SKY1

Tue Apr 17, 2007 9:05 am

Maybe a DXB-CPH-MEX based on twice-weekly basis could work. So far I know there is not a non-stop flight from Scandanavia to Mexico.

I would like see EK/QR/EY serving MEX. And also see more European tourists (specially from Northern Europe) in this country that amazing like Mexico is.

Quoting Behramjee (Reply 2):
5th freedom rights

I dunno about MEX, but the Spanish DGAC refused granted TG the 5th freedom rights for flying BKK-MAD-EZE/SCL. A person from the TG staff in Madrid told me that one year ago. He told me also TG did prefer fly MAD-EZE/SCL over fly AKL-SCL/EZE.

IF Emirates wants fly MEX via Europe, the EU or the appropriate authorities have the right to give the 5th freedom rights.

most mexicans feel offended if you spell Mexico with a J...

Sorry for this off topic, but in Spanish either of them are correct, with "X" or "J". In English is always written with "X" but in Spanish (at least in Castilian-Spanish from Spain) I prefer write it with a "J" ...if it is not a cause for argueing  Wink

By the way, I don't understand why the offence. In the Spanish spoken 400 years ago, "X" was the letter used to pronounce the current Spanish "J".

Just is like "Texas" or "Tejas", "Oaxaca" or "Oajaca".
Time flies! Enjoy life!

olli

Tue Apr 17, 2007 9:55 am

Quoting SKY1 (Reply 17):
By the way, I don't understand why the offence. In the Spanish spoken 400 years ago, "X" was the letter used to pronounce the current Spanish "J".

I entirely agree with you. Speaking for myself, I am really way to far from being offended.

As Alitalia is not starting a flight to MEX anytime soon, just like AM, the possibility of having EK doing a DXB-MXP-MEX would be just fantastic.

I really hope EK flight to Mexico-Mejico does materialize.

Best Regards,

[Edited 2007-04-17 02:58:00]

juventus

Tue Apr 17, 2007 10:03 am

Isn't EK trying to build a mini hub at Hamburg? My money is thru Germany if it happens. With MEX's altitude, non-stop would be out of the question.

SKY1

Tue Apr 17, 2007 10:24 am

Quoting Olli (Reply 18):
I am really way to far from being offended

It's great know it  Smile

Quoting Juventus (Reply 19):
With MEX's altitude, non-stop would be out of the question.

Mexico-Hamburg non stop is not a problem for an A332 or A345. With a A333, on the other hand, MTOW could be limited
Time flies! Enjoy life!

LTU932

Tue Apr 17, 2007 10:26 am

Quoting Juventus (Reply 19):
Isn't EK trying to build a mini hub at Hamburg? My money is thru Germany if it happens. With MEX's altitude, non-stop would be out of the question.

I don't think EK is building some kind of hub operation at HAM. HAM is just their stopover point for their third DXB-JFK frequency, though EK has 5th Freedom Rights on both DXB-HAM-DXB and HAM-JFK-HAM.

That being said, most aircraft have no real altitude problems when flying MEX-Europe. The problem is more with Westbounds, which is one of the reasons why AM is routing MEX-NRT through TIJ. In terms of still air distance, MEX-FRA is currently one of the longest nonstops to Europe out of MEX. MEX-MXP is just 125 nm (still air distance) longer than MEX-FRA, I don't see any serious problem for a nonstop MEX-MXP.

LTU932

Tue Apr 17, 2007 10:27 am

Quoting SKY1 (Reply 20):
With a A333, on the other hand, MTOW could be limited

EK doesn't have the A333, so those can easily be ruled out.  Wink

planemanofnz

Tue Apr 17, 2007 10:35 am

I personally think it should be non stop using an A345, which will be freed up when the 380's take over the 345's to Australia next year. If it was to go through Europe I would pick DUB personally, because I think EK would like to set up an alliance with EI. If not DUB probably BCN, as MAD already has enough traffic.

LTU932

Tue Apr 17, 2007 10:57 am

Quoting Planemanofnz (Reply 23):
If it was to go through Europe I would pick DUB personally

DUB may have a problem in terms of runway length. RW10/28 may not be long enough for an A345 or 777 to take off if they were to use DUB as a stopover point for flights to MEX. SNN would make more sense in that regard.

captaink

Tue Apr 17, 2007 11:04 am

Why?

That would be cool to have a middle eastern connection Big grin More spotting variety.
There is something special about planes....

juventus

Tue Apr 17, 2007 11:18 am

Quoting SKY1 (Reply 20):
Mexico-Hamburg non stop is not a problem for an A332 or A345. With a A333, on the other hand, MTOW could be limited

Quoting LTU932 (Reply 21):
That being said, most aircraft have no real altitude problems when flying MEX-Europe.

I'm talking about MEX-DXB non-stop. I know Mexico-Europe is not a problem, but MEX-DXB with MEX's altitude could be a problem.

SKY1

Tue Apr 17, 2007 11:23 am

Quoting LTU932 (Reply 22):
EK doesn't have the A333

I know that, my friend  Wink

Just it was an example.

If not DUB probably BCN,

EK said a few weeks ago BCN will be served only by cargo purposes. And, anyway I got doubts about if the DGAC would concede the 5th freedom rights to EK to fly Spain-Mexico.

So, if there is any possibility it will be via DUB, Germany or Scandanavia easier than via Spain.
Time flies! Enjoy life!

LTU932

Tue Apr 17, 2007 11:25 am

Given the still air distance of 7746 nm, and the over 7700 ft altitude in MEX, I don't think it will ever be nonstop. It's just too long, and MEX is too high. The westbound could be somewhat doable, but the problem is the heat. DXB is a very hot place (no pun intended), and the heat could cause quite a few problems with aircraft performance.

reality

Tue Apr 17, 2007 11:31 am

Quoting Captaink (Reply 25):

Why?

It probably has something to do with the repressive Spanish colonial power spelling it with a J before the revolution, and the Mexicans preferring an X since independence? Makes sense to me.

ghost77

Tue Apr 17, 2007 12:11 pm

Quoting Luis777 (Reply 11):
It's OK man, no problem, it's only that the "X" even knowing that doesn't sound like a "J", represents some kind of patriotic, historic, identification, whatever thing, and we are proud of our "X" that sounds like a "J".

A few lines of history... why Mexico? Because of the Mexica's!!!! There you goooo....!!!

Very interesting MOU from EK... the only airline with +40 A380s... i think they should fly via MXP.. would be nice to see EK turning finals to runways 5's over Mexico City!!!!
Ricardo Morales - flyAPM - ¡No es que maneje rapido, solo estoy volando lento!

ayubogg

Tue Apr 17, 2007 12:19 pm

This is exciting really! I would love to see EK's or EY's heavies taxiing MEX's tarmac. I hope any spotters get good pics as soon as this takes place.
Alba gu bràth

anthsaun

Tue Apr 17, 2007 1:21 pm

Quoting SKY1 (Reply 17):
Sorry for this off topic, but in Spanish either of them are correct, with "X" or "J". In English is always written with "X" but in Spanish (at least in Castilian-Spanish from Spain) I prefer write it with a "J" ...if it is not a cause for argueing

Quoting Ghost77 (Reply 30):
A few lines of history... why Mexico? Because of the Mexica's!!!! There you goooo....!!!

Well done, Ghost77, got it before me. Mexico is not a Spanish nor an English word, it is a Mexica word. And it is spelled with X. It doesn't matter how you people all over want to spell Mexico, it is officially, cultural, political and geographically spelled MEXICO.

By the way, I don't feel offended; the "j" just makes it look weird.

Also, up today, we have lots of words spelled with X.

IB6400

Tue Apr 17, 2007 1:34 pm

I feel EK would love to fly DUB-JFK-MEX... I don't even want to imagine that.

Quoting SKY1 (Reply 17):
most mexicans feel offended if you spell Mexico with a J...

Sorry for this off topic, but in Spanish either of them are correct, with "X" or "J". In English is always written with "X" but in Spanish (at least in Castilian-Spanish from Spain) I prefer write it with a "J" ...if it is not a cause for argueing

I am sorry to be out of topic... but I don't feel offended at all if I see Méjico or México... It's the same thing!!! I don't understand either the offence...!! And hence the fact I live here...

Nevertheless... You'll never see Méjico written like that in this country.

Just for the record... Both uses of the name are correct in Modern Spanish. México or Méjico.
Yo soy yo más mis circunstancias - J. Ortega y Gasset

abrelosojos

Tue Apr 17, 2007 1:45 pm

Quoting Anthsaun (Reply 32):
Also, up today, we have lots of words spelled with X.

= And it is important to distinguish that Mexican Spanish has more X words pronounced as "X" than elsewhere.

Cheers,
A.
Live, and let live.

orbis

Tue Apr 17, 2007 1:50 pm

Well done, Ghost77, got it before me. Mexico is not a Spanish nor an English word, it is a Mexica word.

And therefore it is pronounced "Mechica or more accurate Meshica"
we should live our lives as if we were really alive!!! H.M.

captaink

Tue Apr 17, 2007 2:02 pm

Quoting Ghost77 (Reply 30):

Well done, Ghost77, got it before me. Mexico is not a Spanish nor an English word, it is a Mexica word. And it is spelled with X. It doesn't matter how you people all over want to spell Mexico, it is officially, cultural, political and geographically spelled MEXICO

Quoting IB6400 (Reply 33):
I am sorry to be out of topic... but I don't feel offended at all if I see Méjico or México... It's the same thing!!! I don't understand either the offence...!! And hence the fact I live here.

I am sorry if I offended anyone, but I honestly didn't know the histroy behind the name México. I was browsing thorugh some little book stores in Zona Rosa, and I saw a book with the name Mejico as the title, while I never researched it, I always wondered whats the deal with México and Méjico. Now I kinda do, i will do some research though, unless someone is willing to give me a history lesson. Big grin

Quoting Abrelosojos (Reply 34):
And it is important to distinguish that Mexican Spanish has more X words pronounced as "X" than elsewhere.

LOL I remmember upon arrival into Mexico, I couldn't figure how in the name goodness Oaxaca was pronounced.  Big grin

Back to the topic of EK or EY current fleet, what airplanes can actually make a roundtrip to MEX, nonstop?
There is something special about planes....

TYCOON

Tue Apr 17, 2007 5:01 pm

Interesting news! Another example of oil rich regions establishing direct flights! I would think CCS would be more logical for a UAE carrier than either EZE or SCL.

On a slightly off topic, when is the new Skyteam terminal set to open in MEX? I am flying LAX-MEX-GRU in December with AM and would like to check out the new terminal.

SQ773

Tue Apr 17, 2007 6:00 pm

IMO, I think that the most logical option would be MAD.

EK wants to start flying to MAD no later than 2 years. In addition, the pax volume and the cargo volume to MEX ex Spain is huge, specially the cargo traffic.

It would be a wise move.

cheers

SQ773

UAEflyer

Tue Apr 17, 2007 8:46 pm

Signing agreement doesn't necessarily means that EK will fly to Mexico, EK is not the Civil Aviation Authority. The CAA is working with many countries to sign agreements, never mind who want to start the service or who doesn't.
As for EK, i think they should first fly via Europe to Mexico, and as i can see the best place would be MAD.

As for the Mexican carriers they can use DXB to cover China, sub-continent & Middle East.

rojo

Tue Apr 17, 2007 10:12 pm

Quoting UAEflyer (Reply 39):
Signing agreement doesn't necessarily means that EK will fly to Mexico, EK is not the Civil Aviation Authority. The CAA is working with many countries to sign agreements, never mind who want to start the service or who doesn't.
As for EK, i think they should first fly via Europe to Mexico, and as i can see the best place would be MAD.

AM and IB will never let EK take part of their very lucrative market. I can see AM making some lobbying and the DGAC not granting 5th freedom rights. The same will apply to IB and the Spanish authorities... If Mexico grants 5th freedom rights, it will be to a European city that does not have service to MEX non-stop.

I am sure EK has done its homework and it know that flying to MEX via Europe will be very profitable and a good way to deploy one of the many airplanes they will get from the manufacturer!!

CHRISBA777ER

Tue Apr 17, 2007 10:14 pm

Could the 777LR do it non-stop does anyone know?

Rgds,

CM
What do you mean you dont have any bourbon? Do you know how far it is to Houston? What kind of airline is this???

USADreamliner

Tue Apr 17, 2007 11:16 pm

I prefer write it with a "J" ...if it is not a cause for argueing

In Mexico they use the X only, because they say that the Spanish changed to a J. In Mexico they still have some issues and resentment towards the Spanish and the colonisation.

anthsaun

Tue Apr 17, 2007 11:47 pm

As for the Mexican carriers they can use DXB to cover China

If you are in Mexico, China is westbound, not eastbound. Travelling west it is only one third of the globe, while going east, it takes two thirds. Way too far.

ghost77

Wed Apr 18, 2007 1:41 am

Quoting Orbis (Reply 35):
And therefore it is pronounced "Mechica or more accurate Meshica"

According to my high school histor teacher, that's right Mexica should be pronounced as Meshica and correctly Mexico should be Meshico not MEX-I-CO. But perhaps, an expert in letter would tell me that either both ways are correct... what about Mexicana??? Me-xi-ca-na or Me-shi-ca-na??? I like the shhh dont know you!!!

Quoting TYCOON (Reply 37):
On a slightly off topic, when is the new Skyteam terminal set to open in MEX? I am flying LAX-MEX-GRU in December with AM and would like to check out the new terminal.

New date is October 2007. By Dec 07 it SHOULD be opened. It was due for Sept 06, later for Nov 31st, then, April 1st, now its sometime in Sept/Oct 07!!! Hope its SOON!!!
Ricardo Morales - flyAPM - ¡No es que maneje rapido, solo estoy volando lento!

EddieDude

Wed Apr 18, 2007 1:43 am

specific intermediate points in Europe

Anybody has taken the time to take a look at the agreement to see which are these specific intermediate stops. I would assume that FRA, LHR, MAD and CDG are excluded.

Quoting Cedars747 (Reply 3):

As many have explained, this is unlikely to happen. First, because MAD is probably not one of the specific intermediate points in Europe for fifth freedom connections. Second, because of the lobbying that AM and IB would do to keep EK away from their crown-jewel route.

Quoting LTU932 (Reply 21):
HAM is just their stopover point for their third DXB-JFK frequency, though EK has 5th Freedom Rights on both DXB-HAM-DXB and HAM-JFK-HAM.

I'd love it if it were HAM and I would love it even more if it were VIE like someone else proposed, but I wonder whether there needs to be a significant component of O&D business travelers between MEX and the European point to ensure the route's success. In this case, I would think MUC or MXP could be good options.

Quoting Juventus (Reply 26):
MEX-DXB with MEX's altitude could be a problem.

Quoting IB6400 (Reply 33):
I feel EK would love to fly DUB-JFK-MEX...

I think we will never see 5th freedom rights flights between Mexico and the U.S. again... at least not from MEX until we have an open skies treaty with the U.S. Long gone are the days of MH's MEX-LAX, AF's MEX-IAH and LY's MEX-JFK.

Quoting TYCOON (Reply 37):

T2 is supposedly going to open in the second semester of 2007, but I am not sure when. Seems like AF is not moving to T2 despite it being planned as a SkyTeam hub due to the fact that they bring a lot of cargo and being in T2 would be inconvenient.

Signing agreement doesn't necessarily means that EK will fly to Mexico,

This is perhaps the most important post of this thread. Many nations enter into bilateral agreements but service never happens. If EK (or could be EY) see a market and have available aircraft, they will do it. Otherwise, it will be just one more bilateral agreement.

Quoting CHRISBA777ER (Reply 41):
Could the 777LR do it non-stop does anyone know?

It is an interesting question. I believe Boeing was testing an Air India 772LR with enhancements designed for hot airports. I wonder whether these enhancements would be enough. To be honest, I think MEX-DXB is not feasible.
Next flights: MEX-LAX AM 738, LAX-PVG DL 77L, SHA-PEK CA 789, PEK-PVG CA A332, PVG-ORD MU 77W, ORD-MEX AM 738

Qatara340

Wed Apr 18, 2007 6:13 pm

But, EK usually takes full advantages of civil aviation agreements between the UAE and other countries and I wouldnt be surprised if EK started a MEX flight sometime in early 2008. Wait and see.
لا اله الا الله محمد رسول الله

BlueElephant

Wed Apr 18, 2007 9:35 pm

If not DUB probably BCN, as MAD already has enough traffic.

I really would have to go with BCN.....if not, than MAD. My only reason for this thought process, is the additional passenger traffic picked up, especially after Air Madrid's demise.

Please keep in mind however that this could be EK or EY serving this route.

rojo

Thu Apr 19, 2007 12:59 am

Quoting EddieDude (Reply 45):
This is perhaps the most important post of this thread. Many nations enter into bilateral agreements but service never happens. If EK (or could be EY) see a market and have available aircraft, they will do it. Otherwise, it will be just one more bilateral agreement.

We are missing the Visa issue here. EK or EY will never start a non-stop service to Mexico (if it was possible with a A350 or 777LR) with the current Visa restrictions between the two countries. A flight via Europe will work perfectly, but passenger traffic will be split: a) Mexicans and Europeans on the Mexico / Europe sector b) Europeans and Middle East + others (connections) on the Europe to Dubai. There will be very small traffic from Asia to Mexico, since most of the Asian countries (from India to the Middle East, excluding from Thailand / China to the East of Asia since it is easier to fly through the pacific) require a Visa to visit Mexico and those visas take up to one month and most of the times they are denied. Same happens to Mexican Citizens, who have to be invited by a UAE citizen in order to get a Visa.

EddieDude

Thu Apr 19, 2007 6:46 am

Quoting BlueElephant (Reply 47):
really would have to go with BCN

Yeah, I was thinking about this too, but given that IB has given up on BCN as a long-haul city, AM is more than keen on getting more planes to launch MEX-BCN non-stops. I would love to see a non-stop link to BCN by either AM or a U.A.E. carrier, but I think AM would lobby against this with all their might. Has anyone had the chance to check which airports in Europe are the specific fifth freedom points?
Next flights: MEX-LAX AM 738, LAX-PVG DL 77L, SHA-PEK CA 789, PEK-PVG CA A332, PVG-ORD MU 77W, ORD-MEX AM 738