tomascubero

AN-124 In SJO This Week, Any Info?

Tue Apr 17, 2007 9:10 am

Hey Guys,

I have been informed by ADS Ground Handling that an AN-124 will be visiting SJO sometime this week with some ship parts. I have unfortunately not received info on its arrival day or hours and I really don't want to miss it. Hopefully someone can provide me with this information.

Thanks in advance!
Tomas.

md11sdf

RE: AN-124 In SJO This Week, Any Info?

Tue Apr 17, 2007 9:49 am

Hello from Louisville Kentucky USA. I am in the same "spot" as you, with regards to the AN-124.
Last Friday morning, we had POLET FLIGHT land at SDF. I was not able to get to the airport until after it was unloaded and here three days later, it is still sitting at our airport--looking GREAT in the beautiful sunshine.
I checked flightaware and it came here from Britze-Norton RAF base in the UK. It has been 10 years since we have had the incredible RUSLAN in Louisville. It makes the UPS 747's look.... small.

Terry
LOUISVILLE, where your camera may as well be a stinger misslie to the Airport Police.

tomascubero

RE: AN-124 In SJO This Week, Any Info?

Tue Apr 17, 2007 12:51 pm

Quoting Md11sdf (Reply 1):
Hello from Louisville Kentucky USA. I am in the same "spot" as you, with regards to the AN-124.
Last Friday morning, we had POLET FLIGHT land at SDF. I was not able to get to the airport until after it was unloaded and here three days later, it is still sitting at our airport--looking GREAT in the beautiful sunshine.
I checked flightaware and it came here from Britze-Norton RAF base in the UK. It has been 10 years since we have had the incredible RUSLAN in Louisville. It makes the UPS 747's look.... small.

Hi Terry,

It is quite amazing, I have yet to see one but I know that it is similar to the C-5 Galaxy which is another beast and has been to SJO quite a few times. You know maybe it could be that one coming here haha. Hopefully someone knows the details for the one to come here.

Cheers,
Tomas.