SkyTeam7488
Topic Author

Continental Standby Question

Sat Apr 21, 2007 3:48 am

For those CO guru's out there... I'm booked on RSW-IAH-DEN (1473/399) 4/24.....i was looking at the seat maps on an earlier routing (1563/799) and they're only showing "premium seats" available in coach....What do you think my chances are of getting on the earlier routing.... is it even worth showing up that early for?

Another ? - should I check in online with the original itinerary, pass through security, and inquire at the departure gate for 1563... or should I wait and try to check in at the counter day of departure..

Thanks in advance for any info/advice

[Edited 2007-04-20 20:53:21]
You only live once... So live the high life.

SHUPirate1

RE: Continental Standby Question

Sat Apr 21, 2007 4:13 am

Quoting SkyTeam7488 (Thread starter):
For those CO guru's out there... I'm booked on RSW-IAH-DEN (1473/399) 4/24.....i was looking at the seat maps on an earlier routing (1563/799) and they're only showing "premium seats" available in coach....What do you think my chances are of getting on the earlier routing.... is it even worth showing up that early for?

Another ? - should I check in online with the original itinerary, pass through security, and inquire at the departure gate for 1563... or should I wait and try to check in at the counter day of departure..

Thanks in advance for any info/advice

Check in online, don't print your boarding pass, and then ask at the check-in counter when you do print your BP about it...although they, in my experience, will not clear standbys until after they start boarding.

Will Continental allow you to stand by for connections via another city? There's a 10:40 departure to EWR that will get you into Denver at 4:51, if you so desire.
Burma's constitutional referendum options: A. Yes, B. Go to Insein Prison!

CALMSP

RE: Continental Standby Question

Sat Apr 21, 2007 4:38 am

the ticket agent can get you on the list right when you check in, and may even clear you at the ticket counter.....

we call it a "has.wants" or "wants.has" , i forget......otherwise if its full, you'll get a standby BP for the earlier flight and will be cleared at the gate