AirTranTPAramp
Topic Author

Sunjet International Airlines

Sun Apr 22, 2007 1:44 pm

i remeber a few years back when i first moved to the Tampa Bay area i saw commercials for Sunjet Airlines. i thought they had a pretty snazzy looking paint job. what happened to them. i think and i could be wrong that they turned into southeast airlines. am i wrong on this, too bad there aren't any photos in the database of this airline. i think they flew to small cities just like Southeast Airlines did. any feedback would be great
Fly SONG jets!

wjcandee

RE: Sunjet International Airlines

Sun Apr 22, 2007 2:30 pm

We did a thread on this a while back. Their flight DFW-EWR was like $79 last-minute, and at one point they had 2 flights a day. It was known as the "Dancer Express" for all the go-go dancers from Dallas who used it to fly to New York to make some money. You'd stand in luggage claim and the girls would have giant tubs with their costumes clunking down the chute. With last-minute nonstops on this route at 400+ each way these days, I miss SunJet.

LAXintl

RE: Sunjet International Airlines

Sun Apr 22, 2007 2:32 pm

You do a search? A few good postings on the subject;
Rare Flashback: SunJet MD-80 At LGB (by Matt D Dec 18 2006 in Civil Aviation) Who Remembers SunJet? (by Ssides Apr 20 2004 in Civil Aviation)
From the desert to the sea, to all of Southern California