Venezuela747
Topic Author

Connecting From AA To US At DFW, Need Help?

Tue Apr 24, 2007 7:29 am

So I just bought my tickets to go back home this summer on travelocity.
The whole itinerary is as follow:

BHM-DFW AA569 11:30AM-1:35PM
DFW-PHX US308 2:53PM-3:30PM
PHX-COS US2916 6:11PM-8:55PM

For $180, not too bad but not that great at all. Should have bought DL about two weeks ago at $130 (up to CVG then down to ATL then to COS, way to rack up some miles). But here are the questions:

1. Will my bags be checked all the way? How bout boarding passes? Just want to get an overall feel as to what will I have to do when i get into DFW?

2. Just pulled up the reservation on aa.com even though I had bought it on travelocity, and it was automatically already added on to "My Reservations". It says under "Booking Class Code" it says I'm in R Business, but I am seated in Coach Class. In the US website it says I'm in coach, anyone know whats up with that?

So yeah thanks...looking forward to this trip, never flown two airlines on one trip. It has been almost 3 years since I last flew AA. Looking forward to see the new Skylink at DFW if I have time.
ROLL TIDE!!!

COERJ145

RE: Connecting From AA To US At DFW, Need Help?

Tue Apr 24, 2007 7:36 am

Quoting Venezuela747 (Thread starter):
Will my bags be checked all the way? How bout boarding passes? Just want to get an overall feel as to what will I have to do when i get into DFW?

The Skylink Train(bi-directional) is your best bet to get from AA(terminals A, C or D) to US(terminal E) in DFW. It is inside security, so no hassles there. Get your boarding passes for US online, or at their gate. I'm not sure whether US has an interline agreement with AA, so you may have to get your bags at DFW and take the shuttle to E. If there are no delays, you will not have any problems.

IAHFLYR

Tue Apr 24, 2007 7:37 am

Quoting Venezuela747 (Thread starter):
Looking forward to see the new Skylink at DFW if I have time.

You'll get a chance to ride on the Skylink from the AA terminal to the US terminal which is Terminal E.
Any views shared are strictly my own and do not a represent those of any former employer.

Venezuela747
Topic Author

Tue Apr 24, 2007 7:41 am

So I guess the boarding pass issue won't be a problem cause I can always check in online. It is just a matter of whther the bags will need to be picked up at DFW or not, anyone know?
ROLL TIDE!!!

commavia

Tue Apr 24, 2007 7:42 am

Yep, you can check in online. Transferring at D/FW shouldn't be a problem at all, assuming the inbound BHM-DFW flight is on time. You can hop on the SkyLink and head over to the high E gates, where US operates. The ride should be 10 minutes tops -- and enjoy the tarmac views -- they are some of the best anywhere!

airstatdfw

Tue Apr 24, 2007 10:01 am

I know some carriers at DFW do interline with each other, I'm just not sure if US and AA are one or not. I guess I would call AA or US and see if they have an agreement with each other. If you don't take SkyLink there is Terminal Link on the non secure side on the upper roadway to take you from one terminal to another. Once your back inside security, you can take SkyLink for a trip around the airport. Not bad view of the airport!!

AirStatDFW

N276AASTT

Tue Apr 24, 2007 11:11 am

AA does have an Interline agreement with US. When you checkin and the agent prints up your baggage tags, since the flights are together on the same intinerary, the printout on the tags should be automatic showing the connection to US at DFW. Just to be absolutely sure it works out like that, ask the checkin agent to take a second glance.
Dejale Caer tu el Peso! YOMO

Venezuela747
Topic Author

Tue Apr 24, 2007 1:17 pm

Yeah just heard from travelocity that they do interline. Either way, I'll still make sure to look at the tags to make sure they are checked all the way throguh. Otherwise, I guess I wouldn't mind a little adventure at DFW.
Lookin forward to riding that skyLink
ROLL TIDE!!!