|Quoting JetBluefan1 (Reply 20):|
Those costs are certainly under control. Now let's see that revenue number go up...
Exactly. I'm a B6
fan, but I'm not seeing RASM go up as much as it should have when they turned on the yeild optimization routine on the route planning software.
So what went wrong:
1. High downtime on the E190's for software upgrade. I believe that's done, so the E190 CASM should drop (better utilizatoin).
2. Valentine's day massacre. Bad... But also poorly managed, especially from a PR
standpoint. I really like B6
... but they absolutely gave the press a feeding frenzy. Rule #1 of aviation is never be the cover story of CNN.
1. Healthy growth rate going forward.
2. E190's hitting "economy of scale" (further helps CASM). Not to mention E190's maturing.
3. Cash. Almost $700mill. They're ok.
4. Summer is almost here.
5. Adaptable staff. If any airline can change, I think its B6
What's looking ugly:
1. Florida's economy. As the state bird of Florida, B6
yeild will be hit.
2. Competition made money. Except UA
3. Ratio of sales, losses about the same as UA
|Quoting Tommytoyz (Reply 31):|
GAAP is there for a reason, and to date I have only seen WN and B6 report the GAAP figures clearly and prominently.
This sets B6 apart in my book.
Gives much more confidence in the numbers.
All companies should report GAAP.
Jetblue will be around for a while... let's see them make money as healthy companies must!
|Quoting JetBluefan1 (Reply 29):|
I think Neeleman did a great job starting the company and promoting it - he must be a PR genius - but I do agree to an extent that JetBlue is in need of another CEO.
CEO should be a spokemodel. What's needed is further refinement of operations. Keep Neeleman around to boost morale, but steal people from F9
to boost yeild.
|Quoting JetBlueAUS (Reply 30):|
At least, JetBlue will be getting 5 new BOS gates this summer.
At that point they will get in some healthy growth.
How is the new terminal going at JFK
? I'd imagine those costs are hurting B6
a little bit (anyone know details of how the accounting is being done?).