Fly2HMO

Aerolineas Internacionales (MEX) To Resucitate?

Wed Apr 25, 2007 5:58 am

Somebody please tell me this article in wikipedia is a joke:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Aerolineas_Internacionales

I mean, this is a total give away:

Quote:
The new fleet consists of 16 Boeing 737-400 for national and U.S. flights and seven 747-400 for the European and Asian flights.

rotfl   rotfl   rotfl 

I've found wikipedia to be a pretty reliable soruce for the stuff I usually research, but this is the first time I find something dubious, specially being in the aviation section.   

[Edited 2007-04-24 23:00:25]

KLM685

RE: Aerolineas Internacionales (MEX) To Resucitate?

Wed Apr 25, 2007 6:52 am

God I hope no :S Sounds like a terrible plan ! I wouldn't like to see a beautiful 744 in Aerolineas Internacionales conditions :S

But well if you read correctly it says that it will start again in February 2007...LOL

Great Joke! Thanks for posting
KLM- The Best Airline in the World!

MX77W

Wed Apr 25, 2007 3:33 pm

Isn't Aerolineas Internacionales that one airline that used to have that ugly blue-greenish color?? And there was a rumour that they "hand-painted" their planes? YIKES, I hope they stay 6-feet under!!!

MX 77W
Mexicana lives on...

KLAM

Wed Apr 25, 2007 8:28 pm

HAHAHAHAHAHA
I remember that if you bought something I don´t know in which store like "Elektra" or something like that, you were given a ticket to fly Aerolineas Internacionales. Their livery at the begining looked like something taken out from a middle east airline from the 60s and then repainted with the colors of a bathroom of a very old house. The later ones were not uniform among aircraft, and they looked as if a preeschooler had drawn them.
Gosh the news there seem really awkward, Raul Julia-Levy being the new owner, wasn´t he dead? I heard that once, it is only a rumour I presume, and them buying 747 - 400? this sounds really invented. If it is real, I hope nobody flies them, they were the crappiest airlines, I once heard one of the seats iin one of their 737-200 had a tray table pasted with duct tape.
BTW, What´s that of Aerolineas Internacionales flying into La Guardia? AFAIK they never had a place for check in in the International Terminal of MEX...
Hope someone can clarify this, but yes I hope they don´t come back, we don´t need more corrupt businesses in Mexico, lilke TAESA, that are surviving by god knows which means flying passengers at low rates with full service, but sacrificing security.

Regards

KL-AM
flyOM

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos