leamside

Asian Spirit ZAM-SDK May 7. Using YS-11?

Thu Apr 26, 2007 1:51 am

The first Asian Spirit YS-11 topic has been archived. See: RE: Asian Spirit YS-11 (by Leamside Feb 26 2007 in Civil Aviation)

So, here's hopefully some news that the YS-11s flown months ago to the Philippines from Japan will be used in Asian Spirit's recently announced Zamboanga, Philippines - Sandakan route revival!

Asian Spirit will commence the 3X weekly service to SDK on May 7. The airline will also fly Zambonaga-Jolo and Zamboanga-Tawi-tawi thereby competing with SEAir.

Frequency:
ZAM-JOL MWF
ZAM-SDK MWF
ZAM-SGS (Tawi-tawi) T-TH

In the past these routes were flown by Philippine Airlines (pre-Asian crisis), South Phoenix AIways (Dec '04 to Jul '05) and Mosphil Aero (Aug 2006-?).

[Edited 2007-04-25 18:54:47]

[Edited 2007-04-25 18:55:55]

LurveBus

RE: Asian Spirit ZAM-SDK May 7. Using YS-11?

Thu Apr 26, 2007 2:28 am

South Phoenix is dead already? That was fast.

I'm guessing Asian Spirit is taking advantage of the ASEAN-EAGA treaties. They're gonna start offering fifth freedoms in the EAGA region soon.

leamside

Thu Apr 26, 2007 6:41 am

Quoting LurveBus (Reply 1):
South Phoenix is dead already?

Affirmative! There was news sometime back that South Phoenix would become Orient Airlines but that did not materialize.

leamside

Thu Apr 26, 2007 6:57 am

I'm guessing Asian Spirit is taking advantage of the ASEAN-EAGA treaties.

I agree. Just is case you didn't catch this one in yesterday's news, Puerto Princesa and General Santos are now covered under the EAGA open-air pact: http://mindanews.com/index.php?optio...ontent&task=view&id=2259&Itemid=50

leamside

Fri Apr 27, 2007 5:41 am

South Phoenix is dead already? That was fast.

So is Mosphil as far as Zamboanga, Jolo, Tawi-tawi & Sandakan routes are concerned - I think.

In another post (http://www.airliners.net/discussions/general_aviation/read.main/3298410/?searchid=3298410&s=mosphil#ID3298410) I wrote, "For those unfamiliar, mosphil operates (or used to operate) the russian made AN-24 between Zamboanga & Jolo but it appears flights have been suspended. A lady I spoke with at their office in Manila was vague about answers and simply mentioned that the airline needs to finish some pending paperwork. Mosphil has a website that does not work: http://www.mosphilaero.com/ver1/login.php Also, they use a yahoo email address. Makes me wary that a company uses such rather than have their own."

Mosphil is still gasping though. The airline is trying to arrange package tours from Russia to Masbate. Yup, you read that right - Russia to Masbate! And that according to Bayanihan at: http://www.bayanihan.org/html/article.php/20070420100627312 Hmmm, the massages in Masbate must be really, really good!

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos