easy6431

Runway Extention At Newcastle EGNT, UK Goes Ahead!

Thu Apr 26, 2007 11:32 pm

This has been the moment all enthusiasts at Newcastle have been waiting for and now it is official. With the work on the new tower making quick progress, officials have now said they will extend the 25 end of the runway so as to accomodate for bigger jets on a much more regular basis. The announcement of Emirates coming to Newcastle operating 1 flight a day to Dubai has caused quite a stir, and other airlines are due to follow. American Airlines were supposed to have started daily flights to New York last April, but pulled out due to high fuel costs (so they say) and now they are re considering the move. Airlines are now treating Newcastle as a major stop over for passengers who want to make a connecting flight, hence why the terminal is due to be extended from where the terminal is now all the way up to the new tower construction. It's looking up for Newcastle!

gkirk

RE: Runway Extention At Newcastle EGNT, UK Goes Ahead!

Fri Apr 27, 2007 6:30 am

Should please Thomsonfly also who will be starting NCL-Cancun, Puerto Cuna and Orlando Sanford flights from NCL in 2008.
When you hear the noise of the Tartan Army Boys, we'll be coming down the road!

easy6431

Fri Apr 27, 2007 6:46 am

Yes difinately, but they already fly to Orlando now, as does Monarch. Zoom is also in line to start which will be a shame for Air Transat.

by738

Fri Apr 27, 2007 6:48 am

Quoting Easy6431 (Thread starter):
now they are re considering the move

Are they.....?

easy6431

Fri Apr 27, 2007 6:53 am

Yes, well, at least they do in the summer months. Puerto Plata aswell. They all use aircraft from Manchester originally. With the extention, they won't need to do this. yay!

BlueShamu330s

Fri Apr 27, 2007 6:58 am

American Airlines were supposed to have started daily flights to New York last April, but pulled out due to high fuel costs (so they say) and now they are re considering the move.

Are they...? If so, that's quite a scoop you have.

Airlines are now treating Newcastle as a major stop over for passengers who want to make a connecting flight,

Which airlines? And on which airlines can you route through NCL, stopover, and carry on to your final destination? I don't mean some inane routeing like CDG-NCL-BRS, but a genuine hub operation.

Shamu
So I drive a 4x4. So what?! Tax the a$$ off me for it...oh, you already have... :-(

gkirk

Fri Apr 27, 2007 4:25 pm

Quoting Easy6431 (Reply 2):
Yes difinately, but they already fly to Orlando now, as does Monarch. Zoom is also in line to start which will be a shame for Air Transat.

Only Monarch fly NCL-SFB at the moment. TS are no longer flying to NCL, they've been replaced by TCX 757 and GSM 757.

CO would be more likely for NCL-EWR, can't see AA having another look. Rumour is that management aren't too fond of them after what happened last time.

As for connections...eh?
When you hear the noise of the Tartan Army Boys, we'll be coming down the road!

cornish

Fri Apr 27, 2007 7:05 pm

Airlines are now treating Newcastle as a major stop over for passengers who want to make a connecting flight, hence why the terminal is due to be extended from where the terminal is now all the way up to the new tower construction.

Much as I have a big soft spot for Newcastle, this statment is utter rubbish. Newcastle is not a major stop over or a connecting airport and never will be. It is really only an O&D airport.

American Airlines were supposed to have started daily flights to New York last April, but pulled out due to high fuel costs (so they say) and now they are re considering the move.

Or rather they found a more profitable route to operate that 757 on at the time. Perhaps the incentives are bigger this time. I'm expecting an ORD-BHX service from AA first UK regions-wise.
Just when I thought I could see light at the end of the tunnel, it was some B*****d with a torch bringing me more work

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos