Owleye

Renewed LTU Welcomed. Air Berlin Will Follow.

Fri Apr 27, 2007 2:31 pm

Duesseldorf - During a big event Thursday evening 26 April, 2007 the new look of LTU is officially introduced. Air Berlin is the new owner of LTU with the posession of 100% LTU stocks (acquired for 140 million euros). Air Berlin's corporate branding and aircraft livery will be changed soon exactly like the new LTU-branding although the "Air Berlin"-brand and so the Air Berlin aircraft titles will remain.

View Large View Medium
Click here for bigger photo!

Photo © Terence Li

lindy field

RE: Renewed LTU Welcomed. Air Berlin Will Follow.

Fri Apr 27, 2007 3:17 pm

I can't say that I'm impressed with the new LTU livery, it's much less distinctive than its predecessor and looks like an unfinished knock-off of Qantas. Even worse is the rumor that Air Berlin will change its livery to one that's "exactly like" it. I much prefer these two schemes, even if they could use a little updating.

MyAviation.net photo:
Photo © Edward Kehler
MyAviation.net photo:
Photo © Edward Kehler

zeke

Fri Apr 27, 2007 3:32 pm

Quoting Lindy Field (Reply 1):
it's much less distinctive than its predecessor and looks like an unfinished knock-off of Qantas.

That is what I thought of Air Asia

View Large View Medium

Photo © M Radzi Desa

View Large View Medium

Photo © Ian Creek

When airborne, the tails look very similar from a few miles.
We are addicted to our thoughts. We cannot change anything if we cannot change our thinking – Santosh Kalwar

LTU932

Fri Apr 27, 2007 3:55 pm

So, did the German antitrust authorities gave their blessing to the merger?

TriStar500

Fri Apr 27, 2007 5:57 pm

Quoting OwlEye (Thread starter):
Air Berlin's corporate branding and aircraft livery will be changed soon exactly like the new LTU-branding although the "Air Berlin"-brand and so the Air Berlin aircraft titles will remain.

Your source?

LTU's homepage has received a new look in the meantime, with the LTU red changed into the AB red.
Homer: Facts are meaningless. You could use facts to prove anything that's even remotely true!

dazeflight

Fri Apr 27, 2007 7:57 pm

Quoting TriStar500 (Reply 4):
Your source?

LTU's homepage has received a new look in the meantime, with the LTU red changed into the AB red.

The new red is a mix of lut and airberlin, it's not the airberlin red. Just compare the new ltu page and the air berlin page.

Regards
Daniel

metroliner

Fri Apr 27, 2007 8:04 pm

no way! that air berlin livery is a timeless classic! can't say i'm impressed with these recent developments here in germany...
Set the controls for the heart of the Sun

Glareskin

Fri Apr 27, 2007 8:08 pm

Quoting Zeke (Reply 2):
When airborne, the tails look very similar from a few miles.

I don't agree on that. The Qantas design is extending the wing on the fuselage. It is looking so well that even the ugly 737 is looking OK on the picture you've linked. No of the copies comes close to this. As for the new LTU / Air Berlin livery. For LTU it is a step back but for Air Berlin I suspect it is going to be an improvement. By the way, IMO all the German LLC's have liveries that look cheap.
There's still a long way to go before all the alliances deserve a star...