deltaffindfw

B6 Employees Arrested In Credit Card Fraud

Wed May 02, 2007 9:14 am

NEW YORK, May 1 (Reuters) - Four JetBlue (JBLU.O: Quote, Profile , Research) employees and a New York City corrections officer were arrested on Tuesday on charges of splurging with credit cards forgotten by passengers rushing to catch their flights, prosecutors said.

The arrests come as the low-cost airline struggles to rebuild customer confidence after a February storm triggered the cancellation of some 1,200 JetBlue flights and left passengers stranded or fuming on grounded planes for hours.

An probe by Manhattan District Attorney Robert Morgenthau found that the five, who included three customer service agents and a flight attendant, went on shopping sprees using credit and debit cards that belonged to JetBlue customers.

http://yahoo.reuters.com/news/articl...49_N01321041&type=comktNews&rpc=44

777236ER

RE: B6 Employees Arrested In Credit Card Fraud

Wed May 02, 2007 9:20 am

Quoting DeltaFFinDFW (Thread starter):
An probe by Manhattan District Attorney Robert Morgenthau found that the five, who included three customer service agents and a flight attendant, went on shopping sprees using credit and debit cards that belonged to JetBlue customers.

Bad grammar aside, 'a probe' indicates nothing, and shouldn't be reported by the media if and until a conviction is obtained.
Your bone's got a little machine

atlaaron

Wed May 02, 2007 9:23 am

Quoting 777236ER (Reply 1):
and shouldn't be reported by the media if and until a conviction is obtained.

I disagree. People would be up in arms if they did not know about probes, investigations, etc.

Edit: By the way these were arrests . . . arrests I believe are public information.

[Edited 2007-05-02 02:23:53]

ikramerica

Wed May 02, 2007 9:30 am

'a probe' indicates nothing, and shouldn't be reported by the media if and until a conviction is obtained.

Uhmm... there were five ARRESTS after the probe. It indicates the probe is ongoing, and that there may be more, but they have found five so far.

Are you saying that no crime should be reported by the press until after the trial? How does that work in a free society?
Of all the things to worry about... the Wookie has no pants.

ripcordd

Wed May 02, 2007 10:56 am

Jetblues new customer rights bill: We steal your credit card and charge the company blue chips to it and then we make you wait on the ground for 12 hours for a gate.

NYCAAer

Wed May 02, 2007 10:00 pm

It always surprises me when I read things like this, but then it shouldn't because sometimes all airlines hire some real losers, like the drug-smuggling ring at AA in MIA and baggage handlers who steal from people's luggage.

It's too bad B6 is getting the bad publicity for this, but they're not alone when it comes to this sort of thing, unfortunately.

KaiGywer
Crew

Wed May 02, 2007 10:01 pm

This is nothing new. It just happens to make the news because it's an airline. If the clerk at your local convenience store went shopping with your credit card, it would never make the news.
“Once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your eyes turned skyward, for there you have been, an

BigOrange

Thu May 03, 2007 12:06 am

Quoting DeltaFFinDFW (Thread starter):
Four JetBlue] employees and a New York City corrections officer were arrested on Tuesday on charges of splurging with credit cards forgotten by passengers rushing to catch their flights, prosecutors said

What I don't understand is how Jet Blue employees were able to get hold of these credit cards unless people leave them lying around in the gate area. It's not like the employees operate the checkpoints.

Sean-SAN-

Thu May 03, 2007 12:23 am

Paying someone $11/hr to work & living in NYC = you're going to have some shady people working for you. End of story.

SpencerII

Thu May 03, 2007 12:30 am

Bad grammar aside, 'a probe' indicates nothing, and shouldn't be reported by the media if and until a conviction is obtained.

Here we go again, If it involves jetBlue, everything should be handled differently.

nkops

Thu May 03, 2007 2:24 am

Quoting KaiGywer (Reply 6):
This is nothing new. It just happens to make the news because it's an airline.

I agree, there was a big thing around here with gas station attendants stealing cc numbers and using them. (Remember, we don't have self-serve in NJ).
:evil:

kevin82277

Thu May 03, 2007 9:36 am

Quoting BigOrange (Reply 7):
What I don't understand is how Jet Blue employees were able to get hold of these credit cards

Its my guess that when customers have credit cards out to pay for movies, they foget to put them away and leave them on seats on in seat back pockets.

connies4ever

Thu May 03, 2007 9:51 am

Quoting ATLAaron (Reply 2):
Edit: By the way these were arrests . . . arrests I believe are public information.

I think the arrangement the media has in Great Britain is by far the most civilized in the world:
until a conviction is obtained, the accused's names are kept out of the story. They are identified
only by their initials, as in Mr. D.B. of new York City, etc. In such way, if a 'Not Guilty' is
returned, essentially no harm done.
Nostalgia isn't what it used to be.

ikramerica

Thu May 03, 2007 4:31 pm

Quoting Connies4ever (Reply 12):
I think the arrangement the media has in Great Britain is by far the most civilized in the world:
until a conviction is obtained, the accused's names are kept out of the story. They are identified
only by their initials, as in Mr. D.B. of new York City, etc. In such way, if a 'Not Guilty' is
returned, essentially no harm done.

That's a great system. I always thought the US way of giving names of those arrested was one that wrecks lives for those who are not guilty. Especially in crimes like rape, etc.

But the other side is that people want to know if someone potentially dangerous (physically or otherwise) is living around them, awaiting trial, since trials can take years in some cases.
Of all the things to worry about... the Wookie has no pants.

rwy04lga

Fri May 04, 2007 1:22 pm

That's odd....no comment from my 'Rich' friend about B6's '4 Star' service.  rotfl 
Just accept that some days, you're the pigeon, and other days the statue