BHD
Topic Author

How Acurate Is Flightaware.com

Wed May 02, 2007 11:38 pm

I all

I was wondering if anyone has had any problems with flightaware.com before, of have they found it to be acurate most of the time. I think it is a brilliant piece of software and all credit goes to the developer(s). Yesterday, (Tues), GSM825 from BFS-SFB was recorded has having flown as a 767, however, their fleet listing currently shows no active 767s due to their lease at Air India. Has flightaware.com recorded yeserday's flight acuratly?

Many thanks
Woody

RobK

RE: How Acurate Is Flightaware.com

Wed May 02, 2007 11:43 pm

There's nothing wrong with flightaware, it's Globespan's website that's the issue.

Globespan have 2x 767s :

G-CDPT (had it for over 12 months)
G-CEFG (had it for over 6 months)

Presumably one or both of them are back from AIC lease.

R

[Edited 2007-05-02 16:45:31]

bond007

Wed May 02, 2007 11:45 pm

It's as good as the data it gets from the FAA ... which originates initially from the flight plan.

Jimbo
I'd rather be on the ground wishing I was in the air, than in the air wishing I was on the ground!

star_world

Wed May 02, 2007 11:45 pm

I've yet to see an error on it - aside from map errors on international flights that are outside its coverage area. It gets its data directly from the FAA systems, so assuming the flight plans, etc. are filed correctly there it should translate into accurate coverage.

RobK

Wed May 02, 2007 11:48 pm

Further to my post above, if they're both still with AIC then what about one of the NOS aircraft listed on the page you refer to? I doubt that the type was NOT a 767, although it does occasionally happen that the wrong aircraft type is filed in flight plan system.

R

BHD
Topic Author

Wed May 02, 2007 11:55 pm

Quoting RobK (Reply 4):
they're both still with AIC then what about one of the NOS aircraft listed on the page

Thanks for all replies so far... this is what i had thought also, althogh they weren't expected from middle of May.

Thanks again
Woody

RobK

Wed May 02, 2007 11:57 pm

My contact at GLA says it was G-CEFG, so presumably this one hasn't gone to AIC for the Summer after all, or at least not yet anyway.

R

BHD
Topic Author

Thu May 03, 2007 12:20 am

Quoting RobK (Reply 6):
My contact at GLA says it was G-CEFG, so presumably this one hasn't gone to AIC for the Summer after all

Thanks RobK - the following site also has recent photos of G-CEFG still operating for GSM. This is a twist as up until now, other posts on this site have assumed both 767s have been at Air India. Seems this isn't the case - thanks for the help, it is much appreciated.

Thanks
Woody

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos