lincoln

NW Y-class Change Fee?

Thu May 03, 2007 10:45 pm

Does anyone know what NW's change fees for a Y26 (full economy) fare basis are? The fare is fully refundable and I've read the fare rules and I don't see anything but before I complete the purchase I see:

• This ticket is refundable.
  • Please note, security regulations may require us to provide government agencies access to data you disclose to us.
  • Refer to our Customers First policy.
  • View complete Fare Rules for this trip.
  • Changes to this ticket will incur change fees.
  • Fares and availability are not guaranteed until purchase.
  • Refer to our Policy and Fees when booking unaccompanied children through age 17.

Which kind of has me concerned because the primary reason I'm buying Y26 is to avoid change fees.
(The reason I'm buying NW is they're the only airline serving my destination)

Lincoln
CO Is My Airline of Choice || Baggage Claim is an airline's last chance to disappoint a customer || Next flts in profile

burnsie28

RE: NW Y-class Change Fee?

Thu May 03, 2007 11:58 pm

The easy way to do it would be to call 1-800-225-2525. Have your confirmation number ready so it takes less time.

Jano

Fri May 04, 2007 12:11 am

If you booked online at nwa.com than you can choose "View/Change Reservations & Seats" at the www.nwa.com. Go through the whole process but the last step. It will show you the change fee.
The Widget Air Line :)

toltommy

Fri May 04, 2007 2:31 am

If it's fully refundable, it should be changable without penalty. A Y26NR would have fees.

jimyvr

Fri May 04, 2007 2:51 am

Full fare economy like fare basis Y26 doesn't charge change fees.

If they do, they would list the amount of change fee, which nwa generally charge USD100 plus fare difference.
1000 - 01MAR07 | http://airlineroute.blogspot.com/

lincoln

Fri May 04, 2007 4:04 am

Quoting Jano (Reply 2):
If you booked online at nwa.com than you can choose "View/Change Reservations & Seats" at the www.nwa.com. Go through the whole process but the last step. It will show you the change fee.

Hmm, I did not think about doing that -- when I tried it, it actually offered me a refund when I tried changing the flight...so I guess I'm fee free  Smile

Quoting TOLtommy (Reply 3):
If it's fully refundable, it should be changable without penalty. A Y26NR would have fees.

Yeah, this is straight Y26... throughout the booking process it kept trying to push me into lower fares which I thought was a bit strange.

Quoting Jimyvr (Reply 4):
Full fare economy like fare basis Y26 doesn't charge change fees.

If they do, they would list the amount of change fee, which nwa generally charge USD100 plus fare difference.

That's what I was thinking -- and the reason I was buying Y26, but since I don't book NW that often I'm not really familiar with their fare classes/fee structure.
CO Is My Airline of Choice || Baggage Claim is an airline's last chance to disappoint a customer || Next flts in profile

BigAppleCoder

Fri May 04, 2007 5:41 am

Quoting Lincoln (Reply 5):
Yeah, this is straight Y26... throughout the booking process it kept trying to push me into lower fares which I thought was a bit strange.

I've noticed this about most of the airlines web sites too. Sometimes I want to buy a specific fare class and find it really difficult to do so. Continental will at least let you specify a fare class.

Jano

Fri May 04, 2007 5:47 am

Quoting BigAppleCoder (Reply 6):
've noticed this about most of the airlines web sites too. Sometimes I want to buy a specific fare class and find it really difficult to do so. Continental will at least let you specify a fare class.

One can do this (pick a specific reservation class) at nwa.com too using "Search for Fare Class" at res.nwa.com.
The Widget Air Line :)

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos