Delta And El Al -- Talking About Codeshare

Thu Aug 03, 2000 2:42 am

http://biz.yahoo.com/rf/000802/l02354616.html

blink182

RE: Delta And El Al -- Talking About Codeshare

Thu Aug 03, 2000 4:37 am

what's the point of it, EL AL already has an alliance with American Airlines and the article is no longer available.
blink182
Give me a break, I created this username when I was a kid...

euroschu

Thu Aug 03, 2000 2:01 pm

El Al will code-share on the JFK flights with DL and the ORD flights with AA. No plans by El Al to join oneworld or SkyTeam.

El Al 001

Thu Aug 03, 2000 7:57 pm

No no no.....
The point is that the alliance with AA will brake down.
AA had told LY that they have an interest only at the TLV-ORD flights and not on the flight to JFK, this is not thinkable by LY who wants deeply a partner on the TLV-JFK route.
Also since AA had announced it might start to fly to TLV, LY got really upset from the fact it might have to start a competition with AA.
LY had decided to start talking with Delta, who has a hub at JFK, about codesharing in the TLV-JFK route.

If you usk me, this is a pointless move by LY,
the TLV-JFK route is well developed, in case AA does'nt want to codeshare on this route, it's not the end of the world,
The real route which LY needs a real partner is TLV-ORD, a codeshare with AA will bring the right development for the TLV-ORD route.

Thu Aug 03, 2000 11:53 pm

Agreed. Good points 001.

Fri Aug 04, 2000 12:01 am

LY probably needs feed from other cities through JFK. When feeder traffic grows, LY can also justify maintaining high flight frequencies for local passengers. Delta has pretty good feed to JFK. Over the next year, predict DL code on LY TLV-JFK flights and LY code on DL flights to BOS, LAX, SFO, MIA, ORD, DCA, ATL, etc. In about 2 years, I could see DL launching ATL-TLV 777 service in cooperation with LY.

El Al 001

Fri Aug 04, 2000 1:04 am

Jfuoco, think about this question:
Who can feed LY's flights better, AA with its huge hub at ORD or DL with its "hub" at JFK????

Also LY flies between 4-6 times a day to NYC, who needs more frequencies??? the only European airline who flies more times a day to NYC is BA.

The reason that LY wants a "feeder" to their JFK flights, is to give an answer to CO hub at EWR.

I dont think this will happen, LY will codeshare with AA in the end by my opinion.
together they can develop a strong load on a ORD-TLV flight,

blink182

Fri Aug 04, 2000 1:48 am

EL AL 001, i agree with you, DL does not have a real hub in NYC or ORD, AA happens to have both, what LY should do is dump DL and go with AA on the ORD,NYC, BOS,and MIA flights, and go with DL on the BWI route and start service to ATL and DFW or codeshare with AA and DL, LY has gotten into a real problem with this, you cannot have alliances with two US airlines that compete and take jabs at one another, since LY has been in an alliance with AA, they should keep AA and toss Delta, AA is a lot bigger at the airports in the states that EL AL serves, and the only city that DL has a hub at and that would come close to EL AL serving is ATL, and as far as I know, DFW is the only airport that AA has a hub and does not have EL AL service and even then there have been charter flights aswell so I would dump delta and go with American.
blink182
Give me a break, I created this username when I was a kid...

Fri Aug 04, 2000 5:08 am

AA might not be able to deliver what El Al wants in terms of codesharing, due to politics between AA and it's other alliance partners.

El Al 001

Fri Aug 04, 2000 10:15 pm

And why is that???
El Al codeshares with both SR & SN, they are also in alliance with AA, what do you mean by saying "due to the politics between AA and it's other alliance partners"?
Are there any problems?