kaitak

To US And Back, With Different Airlines?

Thu May 17, 2007 1:31 am

I know the practice of buying one way tickets is strongly discouraged and will more than likely mark you out for special attention from the TSA; however, bearing that in mind, if one had to (because of personal commitments) take a flight back with a different airline - for example if you're return destination was different from your outbound origin - would this be viewed as a one way ticket by the TSA?

When the TSA get their info from airlines, can they see when each pax is returning, even if it's not with that particular airline?

I'm travelling from SNN to TPA in July, but because I need to return to Jersey in the UK, it's more convenient for me to return via Gatwick.

AeroWesty

RE: To US And Back, With Different Airlines?

Thu May 17, 2007 1:40 am

Quoting Kaitak (Thread starter):
for example if you're return destination was different from your outbound origin - would this be viewed as a one way ticket by the TSA?

It should show as a round-trip ticket on your PNR if purchased as an open jaw.

Quoting Kaitak (Thread starter):
When the TSA get their info from airlines, can they see when each pax is returning, even if it's not with that particular airline?

I'm not sure what your concern is, though. Even if you're selected for SSSS at your connection point, it's just a secondary screening, that's never taken more than a couple of minutes in my experience.
International Homo of Mystery

COEI2007

RE: To US And Back, With Different Airlines?

Thu May 17, 2007 5:03 am

You'll be fine. You just need proof of your return when you're checking-in in SNN