ILUV767
Topic Author

UA's Delays Are No Match For AA's Delays

Thu Aug 03, 2000 4:27 am

For everyone who thinks that United had a lot of delays, well try this out for size, American has delayed a flight that started in SFO going to Hawaii for two days!   Now, I have commented on other peoples topics about United's delays talking about Maintenance problems, but having to do two Emergency Landings, on the same flight... now that is just funny. I guess American's delays are no match for United's little delays, they have to have one that is larger than life!

Always fly U N I T E D  

blink182

RE: UA's Delays Are No Match For AA's Delays

Thu Aug 03, 2000 4:42 am

once AA starts operating the 767 on the route, there is no way that would happen   but UA does have some very long delays and AA's DC-10's are only maintenced if there is a real problem, when my flight came in from vancouver about a week ago, i saw an AA DC-10 in the maintence area.
blink182
Give me a break, I created this username when I was a kid...

Purdue Arrow

Thu Aug 03, 2000 5:46 am

That was a cute attempt to downplay United's problems, wasn't it? American isn't the only carrier to have the occasional "double emergency" flight. Would you believe that even your precious United has had this problem, and on a flight to Hawaii no less... Untied.com report on the flight

HNL747

Thu Aug 03, 2000 6:00 am

ILUV767--

United had around 55% on-time performance in May according to DOT statistics. That is a consistent problem. Don't compare an isolated incident at American to a chronic problem at United.