Flight Academy

Thu Aug 03, 2000 7:51 am

I'm interested in becoming an airline pilot, and I'm currently researched numerous flight schools. Can anyone give me some tips about choosing the right flight school? Some of the schools I'm looking at include Comair Aviation Academy, Pan Am Flight Academy and Sierra Academy of Aeronautics. What should I look for? How much will it cost? Anyone who has information - and especially anyone who has graduated from an academy, any help is appreciated. Thanks.

RE: Flight Academy

Thu Aug 03, 2000 8:03 am

If I were you, I would check in with the military. Go and talk with a recruiter and explain that you want to become a commercial pilot and that you are wondering how they can help you get there. In so doing, you will gain the much needed flight time, not to mention experience, and you will be paid for your time and efforts. The airlines love people who have come out of the military.

Aviation is proof that, given the will, we have the capacity to achieve the impossible.

Thu Aug 03, 2000 1:44 pm

I am also looking at numerous flight schools because I will be a senior this coming fall and will need to apply somewhere. Judging by your profile, you are located out west, so you should try Embry-Riddle in Prescott Arizona. I hear they have a really great program. My brother's father-in-law attended there and said it was amazing. I am looking at Embry-Riddle in Daytona Beach, as well as Ohio State and State University of New York at Farmingdale. I do know that the tuition of Embry-Riddle is high.

Philadelphia, PA
Go Eagles!

Fri Aug 04, 2000 2:38 am

I am also doing the same checking. I`ve looked at COM-AIR, North American Institute of Aviation (NAIA), PAN-AM and a lot of others. I know for a fact that a lot of pilots would recommend NAIA, but i find COM-AIR interesting because it would be a possible quick way into DELTA.
Let me know if you find out anything that could help us make up our minds!!!

Anyone else who has information to pass on, are also free to mail me.

Fri Aug 04, 2000 3:50 am

You owe it to yourself to visit Flight Safety Academy in Vero Beach before you make any decisions regarding you flight training.

Do not look for schools associated with airlines. The school isn't offering you anything that you wouldn't be eligable for comming out of any flight school. It's an incredible pilot market right now. Comairs associations are from a time when the market was less than desirable. They are taking advantage of people who think they will be benefit.

Get the best training possible. A job will come. I was very unimpresseed with Commair.