MIAUA777
Topic Author

Transferring In FLL

Sat May 19, 2007 1:54 am

I am connecting through Fort Lauderdale tomorrow and wanted to know how long it takes to transfer terminals in FLL. I usually travel out of MIA. I will be arriving with US Airways and leaving on Continental. Thanks

dutchjet

RE: Transferring In FLL

Sat May 19, 2007 2:10 am

Its about a 10 minute walk from the US terminal area to the Continental terminal area, each terminal building at FLL is rather small........there is a wide sidewalk on both the depatures (upper) level and arrivals (lower) level that runs between the terminal buildings. If the weather is nice, walk on the upper level as it gives you a good view of the field and the airplanes, you will pass by the Delta terminal enroute.

The sidewalk on the upper level was covered with a sail-type awning that was destoryed during Wilma......I am not if it was ever replaced.

acvitale

Sat May 19, 2007 8:00 am

I am assuming that you will arrive on US Airways at Terminal Three domestic and probably connect to a Gulfstream (Continental Connection) flight out of Terminal One.

Advise to through check your bags. However, Gulfstream has had a bad season with baggage of late so make sure a small softsided carry on is brought with at least one nights worth of provisions.

Which Island are you flying to?

hiflyer

Sat May 19, 2007 8:57 am

Here is a good layout of KFLL including what carriers are where...USAir uses Concourse E while CO is over at C.

MIAUA777
Topic Author

Sat May 19, 2007 11:03 am

Thanks for the info. ill be flying in from CLT on US and transfering to Gulfstream Continental Connection to EYW. I just have a carry-on and my CO boarding pass already so i think im fine.