Posts: 155
Joined: Wed May 24, 2006 11:46 pm

Nw In Usa Today

Tue May 22, 2007 12:59 am

I was reading the paper today and though most of the story it was the same old same old until i got to the fas vote. It said that if the flight attendants fail to ratify again, they lose a bankruptcy claim worth about $18,000 per person. Does this mean if the fas vote no they get there old pay back????
Posts: 500
Joined: Thu Jan 08, 2004 10:27 am

RE: Nw In Usa Today

Tue May 22, 2007 5:03 am

No- It means that they keep the imposed pay, and lose out on the 180+ million bankrupcy claim. I also read somewhere that they would have to have a stand down in negotiations with the national mediation board or something like that, and also would lose the ability to strike for something like a year or more!

Jetjack would be the person to ask or hear from on this though.

Any landing you can walk away from is a good landing! It's a bonus if you can fly the plane again!!
User avatar
Posts: 6626
Joined: Sun Jul 27, 2003 6:35 am

RE: Nw In Usa Today

Tue May 22, 2007 5:37 am

Quoting WingnutMN (Reply 1):
Jetjack would be the person to ask or hear from on this though.

 checkmark  We continue to work under the Terms And Conditions of Employment(TCE) which is what we work under as our contract. We were imposed the TCE by the bankruptcy court after the failed TA-2. We're currently voting on TA-3(I voted for it). If we vote this down, the bankruptcy claim is gone. It is distrbuted amongst the other unsecured creditors. Should we ratify the deal, we would recieve about 60% of the 1st 40%($18,000) of the claim as 35-40% of it is swallowed up in taxes. The rest of the 60% is deposited in a 401K account. It is currently trading at 70-74 cents on the dollar. It is still under the $195 million in pay and compensation cuts. Some FA's were spreading ridiculous rumours around that if we came out of bankruptcy without an agreement, that we would revert back to our previous agreement which is patently false. There are still some clowns out there online who still believe that although that myth was debunked almost 2 years ago. As far as us taking NWA to task? Doubtful. Our abilitly to seek self-help(strike) is hinged on whether we'll be released from talks and declare an impasse. That is looking increasingly dim and full of uncertainty. According to out AFA-CWA national president, Pat Friend, Bush said there will be no strikes in the airline industry(except for those that are adventageous to the airlines or would have little impact). I can't confirm or deny that was ever stated or not, but that notion is making us believe that the NMB won't release us from talk since 2 of the 3 NMB members are Bush apointees. But I highly doubt that a Democrat would allow an airline strike either, at least in the infancy of his/her administration. So the prospects for a strike is a long way off. I believe we're no different from the labour struggles that have taken place at AA, UA, US, DL or anywhere else. Same circus, different tent. We're all pissed with the way things have gotten, bu that's the business. I think our tentative agreement will pass and we'll move on reluctantly. The good news is, we're hiring, our flights are full, and we're making money again. I would like to see the same brisk expansion seen at DL, UA and others. I also expect us to announce a merger with DL in the next year or so.
Made from jets!

Popular Searches On

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos