JRDC930
Topic Author

Aero California Status?

Thu May 24, 2007 3:36 am

I know its been discussed before, but im just curious if anyone has any information about Aero California's economic status? Are they managing to actually turn a profit now? Their website seems to be fairly modern, and they seem to have gotten back up on their feet fairly fast. Im just curious how well they are competing with the whole host of other LCC's in Mexico. Hope their doing well.

Thanks for any Info or input.
U.S. Legacy carriers,STILL leaders in lowering industry standards...

DesertAir

RE: Aero California Status?

Thu May 24, 2007 10:16 am

Thanks for bringing this topic up again. I have noticed that AS is moving back into La Paz and DL has begun flights to Loreto from LAX. AeroCalifornia seems to not have resumed international service to LAX nor Tucson.

717fan

Sat May 26, 2007 7:13 pm

The newest edition of wafnews reports that Aerocalifornia migth add MD-80's to replace some of its DC-9's....

ghost77

Sun May 27, 2007 2:58 am

Quoting JRDC930 (Thread starter):
and they seem to have gotten back up on their feet fairly fast. Im just curious how well they are competing with the whole host of other LCC's in Mexico. Hope their doing well.

As always, being a private airline, we know very few of them, but they're doing well... slowly but they sure are recovering.. they had lots of loyal customers specially in the north... JR is a very well known brand. According to what it's been heard here... they're to bring 08 MD80s plus 15 Dc9-32s... they currently have 21 DC9-32s... around 5 of this batch will be replaced with newer DC9-32s. JR wants to fly back to LAX, ASAP.
Ricardo Morales - flyAPM - ¡No es que maneje rapido, solo estoy volando lento!

LAXintl

Sun May 27, 2007 3:15 am

Quoting Ghost77 (Reply 3):
JR wants to fly back to LAX, ASAP.

If that is the case they will have to clear up lots of debts they left behind not only at LAX, but to part vendors around the US and also other carriers whom got stuck with tickets that would not clear at clearing house... short of that some one will surely get (or might already have) a court order allowing for the impound of aircraft as soon as it arrives.
From the desert to the sea, to all of Southern California

JRDC930
Topic Author

Sun May 27, 2007 4:01 am

Quoting Laxintl (Reply 4):
If that is the case they will have to clear up lots of debts they left behind not only at LAX

Yes i have heard this too, they keep saying though that they'll return to LAX soon, i hope they do, but i dont think it will be soon, im happily surprised they've been able to recover so fast.  Smile
U.S. Legacy carriers,STILL leaders in lowering industry standards...