BDKLEZ
Topic Author

EasyJet On-Line Check-in

Sat May 26, 2007 10:25 pm

Correct me if I am wrong here, but has there been a recent change of policy by easyJet concerning the assigned boarding group when checking in on line. When the policy of on-line check-in was first used by easyJet, there was much debate around the fact that boarding group D would be assigned for those passengers who wished to avail of the service. This recently changed to boarding group C as far as I am aware, however when checking in on line this morning for a flight tomorrow afternoon, I have discovered that boarding group A has actually been allocated.

I've searched the easyJet T & C's, and I cannot find any reference to this now being the case and was wondering if anyone could confirm if this is now a fact, that boarding group A will be assigned, or have I been lucky and found myself being the beneficiary of some sort of anomaly.

scratchchin 
Trespassers will be shot; survivors will be shot again!

EZYAirbus

RE: EasyJet On-Line Check-in

Sat May 26, 2007 10:30 pm

At Luton.....Online Check In is group A and Speedy Boarding are Group B, boarding cards 1-30 Group C and 31 and above are group D

so dont think its unsual to find yourself in group A

Glenn
http://www.glenneldridgeaviation.com

BDKLEZ
Topic Author

Sat May 26, 2007 10:43 pm

Thanks Glenn, just found the text that I was looking for.

The aircraft is boarded in groups, starting with passengers who have purchased Speedy Boarding (boarding group SB), followed by passengers travelling with babies and young children (boarding group SA). Boarding will then continue with group ‘A’ boarding cards, and finally group B. Group A is reserved for passengers who have checked in online, and the first 30 people who check in at the airport. Remember that if you booked Speedy Boarding you must be at the gate no later than 30 minutes before the scheduled departure of your flight or you’ll lose your place in the Speedy Boarding group. If you’re late, we won’t wait!

Since when has the policy been if effect whereby group A would be assigned to those who use on-line check-in?
Trespassers will be shot; survivors will be shot again!

jonathan-l

Sat May 26, 2007 10:56 pm

I tried to check-in online for a flight out of Paris Orly in early May and it was not possible.
Why is that?

Analog

Sun May 27, 2007 6:57 am

Quoting BDKLEZ (Reply 2):

Since when has the policy been if effect whereby group A would be assigned to those who use on-line check-in?

It's recent. When I flew in March the policy was still group C for OLCI, which made me reject it. For the outbound flight I checked in 6 min before cutoff and was still in group A or B (I forget).

I guess easyJet has learned that pax don't appreciate guaranteed late boarding.

Quoting EZYAirbus (Reply 1):
.Online Check In is group A and Speedy Boarding are Group B,

That seems unfair to people who pay extra. What if you pay for Speedy Boarding and do OLCI?