Boston92
Topic Author

Star Alliance Upgrades Using Mileage Plus Miles

Wed May 30, 2007 8:35 am

I have never been on an A340 and want to. I found out that AC flies it from YYZ to YVR, and I thought I would take that flight. I would also like to sit in a premium class on board the flight, but I only keep Mileage Plus Miles. Why don't all *A members participate in "Star Alliance Upgrades".

On the UA website, it says that more airlines will participate soon. Is there any word on when and which airlines??? Any input would be appreciated.

Thanks.
"Why does a slight tax increase cost you $200 and a substantial tax cut save you 30 cents?"

pnqiad

RE: Star Alliance Upgrades Using Mileage Plus Miles

Wed May 30, 2007 11:16 am

You certainly can use UA miles for travel on AC. You may also be able to book online (not sure abt that) for your journey on UA website - check it - else call UA's Milage Plus awards call center and have them look up availability and book you....

Boston92
Topic Author

RE: Star Alliance Upgrades Using Mileage Plus Miles

Wed May 30, 2007 12:25 pm

Quoting PNQIAD (Reply 1):
You certainly can use UA miles for travel on AC. You may also be able to book online (not sure abt that) for your journey on UA website - check it - else call UA's Milage Plus awards call center and have them look up availability and book you....

I know I can book travel on AC with MP miles, but I was looking into upgrading, and AC is not on that list of airlines in the "Star Alliance Upgrade" list, but it also says that more airlines will be joining soon, and I just wanted to know if anyone here knew which ones.
"Why does a slight tax increase cost you $200 and a substantial tax cut save you 30 cents?"