nrcnyc

Standby And BA

Thu May 31, 2007 5:59 am

Ok, my friend bought a ticket on BA through STA(Student Travel Agency) for the end of June(LHR-JFK, its a round trip but this is the return leg). He asked both of them if it was possible to move the ticket to the 9th of June (knowing this would cost some fee plus the fair difference). They both told him to call the other company. Hopefully they can work something out. If not, does BA have a standby option for someone in this case, even if this is a student ticket?

Thanks

Shamrock_747

RE: Standby And BA

Thu May 31, 2007 6:27 am

Quoting Nrcnyc (Thread starter):
If not, does BA have a standby option for someone in this case, even if this is a student ticket?

No, the ticket can only be changed in accordance with the fare rules.

trekster

Thu May 31, 2007 6:41 am

Please only call STA

Pre Departure, BA can not amend a booking by a travel agent

STA will proberbly say call BA to change it, however they cant.
Where does the time go???

flyhi

Thu May 31, 2007 6:55 am

I have recently finished working for STA in the UK and can let you know that for a student ticket with BA (which will be an e-ticket) your friend will have to make the change online. They will not do it any other way. If you visit http://www.statravel.co.uk/cps/rde/x...b_live/hs.xsl/change_my_ticket.htm (or simply go to the section headed Travel Help on their website) then he will be able to request a number of alternative dates.

Someone will get back to him very shortly to let him know which of the dates is possible. Remember though that he will only be able to change the ticket he has already to a date where the same fare class (or price bracket range, if you prefer) is available. This may mean that the date he wants to change the ticket to may not be available and so he may have to consider a day or so either side, especially when the change is for so soon. Good luck!  Smile

nrcnyc

Sat Jun 02, 2007 12:47 am

Success, Thanks for your help FLyhi. He got a ticket back on the same day. That was easier than I thought it would be.