USairways16BWI

How Is AirTran's BWI-SEA Service Doing?

Sat Jun 02, 2007 4:28 am

Airtran started this route May 24. No other airline has served this route for a while, besides WN a while ago and i think that was a one-stop at MDW. My question is how are the loads on this new flight? its about time someone linked BWI-SEA again, and i would think it could do well.

alexinwa

RE: How Is AirTran's BWI-SEA Service Doing?

Sat Jun 02, 2007 6:08 am

Not since US did it for a couple of summers years ago. I was not shocked that they didn't bring it back then, but I am a little surprised that they didn't jump on it now before FL did. Mainly for the summer cruise season.

Heard that this year almost 800,000 will sail out of SEA. Thats alot of cruiser's. My bet is many are from the east coast.

Little more surprised WN didn't test the waters.

However with UA and AS serving the both Washington airports n/s, maybe BWI is the step-child?
You mad Bro???

eva777sea

Sat Jun 02, 2007 7:54 am

Quoting AlexInWa (Reply 1):
Not since US did it for a couple of summers years ago. I was not shocked that they didn't bring it back then, but I am a little surprised that they didn't jump on it now before FL did. Mainly for the summer cruise season.

Heard that this year almost 800,000 will sail out of SEA. Thats alot of cruiser's. My bet is many are from the east coast.

Little more surprised WN didn't test the waters.

However with UA and AS serving the both Washington airports n/s, maybe BWI is the step-child?

WN still serves BWI-SEA with a stop in MDW. BWI was actually the largest unserved domestic O&D market out of SEA until now.

vulindlela744

Sat Jun 02, 2007 9:03 am

I work for Airtran as a flight attendant and worked the BWI-SEA flight on it's second day of service and we were completely full. If this is any indication then the route will do very well.