Qantasclub
Topic Author

Qantas New First Lounges: Very Cool Panoramas

Mon Jun 04, 2007 1:19 pm

Gday.

Check out the new Qantas First lounges on their website-there is a new interactive segment that allows you to really feel as if you are there.
I believe these are currently the most stylish and funky international lounges yet-gives CX's pier a run for their money.
Enjoy....here's the link. You'll need to have the sound turned on.

http://www.qantas.com.au/info/flying...elClasses/internationalFirstLounge

Qantasclub.

[Edited 2007-06-04 06:20:00]
Long Haul is the only way to go

ERJ135

RE: Qantas New First Lounges: Very Cool Panoramas

Mon Jun 04, 2007 4:01 pm

Marc Newson is a very talented young man and I can't wait to see his interior designs for the A380. And then to know he was my next door neighbor when we were kids. Here I am making small parts for landing gear doors and vents.
I remember when the DC-3 was new!

ClassicLover

Mon Jun 04, 2007 10:32 pm

The lounge looks superb. I have a major hankering to fly First on QF, experience the lounges, and the on board service - but will probably wait until the A380 comes online  Smile May as well get the full experience if I'm paying for it!
I do quite enjoy a spot of flying - more so when it's not in Economy!

VHVXB

Mon Jun 04, 2007 11:04 pm

Quoting ClassicLover (Reply 2):
May as well get the full experience if I'm paying for it!

better start saving  biggrin   Wink
SYD-LHR return in 1st is 16K compared to Oneworld RTW in 1st is 12K

ClassicLover

Mon Jun 04, 2007 11:08 pm

Quoting VHVXB (Reply 3):

Oh, I'd take the oneworld 4 continents in F any day - it's great value and you get up to 20 stops - though 18 is more realistic due to the flight limitations.

ardian

Tue Jun 05, 2007 6:40 am

What an amazing lounge! It looks really spectacular: Marc Newson did a excellent job. Definitely one of the most beautiful and stylish looking lounges (like the one from VS in LHR or CX on HKG).
Imagine what Marc Newsom will do with the A380's of Qantas  cloudnine 

sqb7e

Tue Jun 05, 2007 7:54 am

HI

Used the SYD first lounge yesterday and it is truly amazing.

I had 7 hours transit and the lounge made it so easy. A host took me to use computers, watch tv or play PS3 and after I had finished occupying myself with that he took me to the spa where I had a complimentary hour long massage then a mens facial and manicure. Staff constantly are taking your glasses and offering you a menu in which you can order from your armchair. The view would be one of the best things about the lounge aswell.

Simply amazing!

tbear815

Tue Jun 05, 2007 9:56 am

Not only do the lounges look spectacular, but the website is created beautifully as well. Way to go, QANTAS!

nzrich

Tue Jun 05, 2007 10:14 am

Yes i have to say it looks amazing ...
"Pride of the pacific"

VHVXB

Tue Jun 05, 2007 11:24 am

Quoting ClassicLover (Reply 4):
Oh, I'd take the oneworld 4 continents in F any day - it's great value and you get up to 20 stops - though 18 is more realistic due to the flight limitations.

not to mention you may obtain QF Platnium status while your at it

Qantasclub
Topic Author

Tue Jun 05, 2007 4:32 pm

Quoting VHVXB (Reply 3):
better start saving

That's the great thing about this website....even if you never fly first class, it does give you a pretty good idea of what the lounge feels like, for us mere mortal plebs. The male concierge is kinda goofy though.
It's the ultimate in exclusivity. How about those garden walls? Looks very science fiction and futuristic.
I'm going to save my points for an A380 leg ex syd.

QC

VHVXB

Tue Jun 05, 2007 4:54 pm

Quoting Sqb7e (Reply 6):

Did you manage to get some pictures??

Quoting Qantasclub (Reply 10):
I'm going to save my points for an A380 leg ex syd.

Now thats something else to look forward to and to see what QF offer in all class. Speaking of the A380 it will be in SYD tomorrow for the 3rd time. Arrival time is 7pm if i'm not mistaken.

planetime

Tue Jun 05, 2007 7:35 pm

Can you buy a day pass to that lounge in SYD?

Tue Jun 05, 2007 8:56 pm

Quoting VHVXB (Reply 9):

Do you guys know the price of this ticket?

Actually, where do you find these prices out? I've been looking for the cost of a Oneworld Asia Circle ticket as well, can anyone help?

Thanks

VHVXB

Tue Jun 05, 2007 10:54 pm

Quoting Planetime (Reply 12):

I don't think you can. Only way to gain access to QF lounges is if your a QantasClub member, OneWorld Elite or if your flying Business or First Class on the day but QF have QantasClub lounge invitation which can found ebay if your look hard enough.

Quote:
Do you guys know the price of this ticket?

Actually, where do you find these prices out? I've been looking for the cost of a Oneworld Asia Circle ticket as well, can anyone help?

All this information is freely available on the OneWorld Site  Smile

QANTASforever

Tue Jun 05, 2007 11:35 pm

Quoting Qantasclub (Reply 10):
The male concierge is kinda goofy though.

I think he's fine. His accent and appearance simply reflect his indigenous heritage, if that is to what you were specifically referring.

QFF
Fighting for the glory of the Australian Republic.

tbear815

Wed Jun 06, 2007 3:19 am

From reading the text of the website and listening to the gentleman as the "Concierge," I do believe that that service is contracted out to Sofitel Hotels (a French worldwide hotel chain). Most likely the food services and spa services are contracted out as well. This seems to be the norm in most auxiliary services today.

airnewzealand

Wed Jun 06, 2007 1:32 pm

Quoting Tbear815 (Reply 16):
From reading the text of the website and listening to the gentleman as the "Concierge," I do believe that that service is contracted out to Sofitel Hotels (a French worldwide hotel chain). Most likely the food services and spa services are contracted out as well. This seems to be the norm in most auxiliary services today

You are ABSOLUTELY correct! EVERYTHING except Qantas Hosts/Hostess...are from the Sofitel!

Cheers

planetime

Wed Jun 06, 2007 3:44 pm

Quoting VHVXB (Reply 14):
QF have QantasClub lounge invitation which can found ebay if your look hard enough.

Thanks!

CXfirst

Wed Jun 06, 2007 10:22 pm

I love the Sydney design, but can't say the same for Melbourne. The lounge is still sweet, but I was actually expecting more, as the Sydney lounge looks much better IMHO.

Quoting ERJ135 (Reply 1):
And then to know he was my next door neighbor when we were kids.

really?

Quoting Sqb7e (Reply 6):
play PS3

Once again......really?

-CXfirst

Qantasclub
Topic Author

Wed Jun 06, 2007 10:44 pm

Quoting CXfirst (Reply 19):
I love the Sydney design, but can't say the same for Melbourne. The lounge is still sweet, but I was actually expecting more, as the Sydney lounge looks much better IMHO.

The sydney lounge is certainly bigger and has much more of a 'wow' factor with sweeping panoramas across the runway and city skyline. You can see it perched above over the new A380 gates.
Melbourne has essentially the same design lements, but structurally it looks like a much smaller lounge. There are no where near as many QF international flights ex mel compared with ex syd, so the differences are probably proportional.

They are both certainly riff-raff-free zones...

ClassicLover

Thu Jun 07, 2007 5:50 am

Quoting VHVXB (Reply 9):

Sure beats my Gold!!

First price in AONE is $13,000, only $4,000 over the DONE Business price. Did a DONE and have kept my Gold since.

alaskaqantas

Thu Jun 07, 2007 1:10 pm

Quoting VHVXB (Reply 9):

I have always been impressed with the price for First class RTW trips on OneWorld, Although I have never completed one myself, but plan to in the future.

Quoting Planetime (Reply 12):

I would hope not. They would want to keep the lounge open to First Class customers as well as their highest status members, or highest OneWorld members. it would lose merit if any old bugger could buy a pass into it.

Im impressed, maybe I'll have to go through SYD and try to go F next time I do my AKL-LAX trip!
~Cheers-
~~Kyle H.
to some people the sky is the limit, to aviation enthusiasts, its home!

ikramerica

Thu Jun 07, 2007 1:28 pm

I really missed out flying QF in december. The temporary lounge downstairs was nice and all, but not exactly open menus and spas and gardens and views.

I'll have to fly QF F again once the A380 comes online. Luckily you can use your CO miles to get QF F tickets for not a lot of miles, and you can transfer Amex Rewards points to CO's program.

Of course on DL Skymiles program you can book SQ F flights, and you can transfer miles to that program from Amex too. Oh, the choices...
Of all the things to worry about... the Wookie has no pants.