GentFromAlaska
Topic Author

LAX Terminal Information

Thu Jun 07, 2007 3:26 am

I'd be much obliged if someone would advise the approx hoof time from LAX terminal 3 to terminal T4 and or the best way to transit between the two terminals. My last LAX adventure dates back some seven years.
My wife is arriving on a AS flight, and connecting to an AA flight with one hour and fifteen minutes connection time.
Or would ground transportation be a more viable option. If at all possible I'm trying to avoid having her exit and re-enter security due to a the short connection time.

Thanks In Advance
The Gent From Alaska
Man can be taken from Alaska. Alaska can never be taken from the man.

LAXdude1023

RE: LAX Terminal Information

Thu Jun 07, 2007 3:31 am

Quoting GentFromAlaska (Thread starter):
My wife is arriving on a AS flight, and connecting to an AA flight with one hour and fifteen minutes connection time.
Or would ground transportation be a more viable option. If at all possible I'm trying to avoid having her exit and re-enter security due to a the short connection time.

There is a bus that goes from terminal to terminal. It shouldnt take more than a couple of minutes. Walking isnt bad either if she doesnt have much baggage (maybe 5 minutes).
It is what it is...

COERJ145

Thu Jun 07, 2007 3:50 am

She could take the bus to the AmEagle satilite terminal then take the bus from there to T4(inside security). I think she can have her bags checked through, so she won't have to claim them in LAX.

B-787

Thu Jun 07, 2007 4:03 am

The "C" Airline Connection bus on the ground level outside is the fastest way to get to T3 from T4.
722,732,73G,738,739,739ER,752,753,762,763,764,744,772,788,D10,M80,300,332,320

ikramerica

Thu Jun 07, 2007 4:08 am

T3 to T4 is not a hard walk at all. 1:15 is plenty of time, except clearing security again in T4 can take a while. The American Eagle bus might make more sense, just confirm that it's allowable.
Of all the things to worry about... the Wookie has no pants.

GentFromAlaska
Topic Author

Thu Jun 07, 2007 4:11 am

Quoting COERJ145 (Reply 2):
She could take the bus to the AmEagle satilite terminal then take the bus from there to T4(inside security). I think she can have her bags checked through, so she won't have to claim them in LAX.

Looking at a terminal map from the AA website, there appears to be a transit bus at terminal 3, gate 34 which runs to gate 44 at terminal 4, on the outside perimeter. Something tells me that would involve exiting security.

There also appears to be transit buses which run between the parking lots of terminal 3 and 4 ,which may connect

Would you know if she can walk between the terminals, not having to exit security?
Man can be taken from Alaska. Alaska can never be taken from the man.

RyDawg82

Thu Jun 07, 2007 4:30 am

Have her take this shuttle:

https://www.aa.com/content/aboutUs/whereWeFly/terminals/terminal_LAX.jhtml

It is located inside security and will drive out around the ramps on a service road. Ensure that the Alaska agent checks the bags thru to her final destination. No need to go outside of security.

-R

COERJ145

Thu Jun 07, 2007 4:42 am

Quoting RyDawg82 (Reply 6):

It is located inside security and will drive out around the ramps on a service road. Ensure that the Alaska agent checks the bags thru to her final destination. No need to go outside of security.

checkmark 

COERJ145

Thu Jun 07, 2007 4:44 am

Quoting GentFromAlaska (Reply 5):

Would you know if she can walk between the terminals, not having to exit security?

It would be more of a hassle IMHO, and depending upon sercurity lines, the shuttle would be faster, despite having to change busses at the AmEagle terminal.

AirlineBrat

Thu Jun 07, 2007 10:47 am

Switching terminals airside is really easy. I took the shuttle between T-3 to T-4 last January when I connected from a QX flight to an AA flight and viceversa. The shuttle bus to the AA terminal stops at a door near T3's Gate 33A.

This is a two gate area that extends out airside from the the Alaska/Horizon Air half of the T3 oval. QX uses those gates. There is a roped off seating area and signage where the shuttle door is located saying something like 'American Eagle shuttle'. There are two really cool ladies that will be standing near the door and will let your wife know when the shuttle gets there. I think they were from Jamaica and had me laughing. She will need to show her AA plane ticket to one of the agents at the door before she gets on the shuttle. After she gets on the bus it will make a stop at Terminal 2 then go around the Tom Bradley International Terminal while on its way to the remote American Eagle terminal. The Eagle terminal is west of TBIT's south wing. When she gets to the Eagle terminal, have her get off and tell the agent greeting the shuttle that she is going to the main AA Terminal 4. They will let her know what bus to get on. When she gets to T4, take the escalator up a level and look for a monitor to see what gate she is going out of.

The shuttle is a spotters paradise. It dodges lots of taxiing aircraft and gives a great airside tour of all the international widebodies parked at the TBIT.

Here is a map
http://www.alaskaair.com/airport/AirportGuides.aspx?code=LAX

[Edited 2007-06-07 03:54:26]
I'm leavin on a jet plane. Don't know when I'll be back again....