legacyins

Virgins Plans For SFO

Fri Jun 08, 2007 1:25 am

According to this article, SFO might be in Virgin Atlantic's plans for flights from the European Continent. It would be interesting if Virgin Atlantic, Virgin America and possibly Virgin Blue take over the old international Terminal and tear it down to rebuild with A380 capability.

http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/articl.../07/BUGE1QA8GL34.DTL&type=business

copaair737

RE: Virgins Plans For SFO

Fri Jun 08, 2007 1:52 am

Interesting.
I'd like to see a SFO-FCO flight, or some other SFO-Euro flights, and even Virgin Blue to the South Pacific.

Would be great to have.
Livin' on Reds, Vitamin C, and Cocaine

ikramerica

Fri Jun 08, 2007 2:12 am

Quoting Legacyins (Thread starter):
It would be interesting if Virgin Atlantic, Virgin America and possibly Virgin Blue take over the old international Terminal and tear it down to rebuild with A380 capability.

As I said before, the Virgin group better watch out, because if they do this sort of thing too much, Virgin America will have it's certificate pulled. Their claim was that they are an autonomous entity, not an arm of the Virgin foreign company, with their own control and command, but if they fall in lock step with Virgin International without negotiations, bidding and such, that lie is exposed.

It's gonna be interesting, but airlines like CO are not going to sit still while Virgin America goes back on it's promises...
Of all the things to worry about... the Wookie has no pants.

as739x

Fri Jun 08, 2007 2:15 am

Quoting Ikramerica (Reply 2):

But if you read the article, this will only happen if the USA changes its policy on foreign ownership. So actually if that were to happen, which I pray doesn't, then they could move forward to this. To me it seems a pipe dream.

ASSFO
"Some pilots avoid storm cells and some play connect the dots!"