Pe@rson
Topic Author

Getting To Cuernavaca Airport?

Sun Jun 10, 2007 6:03 am

What's the best way to get to CVJ from Mexico City (NOT the airport)? Is there a bus from downtown Cuernavaca to the airport?

I might fly CVJ-MTY - for a very low £11/USD$22 including everything.

Cheers.
"Everyone writing for the Telegraph knows that the way to grab eyeballs is with Ryanair and/or sex."

Mikey711MN

RE: Getting To Cuernavaca Airport?

Sun Jun 10, 2007 8:16 am

Quoting Pe@rson (Thread starter):
Is there a bus from downtown Cuernavaca to the airport?

Yes, as offered by Pulman de Morelos bus service from Terminal de la Selva, which is just north of the center of the city. Check out the schedule here.

I took the airport-to-Cuernavaca route, which took perhaps 1 1/2 hours, and it takes the toll road so to speed up the trip a bit (and it's certainly a scenic ride too).

Have fun in Cuernavaca...it's a beautiful place!
-Mike
I plan on living forever. So far, so good...

Pe@rson
Topic Author

Tue Jun 12, 2007 10:30 pm

Hi,

Thanks.

I meant: is there a bus from downtown Cuernavaca to Cuernavaca Airport? Or, in fact, from downtown Mexico City to Cuernavaca Airport? The link you gave is for buses from Mexico City Airport to Cuernavaca and vice-versa.

I can presently get Vivaaerobus CJV-MTY for £9.51/US$18.66 one-way including tax. I want to fly that route and then fly MTY-CJS (presently £10.95/US$21.46). Alternatively, I might just pay an extra £13 and fly TLC-MTY.

[Edited 2007-06-12 15:50:26]
"Everyone writing for the Telegraph knows that the way to grab eyeballs is with Ryanair and/or sex."

Mikey711MN

Wed Jun 13, 2007 4:45 am

Nuts...sorry for the misread.

Quoting Pe@rson (Reply 2):
is there a bus from downtown Cuernavaca to Cuernavaca Airport?

I don't know that for sure, but if not, you can get a taxi on the cheap.

Quoting Pe@rson (Reply 2):
Or, in fact, from downtown Mexico City to Cuernavaca Airport?

There are no downtown bus stations per se...the main bus stations are oriented in each of the cardinal directions on the outer parts of town. To that end, this same company (Pullman de Morelos) offers service between Cuernavaca's central station and Mexico City's southern station. I can't remember what I paid for that trip, but I can confirm that it does exist.

The caveat to that is that this southern station does not have direct access to the Metro, so you'd have to find your way there by cab.

-Mike

P.S. Regarding cabs in Mexico City, read up on the subject before your trip as to safety precautions you must take, e.g. do everything you can to negotiate the fare before hopping in, do not hail a cab off the street (particularly at night), etc. Just an added FYI for you there.
I plan on living forever. So far, so good...