duke

Flyglobespan Not Flying In The Summer?

Thu Jun 14, 2007 6:01 am

I wanted to buy tickets with Flyglobespan Prague-Glasgow-Prague for July, but nothing is showing up on their website past 18 June; they are however selling already for November. Will they not be flying over the summer? If so, any suggestions for getting to Scotland and back by air cheap in July?

GLAGAZ

RE: Flyglobespan Not Flying In The Summer?

Thu Jun 14, 2007 6:04 am

Correct. The service is for some reason being stopped over the Summer months.

Jet2 fly EDI-PRG.

Or you could come to GLA via LON, BHX, MAN, DUB or AMS.

Gaz
Neutrality means that u don't really care cos the struggle goes on even when ur not there, blind and unaware

gkirk

Thu Jun 14, 2007 6:14 am

easyJet fly PRG-NCL from where you can get a GNER train service to Edinburgh, Glasgow, Aberdeen or Inverness
When you hear the noise of the Tartan Army Boys, we'll be coming down the road!

LH121GLA

Thu Jun 14, 2007 7:02 am

Quoting Duke (Thread starter):
I wanted to buy tickets with Flyglobespan Prague-Glasgow-Prague for July, but nothing is showing up on their website past 18 June; they are however selling already for November. Will they not be flying over the summer? If so, any suggestions for getting to Scotland and back by air cheap in July?

Strange that a few years ago Glasgow had 3 x daily service to Prague, now there is none!

GCDEG

Fri Jun 15, 2007 10:24 am

Quoting GLAGAZ (Reply 1):
The service is for some reason being stopped over the Summer months.

Correct - the reason being there is no aircraft available to continue the service with and the route it replaces is most likely a higher yielding one.

It will however as said be returning to the schedules from November.

The best option as said would be Jet2 PRG-EDI-PRG and either get the train or bus to GLA. - www.jet2.com

Nick
The best thing invented - Winglets!

duke

Fri Jun 15, 2007 10:01 pm

Jet2...okay, I'll check that out, thanks a lot

Humberside

Sat Jun 16, 2007 5:39 am

Doesn't show much commitment by GSM to the Prague market by only serving it for part of the year when they have nothing better to do with the aircraft (EDI-PRG is an even better example of that)

I think Easyjet would do well starting the route and showing some real commitment. Prague is a year round destination
Visit the Air Humberside Website and Forum

LH121GLA

Sat Jun 16, 2007 10:30 pm

Quoting Humberside (Reply 6):
I think Easyjet would do well starting the route and showing some real commitment. Prague is a year round destination

Sadly, EZY seem to be concentrating their Scottish expansion at EDI ...

Damian

Fri Jun 22, 2007 4:32 am

Quoting LH121GLA (Reply 7):
Sadly, EZY seem to be concentrating their Scottish expansion at EDI ...

And why is that a cause for sadness from a good Scot such as yourself, LH121GLA? Serious EZY expansion from Scotland's been a long time coming, and if EZY reckons EDI has potential then it's good news all round for the Scottish air traveller.

N

Fri Jun 22, 2007 4:47 pm

Quoting LH121GLA (Reply 7):
Sadly, EZY seem to be concentrating their Scottish expansion at EDI

I don't understand why a Scottish person on an aviation enthusiasts website would consider expansion of air services from Scotland as 'sad'. That sentiment just doesn't make sense unless it's the old 'Glasgow chip on the shoulder' thing whenever Edinburgh is concerned.

More choice of routes is long overdue from Scotland and as a proud Scot is something I am very pleased about. Some of that expansion might not always be from the airport most convenient to me but EDI and GLA are only just over an hour away from each other. You'll find that in London people don't think twice about travelling for over an hour from central London out to STN. The same goes with lots of other large cities round the world.