centrair

NH Withdraws Freight Ops From NGO

Fri Jun 15, 2007 11:57 am

ANA pulls out International Cargo from Chubu International Airport (Japanese)
(rough idea)
From October NH will be moving much of the operations to Kansai International. Reason? If I understand it, KIX's 2nd runway will result in "true 24 hour operations" which is very beneficial for cargo/freight.

Some at Chubu are now raising a fit about being denied the right to start a 2nd runway. (Ministry of Transport said they could when they have reached a capacity issue.)

If I read it right, it seems there is some kind of stability issues as well.

---------------------------------------
I am shocked and reeling. ANA helped build Chubu now ...now they want to move their freight ops to the locust infested, problematic KIX. ARG!!!
My name is Centrair but HND is closer. Let's Japanese Aviation!

Stitch

RE: NH Withdraws Freight Ops From NGO

Fri Jun 15, 2007 12:05 pm

Yeah that strikes me as surprising. I thought NGO was preferred for cargo ops...

centrair

Fri Jun 15, 2007 12:10 pm

Quoting Stitch (Reply 1):
I thought NGO was preferred for cargo ops...

This was a huge selling point for the airport to attract cargo and passenger business. NGO took some away from NRT as for some businesses in places like Nagano or Toyota can get their products out faster through NGO than NRT. But NGO is close to KIX and it is still a battle.

NGO doesn't have TRUE 24 hour ops. The runway has to be shut down for a little bit of time for clearing and inspection.

We still do have good oversized and one thing KIX can't take... the LCF! Yeah Baby!

Carpethead

Fri Jun 15, 2007 12:27 pm

I saw this on last night's news too. Although it has not been finalized on the NH pull-out but probably will happen in some way or the other.
I suppose NH thought there was little more demand.

By the way, NGO's cargo ops are still in no comparison to KIX nor NRT.
It's KIX, which is growing leaps and bound, in regards to both cargo and Chinese pax flights because of the slot situation at NRT.

centrair

Fri Jun 15, 2007 12:35 pm

Quoting Carpethead (Reply 3):
It's KIX, which is growing leaps and bound, in regards to both cargo and Chinese pax flights because of the slot situation at NRT.

With this 2nd runway, maybe KIX will pull in even more business and then they can pay off their debt. Maybe they can further lower their landing fees.

The Chinese market is what is going to help NGO and KIX grow both cargo and pax.

airtebiong

Fri Jun 15, 2007 4:54 pm

So, they will move all of two destinations: BKK and HKG.

Quoting Centrair (Reply 4):
The Chinese market is what is going to help NGO and KIX grow both cargo and pax.

Totally agreed. ANA, on its part, is trying to cencentrate more on this market. I wonder how the BBJ NGO-CAN route is doing? (I'll have a look later at the loads and post it here)..

On a side note: Maybe it's time for a NGO A.nutter meet in sept?? coz that's when i'll be around! hehehehe
i believe that beauty is skin deep, and my skin is very deep!!

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos