cybergus

LAN Axing CCS-BOG?

Sun Jun 17, 2007 10:47 am

Today i tried to book on Lan's webpage a ticket to BOG and it appears that there are no flights. I tried different dates and the message was the same. Then i went to a generic booking page and the same situation it only displayed me AV flights but there were no LP flights to BOG. After that i get worried and i went to Amadeus webpage and guess what! no flights to BOG on LAN. So they are pulling out the route? Why?

Tavo
LAN Excellence in Flight

Avianca

RE: LAN Axing CCS-BOG?

Sun Jun 17, 2007 12:54 pm

Tavo... going to BOG you should always booke AV, they are just great  Smile

for what dates did you checked ??? are the flights doing really so bad that they will skip them... well the route in only arround 2 month old.
Colombia es el Mundo Y el Mundo es Colombia

cybergus

Sun Jun 17, 2007 1:20 pm

Quoting Avianca (Reply 1):
are the flights doing really so bad that they will skip them... well the route in only arround 2 month old.

Yes!! that is why i found it really weird...how could an airline axe a route with only 2 or 3 months old???!!. Now AV will have a monopoly on the route!.

Quoting Avianca (Reply 1):
for what dates did you checked ???

July 22nd to july 24th
LAN Excellence in Flight

RCS763AV

Tue Jun 19, 2007 12:03 pm

Well, i guess that´s pretty weird. You should call LAN, IMO, you shouldn´t axe a route just after Aeropostal dropped their 2 daily flights which competed with you...

cybergus

Tue Jun 19, 2007 1:22 pm

Quoting RCS763AV (Reply 3):
Well, i guess that´s pretty weird. You should call LAN, IMO, you shouldn´t axe a route just after Aeropostal dropped their 2 daily flights which competed with you...

Yes i will call LAN, but don't you think is weird that Amadeus system doesn't show that flight?. Yes i think that if the rumor is true they are making a HUGE mistake, cuz now VH is pulling out the route they have one competition less...and now AV is going to take advantage of that!.
LAN Excellence in Flight