EI321
Topic Author

Airbus Says A350 Defined, Predicts Good Airshow

Mon Jun 18, 2007 9:49 am

Airbus hits back.

Quote:
PARIS (Reuters) - European planemaker Airbus, irked by accusations from rival Boeing that the design of its A350 jet remains in limbo, has hit back by saying its performance is guaranteed and predicting a boost at next week's Paris Air Show.

http://in.today.reuters.com/news/new...NOOTR_RTRMDNC_0_India-303435-1.xml

Read between the lines. Airbus and Boeing know what they will be announcing this week. If Airbus says it 'predicts' a boost at the show, then that can be seen as a precursor to what will follow over the coming days.

NYC777

RE: Airbus Says A350 Defined, Predicts Good Airshow

Mon Jun 18, 2007 9:55 am

If it was defined adn everything is all set then why the criticism from SUH adn why no signed final contract from SQ and other in the one year since it was unveiled? The QR re-LoI notwithstanding there are still questions from customers about this plane which Airbus still has not answered.
That which does not kill me makes me stronger.

PM

Mon Jun 18, 2007 10:00 am

Quoting NYC777 (Reply 1):
The QR re-LoI notwithstanding there are still questions from customers about this plane which Airbus still has not answered.

If you say so.  Yeah sure

Finnair, Aer Lingus and Qatar Airways appear to be happy with the answers they have received and by this time next week that list will be considerably longer.

Of course, if you want to believe that the A350 is still an undefined paper plane which no-one in their right mind would want to buy then that's your prerogative. The orders you'll witness this week may suggest otherwise.

EI321
Topic Author

Mon Jun 18, 2007 11:35 am

I think we need to separate the terms defiined and frozen.

halls120

Mon Jun 18, 2007 11:59 am

Quoting EI321 (Thread starter):
Airbus hits back.

Quote:PARIS (Reuters) - European planemaker Airbus, irked by accusations from rival Boeing that the design of its A350 jet remains in limbo, has hit back by saying its performance is guaranteed and predicting a boost at next week's Paris Air Show.

You know, I understand the childish A v. B rants on Anet, but for the life of me, I can't understand why either manufacturer makes such a big deal about announcing orders at this air show or that air show. Other than aviation hobbyists, who really cares when the announcements are made?
"Suppose you were an idiot. And suppose you were a member of Congress. But I repeat myself." Mark Twain, a Biography

Stitch

RE: Airbus Says A350 Defined, Predicts Good Airsho

Mon Jun 18, 2007 12:00 pm

Quoting EI321 (Reply 3):
I think we need to separate the terms defiined and frozen.

Bingo. Airbus has now guaranteed certain performance parameters for the A350, but the engineers still need time to ensure they are met, hence the current "final design freeze" planned for October of 2008.

And based on the Bloomberg report you noted in the other thread ( http://www.bloomberg.com/apps/news?p...601087&sid=auDdiI5WInME&refer=home ), it does indeed look like Airbus will have a good airshow.