LXA340
Topic Author

Why No TV's In Lufthansa's European Airbus Aircraft

Tue Jun 19, 2007 4:44 pm

All major airlines such as AF, BA, IB, LX or AZ just to mention a few have drop down TV's in their european Airbus fleet (A219, A320, A321) which are used for safety demonstrations, Air show or other programs. How come LH as the only major airline (one of the wealthiest in the industry) did not chose this option? Will this change with the additional order of those jets which they are epxected to receive in the next 2 years?

TriStar500

Tue Jun 19, 2007 5:24 pm

Quoting LXA340 (Thread starter):
All major airlines such as AF, BA, IB, LX or AZ just to mention a few have drop down TV's in their european Airbus fleet (A219, A320, A321) which are used for safety demonstrations, Air show or other programs.

I have flown all of those carriers except for BA in recent years and none of them used drop down TV's on short European flights.

How come LH as the only major airline (one of the wealthiest in the industry) did not chose this option?

Because it does not make sense on short flights.

Will this change with the additional order of those jets which they are epxected to receive in the next 2 years?

Most likely not.
Homer: Facts are meaningless. You could use facts to prove anything that's even remotely true!

helvknight

Tue Jun 19, 2007 5:41 pm

Quoting TriStar500 (Reply 1):
I have flown all of those carriers except for BA in recent years and none of them used drop down TV's on short European flights.

LX certainly have drop down TVs in their Airbii, not in the Avros though. LX also use it for Airshow, magazine and selling duty frees.

BD also use the drop down screens for the safety demo but then stow them, AY use them but set them to nose and belly cameras during takeoff, approach and landing.
I refuse to join any club that would have me as a member - Groucho Marx

LXA340
Topic Author

Tue Jun 19, 2007 5:42 pm

Only their Airbus Aircraft have it I know that the oldest A320's of BA, AF and IB aircraft don't have it they are from the late 80's but those at least from BA were retired recently. Nevertheless all those airlines have those drop down TV's on their Airbus aircraft. They are used for safety demos, promotion / news programs of the airline's products, air show, and some even have nose belly cameras etc as mentioned here as well.

[Edited 2007-06-19 10:45:13]

HECA

Tue Jun 19, 2007 6:22 pm

Quoting LXA340 (Reply 3):
They are used for safety demos, promotion / news programs of the airline's products, air show, and some even have nose belly cameras etc as mentioned here as well.

On my recent flights with LX A320s, I noticed that the nose belly cameras are only shown on the previous Swiss Sun aircraft. The mainline A320s of LX do not show the cameras on the drop-down screens. Howcome?
KL, LH, LX, BA, AF, TK, UX, TP, AZ, HV, SK, IB, WX, UA, AA, US, DL, AC, LA, KQ, MS, 4D, ZA, RJ, QR, EK, CX, HX, JL, SQ, MH, FY, MU, CA, TG, UL, FD, K6

ankaraflyjet

Tue Jun 19, 2007 6:24 pm

Turkish Airlines (TK) also have drop down screens on B737, A319 , A320 and A321 and they use them on short haul flights too.

DALCE

Tue Jun 19, 2007 6:32 pm

How come LH as the only major airline (one of the wealthiest in the industry) did not chose this option?

Why do you think they are so wealthy, no drop downs, no PTV's Big grin
flown: F50,F70,CR1,CR2,CR9,E75,143,AR8,AR1,733,735,736,73G,738,753,744,77W,788,319,320,321,333,AB6.

LXA340
Topic Author

Tue Jun 19, 2007 6:32 pm

Quoting HECA (Reply 4):
The mainline A320s of LX do not show the cameras on the drop-down screens. Howcome?

The mainline A320's from LX are all from SR and were from the years 1995-1999 non of the planes have nose belly cameras, don't even know if they were available at that time already. The ex Swiss sun aircraft were bought between 2003-2004 and they were equiped with the nosebelly cameras. The aircraft are fully integrated to the mainline fleet now however also used still on longer charter routes as those planes are equiped with head phone plugs for movies etc.

It is really strange that LH didn't get the TV's, it's not like they can't afford it maybe they just thought it's a waste of money just like with PTV's for Y class on it's long haul aircraft as it requires extra weight etc. However also here this will change, I think next year they will start to equip Y with it.

kappel

Tue Jun 19, 2007 6:36 pm

I have seen them on TP and IB, but only the safety demo has audio, so it's really no use at all, except for the airshow. I remember TP did show some entertainment on the screens, but since audio was not working I would rather watch the airshow.
L1011,733,734,73G,738,743,744,752,763,772,77W,DC855,DC863,DC930,DC950,MD11,MD88,306,319,320,321,343,346,ARJ85,CR7,E195

LXA340
Topic Author

Tue Jun 19, 2007 6:47 pm

Quoting Kappel (Reply 8):
I have seen them on TP and IB, but only the safety demo has audio, so it's really no use at all, except for the airshow. I remember TP did show some entertainment on the screens, but since audio was not working I would rather watch the airshow.

For the short flights there is no point to distribute head phones etc, hence some airlines odn't even have equiped the seats with those features. But it is a efficent tool for the safety demo and programs and to show product updates etc from the airline with pictures and text. Of course it is nice for passengers to see the air shiow  Wink

kappel

Tue Jun 19, 2007 6:57 pm

Quoting LXA340 (Reply 9):
For the short flights there is no point to distribute head phones etc, hence some airlines odn't even have equiped the seats with those features.

You could offer audio in the seats and offer pax to either buy headphones or use their own. I remember that used to be the case with HV (though with audio only and it was a while ago that I flew them last).
L1011,733,734,73G,738,743,744,752,763,772,77W,DC855,DC863,DC930,DC950,MD11,MD88,306,319,320,321,343,346,ARJ85,CR7,E195

LXA340
Topic Author

Tue Jun 19, 2007 7:04 pm

Quoting Kappel (Reply 10):
You could offer audio in the seats and offer pax to either buy headphones or use their own. I remember that used to be the case with HV (though with audio only and it was a while ago that I flew them last).

AC offers on all it's Airbus A32S and Embraer flights headphones they are even complimentary. That would be also an option but on a flight of aprox an hour air show is usually the best as passengers want to follow the flight and get inforation on remainder etc. + airlines want to update passengers on their newest inovations.

HECA

Tue Jun 19, 2007 9:34 pm

Quoting LXA340 (Reply 7):

Thanks! It's a pity that the former SR A319/A320/A321s do not have the cameras. It's really nice to view push back, taxi, take off and landing during the flight. LX also has cameras on the A340, you can imagine how take off looks then!
KL, LH, LX, BA, AF, TK, UX, TP, AZ, HV, SK, IB, WX, UA, AA, US, DL, AC, LA, KQ, MS, 4D, ZA, RJ, QR, EK, CX, HX, JL, SQ, MH, FY, MU, CA, TG, UL, FD, K6

AIR MALTA

Tue Jun 19, 2007 9:53 pm

Other ailinres have them like KM, TU, SA or OS.
You don't need audio for a 1 hour flight or so.

I remember when i used to fly Swissair, the inflight safety demonstration had audio but then they used to play those funny canadian jokes programms and they were funny and without audio. That's enough and entertaining. I have also flown SA's 738 between JNB and CPT and they showed these programms and everyone was laughing.

BA, does not have any programms, only Airshow. They should add something more entertaining although I love the airshow.
Next flights : BRU-ZRH-CAI (LX)/ BRU-FCO-TLV (AZ)

LXA340
Topic Author

Wed Jun 20, 2007 6:16 am

Quoting HECA (Reply 12):
LX also has cameras on the A340, you can imagine how take off looks then!

For some reason on my recent flights with the A343 they never had the cameras on for take off and landing on the main screen, which is anoying. Looks like every purser has a different way to operate the IFE system.

goldorak

Wed Jun 20, 2007 6:28 am

AF has TV only in a few A320 equipped with the "AMO" configuration (Afrique - Moyen orient = Africa - Middle east), i.e. for routes to Morocco, TLV, AMM, DAM. That's all
For the rest, the flights are only 1 to 3 hrs and no need for TV, especially if it's only for flight safety demonstration which can be done manually.

MaverickM11

Wed Jun 20, 2007 6:40 am

it's a waste of money just like with PTV's for Y class on it's long haul aircraft as it requires extra weight etc

There's definitely no revenue upside
E pur si muove -Galileo

Viscount724

Wed Jun 20, 2007 6:51 am

All major airlines such as AF, BA, IB, LX or AZ just to mention a few have drop down TV's in their european Airbus fleet (A219, A320, A321) which are used for safety demonstrations, Air show or other programs.

Not sure what LX flights you were on but I have flown on numerous LX A319/320/321s in several BA flights using the same types and they always use the drop down screens (except one or two flights where the system was unserviceable) for safety briefings, Airshow map display, and on LX usually a promotional video covering the latest LX schedule/product changes etc.

I can do without them. I'm sure LH saves a lot of money in maintenance expenses by not offering them, and they add some weight. I doubt it has any signficant effect on a passenger's decision what carrier to book on a 1 or 2 hour flight where the are is by far the most important factor for most passengers.

helvknight

Wed Jun 20, 2007 7:26 am

Quoting LXA340 (Reply 14):
For some reason on my recent flights with the A343 they never had the cameras on for take off and landing on the main screen, which is anoying. Looks like every purser has a different way to operate the IFE system.

I think they do it systemwide, I haven't seen the cameras on landing for a while either on the 343 or the 321s that have them. I assumed that they'd had the camera on during a go around due to a runway incursion and some folks got scared.
I refuse to join any club that would have me as a member - Groucho Marx

StarGoldLHR

Wed Jun 20, 2007 7:43 pm

Air travel is not the preserve of the rich any more.

You dont travel in a luxury aircraft anymore.. its a flying taxi.

The days when a passenger spent hundreds of pounds /francs / guilders / marks on a ticket to Europe are long gone.
Air travel is no longer a luxury.

we dont expect a meal a movie and a free glass of wine any more.

therefore airlines are responding to cheaper compeition.

Save the weight, the fuel, the price and hence the profits...chuck the tv.
So far in 2008 45 flights and Gold already. JFK, IAD, LGA, SIN, HKG, NRT, AKL, PPT, LAX still to book ! Home Airport LCY

bwest

Wed Jun 20, 2007 7:47 pm

Quoting StarGoldLHR (Reply 19):
The days when a passenger spent hundreds of pounds /francs / guilders / marks on a ticket to Europe are long gone

Thanks to the Euro?  Wink

I must admit, PTV's on short haul flights seem a bit useless to me, people can read a book (or comic  Smile ), and usually the flight is too short anyway to watch a movie...
I love my Airport Job! :)

LXA340
Topic Author

RE: Why No TV's In Lufthansa's European Airbus Aircraft

Thu Jun 21, 2007 6:57 am

Quoting Bwest (Reply 20):
I must admit, PTV's on short haul flights seem a bit useless to me, people can read a book (or comic Smile ), and usually the flight is too short anyway to watch a movie...

It's not about the movie etc, it's more professional when it comes to safety demos, information for passengers with connecting flights (usually only shown when arriving at homebase airports) and of course the air show which enables the passenger to follow the flight. The point is not if it is necessary or not, it's just interesting that almost every major airline has those TV's besides LH. Hence it will be interesting if it will be the same with their new order as basically almost every new airbus A32S aircraft now delivered is equiped with the TV's except Easy Jet of course and some other exceptions.

MD11Engineer

Thu Jun 21, 2007 7:14 am

The systems are expensive and are a pain the neck for maintenance.

Jan
Je Suis Charlie et je suis Ahmet aussi

sandrozrh

RE: Why No TV's In Lufthansa's European Airbus Air

Thu Jun 21, 2007 8:02 am

I have flown on BA, OS, AF, AY, LX and LH Buses on short european flights ove the last couple of months, and indeed LH (and AF) were the only carriers not to use the drop down screens during the flight.

On a sidenote. On my flight on KL to AMS a few weeks ago, they didn't even do a safety demo which I found rather odd.

HECA

Thu Jun 21, 2007 5:16 pm

Quoting Helvknight (Reply 18):
Quoting LXA340 (Reply 14):

I think they do it systemwide, I haven't seen the cameras on landing for a while either on the 343 or the 321s that have them. I assumed that they'd had the camera on during a go around due to a runway incursion and some folks got scared.

That's a pity! I'm flying LX next week and was really looking forward to enjoy take-off and landing via the cameras on the A343. We'll see what the pursur will do. On my last flight ZRH-AMS the cameras were switched on during take-off and landing, and that flight was with the A320.

LXA340
Topic Author

Thu Jun 21, 2007 9:26 pm

Quoting HECA (Reply 24):
That's a pity! I'm flying LX next week and was really looking forward to enjoy take-off and landing via the cameras on the A343.

It's usually very random the way they do it, so maybe you'll be lucky  Wink

HECA

Thu Jun 21, 2007 10:12 pm

Quoting LXA340 (Reply 25):

I'll let you know when I'm back  Wink

LXA340
Topic Author

Sat Jun 23, 2007 9:04 pm

Quoting HECA (Reply 26):

I'll let you know when I'm back Wink

hehe ok, good luck that they will turn them on!

Beaucaire

Sat Jun 23, 2007 9:22 pm

People have gotten into their heads that they can't exist without tv/computer/MP3/videao/game-brainwash for more than 12 hours.It seems irresistible to even watch TV on mobile-phones ...
Have we all become completely stupid or don't we realize that this permanent media-junk is determining more and more our lives and jobs ??? Who has an interest to have us permanently watching LCD-screens ???
It would be a great service-improvement if airlines would offer alternatively to TV screens a selection of paperback novels to be read and taken along after the flight.To me a good selection of news-papers and magazines is vital !
I know that I only represent a fraction of passengers who don't care about screens,since I hate to watch films on a plane.
But to judge the quality of an airline because they don't offer an individual screen in front of each seat is somewhat subjective,since my main criteria for the selection of an airline are space in Y-class (that's where most of the passengers spend their time..),quality of catering,price-performance ratio ,on-board service concept and ,furthermost,quality of aircraft-maintenance ,ground-service and crew-training.
Please respect animals - don't eat them...

albird87

Sat Jun 23, 2007 9:29 pm

Quoting AIR MALTA (Reply 13):
BA, does not have any programms, only Airshow. They should add something more entertaining although I love the airshow

I like how BA just show the airshow as for flights under 2 hours thats all you need!! (ok up to 3 hours maybe) but the airshow just great i think.

Quoting MaverickM11 (Reply 16):
it's a waste of money just like with PTV's for Y class on it's long haul aircraft as it requires extra weight etc

Well i beleive that if i was travelling for over 8 hours anywhere and with all the major airlines now having PTV's (and now most are AVOD with tons of choice) id rather go on any other airline to enjoy my flight more!! Its all about making time go faster so if you can watch a film on your own screen and your own film at anytime wouldnt you rather have that than having to look through peoples heads and looking at a screen far away. Poor show LH!

LXA340
Topic Author

Sat Jun 23, 2007 9:50 pm

Quoting Albird87 (Reply 29):
Well i beleive that if i was travelling for over 8 hours anywhere and with all the major airlines now having PTV's (and now most are AVOD with tons of choice) id rather go on any other airline to enjoy my flight more!! Its all about making time go faster so if you can watch a film on your own screen and your own film at anytime wouldnt you rather have that than having to look through peoples heads and looking at a screen far away. Poor show LH!

Most definetly, and especially on day flights this will also keep you a bit distracted from the fact that the amount of space you have in Y for instance, hwich in some iarlines really isn't a lot. From watching out of th window the entire flight time would really pass by very slowly.

I like how BA just show the airshow as for flights under 2 hours thats all you need!! (ok up to 3 hours maybe) but the airshow just great i think.

Fully agree with you.

Quoting Beaucaire (Reply 28):
But to judge the quality of an airline because they don't offer an individual screen in front of each seat is somewhat subjective,since my main criteria for the selection of an airline are space in Y-class (that's where most of the passengers spend their time..),quality of catering,price-performance ratio ,on-board service concept and ,furthermost,quality of aircraft-maintenance ,ground-service and crew-training

Trust me on a 12 hour day flight stuck in a narrow seat, no proper IFE this really is hell, time goes by so slowly.

Beaucaire

Sat Jun 23, 2007 10:08 pm

Quoting LXA340 (Reply 30):
Trust me on a 12 hour day flight stuck in a narrow seat, no proper IFE this really is hell, time goes by so slowly.

How have people "survived" in the 30's or '50's flights from Europe to Australia or the United States without TV or computer-games??? To my knowledge, nobody died because of film or screen-absence for 24 hours ..
I don't mind watching films -even on a plane- but it's completely secondary or irrelevant as to the quality of service provided by a carrier.
The quality of catering is much more interesting,since once you analyse the type ,origins and qaulity of food you swallow on certain airlines...( average budget for Y-class meals 3-4 $..)
Please respect animals - don't eat them...

LXA340
Topic Author

Sat Jun 23, 2007 10:17 pm

Quoting Beaucaire (Reply 31):
ow have people "survived" in the 30's or '50's flights from Europe to Australia or the United States without TV or computer-games???

Don't forget, passengers did have much more space in economy at those times. But now when you sit in a cramped seat time does not go by very quickly when you don't have your own screen and AVOD I am sure many feel the same way.

PlaneHunter

Sat Jun 23, 2007 10:28 pm

People have gotten into their heads that they can't exist without tv/computer/MP3/videao/game-brainwash for more than 12 hours.

I can very well go without that stuff for more than 12 hours, but it's a different story if I have to spend 12 hours in a cramped seat in the middle of strangers.

Have we all become completely stupid or don't we realize that this permanent media-junk is determining more and more our lives and jobs ??? Who has an interest to have us permanently watching LCD-screens ???

The "media-junk" on daily TV is quite different from an advanced AVOD IFE system like ICE which offers a wide range of quality entertainment for everyone. Generalising about media consumption and even relating it to the demand for IFE on aircraft is totally exaggerated.

How have people "survived" in the 30's or '50's flights from Europe to Australia or the United States without TV or computer-games??? To my knowledge, nobody died because of film or screen-absence for 24 hours ..

People also survived without cars, mobile phones, Internet PCs or refrigerators many years ago. Would I want to go without my car, mobile phone, Internet PC or refrigerator today? No. It's called progress, no big deal.

I don't mind watching films -even on a plane- but it's completely secondary or irrelevant as to the quality of service provided by a carrier.

That's your view, please accept that many people think differently.

The quality of catering is much more interesting,since once you analyse the type ,origins and qaulity of food you swallow on certain airlines...( average budget for Y-class meals 3-4 $..)

I prefer having both good catering and IFE.

PH
Nothing's worse than flying the same reg twice!

Lan1981

Sat Jun 23, 2007 10:58 pm

Quoting AIR MALTA (Reply 13):
BA, does not have any programms, only Airshow

Not true. On BA Airbus flights to DME, LCA, ATH & IST, BBC News is shown, along with that month's inbound/outbound movie in addition to short sitcoms such as The Simpsons....

example....

MyAviation.net photo:
Click here for bigger photo!
Photo © Alex Patrick

On shorter flights, only Airshow is shown.

EDICHC

Sat Jun 23, 2007 11:09 pm

Quoting MaverickM11 (Reply 16):

Spot on there Albird! My one and only long haul experience with LH was FRA-CAN-MNL. 15 hours of looking at a big empty space in the seat back in front of me that kept saying..."if you had spent just a few pounds more you woule be watching a decent movie here"
A300/319/320/346 ATR72 B722/732/3/4/5/6/8/742/4/752/762/3/772/3 BAC111 BAe146 C172 DHC1/6/8 HS121 MD80 PA28

LXA340
Topic Author

Sat Jun 23, 2007 11:45 pm

Quoting EDICHC (Reply 35):
Spot on there Albird! My one and only long haul experience with LH was FRA-CAN-MNL. 15 hours of looking at a big empty space in the seat back in front of me that kept saying..."if you had spent just a few pounds more you woule be watching a decent movie here"

This really must be horror, well believe it or not LH seems to be starting to instal PTV's in Y in the next few months, really what took them so long. Just like also with the drop down TV's in the Airbus fleet for Europe they want to be different. If I am not wrong they take the A320 to Ekaterinburg which is a 5 hour flight.

TUNisia

Sun Jun 24, 2007 12:08 am

The more imporant question should be why doesn't LH have PTVs for trans-atlantic flights.. just those voids in the seats where they should be :
Someday the sun will shine down on me in some faraway place - Mahalia Jackson

jwenting

Sun Jun 24, 2007 12:45 am

Quoting MD11Engineer (Reply 22):
The systems are expensive and are a pain the neck for maintenance.

and expensive to run.
Volume -> less room for cargo/luggage/fuel
Weight -> more fuel burn per passenger/mile, less weight available for cargo and luggage

And indeed, if kids can't even keep themselves occupied without a flickering screen for an hour or two they should be locked up instead of boarding aircraft.
I wish I were flying

PlaneHunter

Sun Jun 24, 2007 1:53 am

Quoting Tunisia (Reply 37):
The more imporant question should be why doesn't LH have PTVs for trans-atlantic flights.. just those voids in the seats where they should be :

LH plans to start filling these voids in fall.

PH
Nothing's worse than flying the same reg twice!

albird87

Sun Jun 24, 2007 3:26 am

Well remember that in the 30's and 50's people who travelled across the atlantic were doin it in style and it was only for the rich and famous!! (would be cool to go back in time and go on a Connie from JFK to LHR) it was not till the jet age that more people could afford to travel and so people put more seats in there aircraft to get higher revenue.
So basically thanks to Boeing we now have cramped comdition is aircraft!! hehe thanks boeing!!  Big grin

HECA

Sun Jun 24, 2007 4:11 am

People have gotten into their heads that they can't exist without tv/computer/MP3/videao/game-brainwash for more than 12 hours.It seems irresistible to even watch TV on mobile-phones ...

Today's society has completely changed compared to the 30's and 50's. Flying has become available to a large part of the public, whereas in the old days flying was only a way of traveling for the rich and famous. Plus our needs have changed. More and more people have the need to have their favourite music with them and listen to it any time any place any where, including inflight. Same goes for movies and much more. Airlines cater to these needs by offering e.g. AVOD. LH and SK even offered internet on their aircraft before Boeing ended this service.

Viscount724

Sun Jun 24, 2007 6:57 am

Quoting HECA (Reply 41):
More and more people have the need to have their favourite music with them and listen to it any time any place any where, including inflight. Same goes for movies and much more. Airlines cater to these needs by offering e.g. AVOD. LH and SK even offered internet on their aircraft before Boeing ended this service.

But it's not necessary on shorthaul flights. And every 2nd person I see these days seems to have earphones connected to an iPod or other MP3 music player, and they can listen to their own choice of music, not what an airline that has to cater to dozens of different cultures from all over the world thinks they want to hear.

Even on longhaul flights I rarely find any programming worth listening to, and the movies and other video programming is usually even worse. And many movies are heavily edited for inflight use.

HECA

Sun Jun 24, 2007 10:27 pm

Quoting Viscount724 (Reply 42):
But it's not necessary on short haul flights. And every 2nd person I see these days seems to have earphones connected to an iPod or other MP3 music player, and they can listen to their own choice of music, not what an airline that has to cater to dozens of different cultures from all over the world thinks they want to hear.

Even on longhaul flights I rarely find any programming worth listening to, and the movies and other video programming is usually even worse. And many movies are heavily edited for inflight use.

I merely meant that things have changed compared to fifty years ago and airlines are trying to cater to these needs. I didn't say that airlines do a great job at it. Some pax find the inflight entertainment offered in the form of AVOD fantastic while others, such as you self indicated, dislike it. But having AVOD onboard these days doesn't compel one to use it, every passengers should feel free to use it or enjoy their reading material.

LXA340
Topic Author

Mon Jun 25, 2007 2:28 am

Quoting HECA (Reply 43):
But having AVOD onboard these days doesn't compel one to use it, every passengers should feel free to use it or enjoy their reading material.

In the long run especially in Y it's probably cheaper to offer passengers the AVOD system than providing a large selection of Magazines. eg, LX barely offers any magazines in Y anymore although I must say the selection in C isn't that great either.

HECA

Mon Jun 25, 2007 4:07 am

Quoting LXA340 (Reply 44):
In the long run especially in Y it's probably cheaper to offer passengers the AVOD system than providing a large selection of Magazines. eg, LX barely offers any magazines in Y anymore although I must say the selection in C isn't that great either.

From an airlines point of view, inflight entertainment/AVOD is indeed much cheaper. Lucky the magazine and book stores at the airports provide plenty reading material for even the longest flights!

LXA340
Topic Author

Mon Jun 25, 2007 7:48 am

Quoting HECA (Reply 45):

From an airlines point of view, inflight entertainment/AVOD is indeed much cheaper. Lucky the magazine and book stores at the airports provide plenty reading material for even the longest flights!

not only that it keeps the whole cabin more busy, meaning less noise and less walking around and disturbing flight attendants while working.

CanadianNorth

Mon Jun 25, 2007 2:15 pm

At the airline I work for we don't have PTVs. We don't have drop down tvs. We don't have screens at the front. We don't have headphones. Our inflight entertainment is a selection of newspapers and magazines, the view out the windows, and the people around you. My work involves picking up the comment cards people leave, and I've yet to read one that didn't sound like it was written by a 100% satisfied customer. Our longest scheduled flights are a little over two hours. For flights < 2 hours, you really don't need TVs, headphones, etc. Just more weight to haul and more parts to break.

CanadianNorth
What could possibly go wrong?

LXA340
Topic Author

RE: Why No TV's In Lufthansa's European Airbus Air

Mon Jun 25, 2007 5:37 pm

Quoting CanadianNorth (Reply 47):

I gues you are working for Can Jet? You don't need to comment on it if you don't want  Wink In case you do they simmilar than Easy Jet or Ryanair in europe when choosing those airlines it's only about price and I don't expect a lot to go with it regarding service. However premium airlines such as LH not having up to now PTV's in Y or even that they didn't get any A32S aircraft with drop down TV's in their financially strong situation makes me wonder as for those airlines of which prices are often not too cheap you would expect some extra small little touches.