Topic Author

BA Colors

Tue Aug 08, 2000 1:12 pm

I absolutely adore the new British Airways color scheme with the red and blue Union Jack flag curving across the tail. Very very elegant.
It certainly is much better than those awful designer tails they will replace.

Two questions: First, I have noticed that the actual fuselage of the aircrafts painted with the new Union Flag livery tend to vary in color. Is this intentional? i noticed a 777 at JFK that had more creamy white bodies, and another 777 and 747 that had a more grey-based white scheme similar to the early nineties scheme.

The other question I have is that is the painting of the exterior of the aircraft coincide with the new changes they are implementing inside, such as the 180 degree bed for Club Class, and the movie screen for each seat. For example, if I fly a "union jack" painted plane, can I be assured I will have a PTV ?

RE: BA Colors

Tue Aug 08, 2000 4:53 pm

I just got off of BA177 yesterday and it was on G-BNLT, a World Tail (Koguty Lowickie) and everyone had PTV's, and there were all 180 beds I'm pretty sure in 1st Class, and large, plush seats in Club World.

Think before you type!

Tue Aug 08, 2000 5:21 pm

Please use Flag and not Jack....or give it the correct name 'Chatham Historic Dockyard'

Click for large version
Click here for full size photo!

Photo © Gary Watt

Gary Watt
Aberdeen, Scotland

Wed Aug 09, 2000 12:47 am

I like the world color scheme better. I think it's very cool, showing all the places in the world they fly. The new flag scheme is....BORING. The world tail scheme was much more interesting and colorful, while keeping the "speedbird" logo. The flag only looked good on one aircraft, the Concorde (and we know IT's days are numbered..OH NOOOOOO MR. BILLL!!!). If they were going to stick with just one of the world tails, I would have liked to have seen it be "Chelsea Rose". Oh well, they are still my "favourite" airline.