ikramerica

'The Loop' Answer To Turnaround Times

Mon Jun 25, 2007 11:33 am

Show is barely aviation oriented, but they had a funny beginning tonight regarding how to speed up turnarounds. Don't clean the bathrooms and discourage the elderly from flying.

They figured that if they banned all carry-ons, sprayed cinnamon in the bathrooms and banned the old people, they could get turnaround times down to 18 minutes.

Sounds like a plan!
Of all the things to worry about... the Wookie has no pants.

ikramerica

RE: 'The Loop' Answer To Turnaround Times

Mon Jun 25, 2007 11:39 am

Great line from the intro when the CEO's of Delta, Northwest, United and the "airline" are price fixing at lunch. JetBlue CEO comes over in his blue shirt and tie and cheery attitude and they tell him to "keep walking!"  Smile

DfwRevolution

Mon Jun 25, 2007 12:13 pm

It's an interesting show that I had never heard of until tonight. It got a few laughs out of me. Don't know if I'll bother tuning-in again because Fox tends to cancel everything good/bad or in-between unless it is named The Simpsons.

"We're pitching this new security hardware to all the important airlines. And Southwest."

ikramerica

Mon Jun 25, 2007 12:29 pm

It's totally hit or miss. been discussed before here on a.net, but it was cancelled and now brought back. in bringing it back they "retooled" it which means cutting characters (friends, girlfriend), and altering the behavior of characters (CEO way more wacky, brother annoying as hell).

But when they do make aviation jokes, they are funny. Oh, and the plot to shoot "thesis" in the face was classic. Funny on many levels.

siromega

Mon Jun 25, 2007 12:41 pm

Yea, I thought it was really funny before they retooled it. Now its just odd. Though the "... and southwest" joke was funny.

Wasn't that kid from The Wonder Years the main character on the show previously? Before they retooled it.

Edit: And on Fox cancelling stuff, I'm just happy futurama is coming back.

And the "you'd be wrong Delta/Song" line made me chuckle a little.

[Edited 2007-06-25 05:56:08]

AirframeAS

Mon Jun 25, 2007 1:36 pm

Quoting Ikramerica (Thread starter):
Show is barely aviation oriented

I have nothing nice to say about the show, so I'll just say that this is the reason why I never made it past the very first episode: It wasn't interesting to me.
A Safe Flight Begins With Quality Maintenance On The Ground.

ikramerica

Mon Jun 25, 2007 1:48 pm

They are totally dumping this show because they had 3 episodes tonight, all new.

The third one, which is on now here in CA is funny as hell. It's a "product placement" episode and every executive at an airline even thinking of product placement should be FORCED to watch this episode.

It would make them think twice about putting advertisement on everything.

Quoting SirOmega (Reply 4):
Wasn't that kid from The Wonder Years the main character on the show previously? Before they retooled it.

Edit: And on Fox cancelling stuff, I'm just happy futurama is coming back.

No, it was not Fred Savage. He was on a show called "Working"

And AFAIK, Futurama is not coming back. They are, however, making multiple direct to video movies at once. Then they will be edited and added to to make 22 minute episodes out of for Comedy Central (not cartoon network, which is weird).

L.1011

Tue Jun 26, 2007 5:41 am

Quoting Ikramerica (Reply 6):
They are totally dumping this show because they had 3 episodes tonight, all new.

The Loop is canceled. FOX had originally planned to order 13 episodes for season 2, they cut it to 10, and then announced the show was canceled and that they'd burn off the rest of the episodes. The ratings have been underwhelming, and the burnoff is finishing with the last three episodes on Sunday, July 1.

Quoting Ikramerica (Reply 6):
And AFAIK, Futurama is not coming back. They are, however, making multiple direct to video movies at once. Then they will be edited and added to to make 22 minute episodes out of for Comedy Central (not cartoon network, which is weird).

That was a fan rumor. Comedy Central has picked up Futurama for 13 new episodes in addition to the movies, and it will air the 72 episodes made for FOX, including a couple that were never aired, in repeats, taking over from Cartoon Network's Adult Swim in December 2007.

n710ps

Tue Jun 26, 2007 2:14 pm

I got a great kick out of it. I am curious if the person who was writeing it has in's in the industry. It would not suprise me if they used Airliners for some of the material actually. It was funny to me.
There is plenty of room for Gods animals, right next to the mashed potatoes!

WJ

Wed Jun 27, 2007 12:48 am

Quoting L.1011 (Reply 7):
The Loop is canceled. FOX had originally planned to order 13 episodes for season 2, they cut it to 10, and then announced the show was canceled and that they'd burn off the rest of the episodes. The ratings have been underwhelming, and the burnoff is finishing with the last three episodes on Sunday, July 1.

Thank god for that. Worst aviation-somehow-but-not-really-related show in the history of television.
146,727,732,733,734,735,73G,738,739,742,743,744,752,753,762,763,764,772,300,310,319,320,321,330,343,DC9,D10,MD11,M80,E17

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos