Air_Chick_757
Topic Author

Thoughts From An "almost" Outsider

Wed Aug 09, 2000 2:41 am

After 5 months studying for university entrance exams (an SAT equivalent) and being accepted (I am taking Communications- Advertising emphasis) I am back to the forum. I don´t know when I posted here last time, but all I know is that I missed you guys, really!
I´ve been so busy with school and I left everything else, including Internet.
How is the forum going? Are there other girls besides me and Camille? Any fights?  
I was browsing the main page and there are almost 100,000 pictures! I´m amazed  Congratulations to the administrator!
I also noticed a lot of new users and I tell to each one of you to keep on coming here because it´s very cool. I´ve been here since a year and so, and I think this forum is great. I will try to connect more and post more, because I *still* have a lot of dumb questions  

Glad to be back again!
:****** Julie
Porto Alegre (VARIG´s home), Brazil

RE: Thoughts From An "almost" Outsider

Wed Aug 09, 2000 3:01 am

Hey, welcome back!

I'm relatively new to the forum... and I guess I'm not very enthusiastic. But this forum has been great; I certainly have learnt a lot.

Enjoy!

Wed Aug 09, 2000 3:03 am

Welcome back! Yes, I am a "plane chick" too, and it seems we like the same aircraft - 757!! I read this page every day, and learn a lot. I have been studying aviation only for 6 years, and still feel that I have a lot of dumb questions, but I guess that is how we learn. There are so many knowledgeable people on this forum. (and yes, the disagreements are still quite interesting!)

Have a great day!

Federico

Nice To Have You Back!

Wed Aug 09, 2000 3:23 am

Hi Air_Chick_757!

Nice to see you back. I joined the this forum 369 days but haven't made many or if any posts lately. Why? Many reason but mainly because I've been very busy with work/projects and haevy duty traveling. Like I said nice to see a member I recognize  

How's Porto Alegre?

Federico
Argentino In Seattle

Carioca Canuck

Wed Aug 09, 2000 3:51 am

Oiiiiiiii !!!!

Welcome back.

mikeymike

Wed Aug 09, 2000 4:01 am

Hiya Air_Chick,

Great to meet ya...I bug my old roommate to get online (she's from Argentina) but she's busy with other stuff...We both work in Commercial aviation, I for Delta and her for Boeing.....

Catch ya around!
Mike

lima

Wed Aug 09, 2000 6:26 am

Welcome back Julie. Great to have you back in the forum and reinforce the South American presence on it.

Lima

redngold

Wed Aug 09, 2000 7:20 am

Y'know us flygrrls should have our own forum... hee hee...

I like this forum, too... Hey, what got all the rest of you interested in aviation? I'm a former aviaphobe - started spotting to get over my fear.
Up, up and away!

VirginLover

Wed Aug 09, 2000 8:18 am

::::waving::: Plane chick over here!   We should have our own forum... so we don't have to overlook posts such about Britney Spears (ugh)  

What got me started in aviation? I really don't know. I've always enjoyed planes and flying, but after my last ride on Virgin Atlantic, a few weeks later I couldn't stop thinking about aviation. So I found these boards, and didn't have to stop thinking about aviation!  

blink182

Wed Aug 09, 2000 12:11 pm

lol britney spears-more plastic than skin! anyway i think it was just in my genes that got me interested in aviation, and usually my friends think i am talking some language that they have never heard of when i say"boeing 757" etc so I came to the forums and found i was not the only person who liked aviation (sigh) and that i am just one of many who know the difference between a 767 and a 737, anyway welcome back to the forums and enjoy.
listen to blink182
Give me a break, I created this username when I was a kid...

trintocan

Wed Aug 09, 2000 2:50 pm

Hey Air_Chick_757, welcome aboard! Good to meet you. I have been here for about 109 days and posted about twice as many times.

As for my interest in aviation, I have had that since childhood and the passion has not died, even though I drifted elsewhere in terms of career. I discovered airliners.net on a link from aviation-safety.net and originally browsed pictures, then participated in polls before discovering the forums, which now capture most of my attention.

So you like 757s! Those are pretty cool...

Trintocan.
Hop to it, fly for life!

agrodemm

Wed Aug 09, 2000 3:57 pm

Well Done on your exams, and best luck on your university. I guess everybody here, old or new, outsider or insider, expert or freak   is equally welcome to this forum.

Best Regards

agrodemm