rampkontroler

Calling All G-I Experts...all Two Of You?

Tue Jun 26, 2007 2:54 pm

Hi Guys,

I was sent this photo today, and although I know it's a Gulfstream I, I cannot find its registration in any database that I have access to. Can anyone provide the serial number and any other details on this aircraft? It was taken in Cleveland in the early 70's, and any registration search comes up with the wrong aircraft. I assume the registration is N20S (two-zero sierra) but I tried two-oscar-sierra as well to no avail. Any help much appreciated! Thanks!

Big version: Width: 700 Height: 443 File size: 204kb

ShyFlyer

RE: Calling All G-I Experts...all Two Of You?

Tue Jun 26, 2007 3:25 pm

Quoting Rampkontroler (Thread starter):
Can anyone provide the serial number and any other details on this aircraft?

According to the rare-props.xls spreadsheet from Airlinerlist.com, the serial number was 37. Former registrations included N130G, N130B, N716RD, and N716R. Delivered in June 1976, the aircraft was written of in August 1978 (as N91G) in Houston. The aircraft was owned by Continental Oil Corp.

Quoting Rampkontroler (Thread starter):
I assume the registration is N20S (two-zero sierra) but I tried two-oscar-sierra as well to no avail.

The letters I and O are not allowed in FAA registrations. So, the registration is indeed November-Two-Zero-Sierra.
I lift things up and put them down.

rampkontroler

RE: Calling All G-I Experts...all Two Of You?

Tue Jun 26, 2007 10:29 pm

Excellent, thank you so much! I knew somebody here would provide the answer. So it was only around for two years, eh? That's a rare prop indeed.  Smile