delta764

Delta In Seoul

Tue Jun 26, 2007 11:37 pm

Anyone have any news on how the Seoul service is working for Delta, and also, an update on the loads for the new Bucharest and Dubai flights

HeeseokKoo

RE: Delta In Seoul

Tue Jun 26, 2007 11:46 pm

Well, I'm sure DL works well on ATL-ICN route. The lowest 2 or 3 classes are full throughout this summer even though airfare (from Seoul) is extremely high!! Almost as high as Korean air. Wonder how DL will do on low season.

Analog

Wed Jun 27, 2007 1:17 am

Quoting HeeseokKoo (Reply 1):
The lowest 2 or 3 classes a

You mean fare classes (or has Delta introduced F or Y+).

Quoting HeeseokKoo (Reply 1):
airfare (from Seoul) is extremely high!! Almost as high as Korean air.

Dunno about ATL, but from many places in the US buying tickets to ICN is not much cheaper in advance ($1500 - 1800 r/t in many places); you might as well wait until the day of departure. Well, almost.

jetlife2

Wed Jun 27, 2007 1:18 am

I found airfare in C between ATL and ICN to be extremely good value, so much so that I used that route to go CVG-ATL-ICN-HKG at less than half price compared to other options. KAL C class was very good, I give it 8.5/10. Have not flown DL on same route.
My views are not necessarily the views of the GE Company

panamair

Wed Jun 27, 2007 1:39 am

Quoting Delta764 (Thread starter):
Anyone have any news on how the Seoul service is working for Delta

Initial westbound (ATL-ICN) loads have been very good (80-100% LFs); initial eastbound loads (ICN-ATL) weaker, though picking up now.

Quoting Delta764 (Thread starter):
an update on the loads for the new Bucharest and Dubai flights

DXB pax. loads have been so-so (it is low season now and summer is hot, hot, hot, and humid...).

OTP has decent loads in the back (Y); front cabin, as expected initially, is weaker.

PSA had some off days here and there in the beginning but is now pretty much 90-100% all the time..

Acey559

Wed Jun 27, 2007 2:10 am

I was just looking at ICN on TravelNet the other day. It seems that the planes are full or oversold every day. It seems DL is making good money on the route (or so it would seem). We had a Buddy Pass fly out of MLI the other day who was the last to get one, and he was lucky for sure. From what I can tell, though, the route seems to be doing very well, although like I said I don't know how much revenue they're making.

GlobalATL

Wed Jun 27, 2007 2:18 am

FYI.....UA flight from IAD-KWI is taking oversales almost daily...if not daily
TriStar BusinessElite FedEx AirTran Delta Air Lines oneworld SkyTeam JetBlue/jetBlue MAXjet SkyMiles Eos = good spelling

ORDagent

Wed Jun 27, 2007 4:19 am

The yields on C for DL / KE can't be as high for ICN as for other east Asian hubs. Connecting via SEL on KE or DL/KE can save several thousand dollars on a a C class ticket via NRT or on nonstop routings. I'm sure that DL/KE aren't giving seats away and KE at least has a decent product and with ICN being such a great connecting hub combined with the DL feed in ATL they incremental revenue for both SkyTeam members must be good.

Evan767

Wed Jun 27, 2007 4:26 am

Quoting GlobalATL (Reply 6):
FYI.....UA flight from IAD-KWI is taking oversales almost daily...if not daily

Maybe a future route for DL? JFK-KWI? I mean DL has after all stated they want to expand in the middle east. Where else is there to expand that's safe besides DXB? AUH? BEY? KWI?
The proper term is "on final" not "on finals" bud...

ConcordeBoy

Wed Jun 27, 2007 5:40 am

Quoting Evan767 (Reply 8):
Where else is there to expand that's safe besides DXB? AUH? BEY? KWI?

...Amman, Riyadh, Jeddah, Karachi, Lahore, Islamabad, etc. Not that several of those would offer the yield that DL's seeking, but still.
Faire du ciel le plus bel endroit de la terre c'est impossible sans Concorde!

EddieDude

Wed Jun 27, 2007 7:26 am

Could DL go back to CAI?
Next flights: MEX-LAX AM 738, LAX-PVG DL 77L, SHA-PEK CA 789, PEK-PVG CA A332, PVG-ORD MU 77W, ORD-MEX AM 738

OOer

Wed Jun 27, 2007 8:53 am

Lots of rumors going around here in ATL in regards to DL flying into Cairo and/or Casablanca! Maybe after the new 75s come on board.

Evan767

Wed Jun 27, 2007 11:09 am

Quoting ConcordeBoy (Reply 9):
...Amman, Riyadh, Jeddah, Karachi, Lahore, Islamabad, etc.

Why would Delta ever waste an aircraft on any of those hostile-towards-the-U.S. countries? With the exception of Amman, I cannot see any of those happenening.

misbeehavin

Wed Jun 27, 2007 11:53 am

Quoting Evan767 (Reply 12):
Why would Delta ever waste an aircraft on any of those hostile-towards-the-U.S. countries? With the exception of Amman, I cannot see any of those happenening.

What does a country's being hostile towards us have to do with an arcraft being "wasted"? DL's a company that exists to make money and if money can be made while ensuring the safety of passengers, crew, and assets, then by all means fly there.

Evan767

Wed Jun 27, 2007 12:04 pm

Quoting Misbeehavin (Reply 13):
What does a country's being hostile towards us have to do with an arcraft being "wasted"? DL's a company that exists to make money and if money can be made while ensuring the safety of passengers, crew, and assets, then by all means fly there.

Ok then, I know one thing's for sure and that's me nor anyone I know is going to feel entirely safe going to Saudi Arabia. Yes I would like to go, but I certainly would not feel safe.

misbeehavin

Wed Jun 27, 2007 12:16 pm

Quoting Evan767 (Reply 14):
Ok then, I know one thing's for sure and that's me nor anyone I know is going to feel entirely safe going to Saudi Arabia. Yes I would like to go, but I certainly would not feel safe.

That's cool. I got no great urge to go there myself. But lots of folks do feel safe there and would want to go. And I'm sure there's plenty people who don't feel safe but still want to go because they can make the $$$s.

deltairlines

Wed Jun 27, 2007 1:30 pm

Plenty of oil money in Saudi Arabia from my understanding - I had a neighbour a few years back that would travel from Boston to Saudi Arabia twice a month for oil-related work. I tend to think a US carrier might do well in this segment, but I'm not real familiar with the oil industry to be sure if there is demand from this sector. But if there is, I could see oil companies all over it (and those companies would more than likely be paying Business Class fares).

Alitalia744

Wed Jun 27, 2007 2:19 pm

Net - the destinations are probably already decided on. A/C avails is the bigger issue and I can imagine it's being worked through.

Clarity comes with time.
Some see lines, others see between the lines.

LAXdude1023

Wed Jun 27, 2007 3:10 pm

Those arent tourist destinations for sure, but take LOS for example. Would you feel safe going there? Its just as if not more dangerous than some of the other cities mentioned and DL is starting service there.
It is what it is...

Flyer732

Wed Jun 27, 2007 5:31 pm

I'd feel safer in Saudi Arabia than Nigeria, and Delta is going there.

Don't forget BAH and DOH as well....I'd expect DOH to come before BAH, RUH, JED, AUH.

atlantaflyboy

Wed Jun 27, 2007 9:16 pm

Having spent some time in the region I can tell you that just as much or as little (depending on your way of looking at the world) anti-American sentiment lies in countries like Kuwait, Bahrain, Dubai, Qatar, Jordan and Saudi Arabia as does in places like Germany, France, Ireland or the UK. Anywhe you go you must be sensitive to the local culture and use caution. This is true whether it be Dublin or Doha. I have felt far safer in Jeddah than I ever have in Kingston Jamaica .....

GlobalATL

Wed Jun 27, 2007 11:12 pm

Quoting Evan767 (Reply 12):
Why would Delta ever waste an aircraft on any of those hostile-towards-the-U.S. countries?

While I am in total agreement with you, DL is seeking more money like everybody else is. But I agree with you, nonetheless.
TriStar BusinessElite FedEx AirTran Delta Air Lines oneworld SkyTeam JetBlue/jetBlue MAXjet SkyMiles Eos = good spelling

ORDagent

Wed Jun 27, 2007 11:30 pm

You need a visa to get into the Saudi Arabia and tourist visas are almost non existent and were only introduced a few years ago with the exception of Haj visas which extremely limit your ability to move about the kingdom. I do send business travelers from time to time and they say they never felt unsafe as violent crime is low in general and if you are sensitive to Saudi sensibilities you are treated well. I did have female CEO that was treated with complete deference but she was forced to put on a chaddor (s.p.?) essentially as she got off of the aircraft which she despised but the business rewards were well worth it to her.

Arecibo

Wed Jun 27, 2007 11:47 pm

Well.........the hope is that Delta dares to match the cabin service on Asiana and Korean Air; both superb. As for their american counterparts in Seoul ( NWA, United ) not to worry....their dirty restrooms and arrogance are notorious on this route.
Big version: Width: 1280 Height: 960 File size: 558kb
Departing Seoul's ICN via Asiana in route to Narita.
Life is tough; It's touher if you're stupid. John Wayne.

donder10

Wed Jun 27, 2007 11:59 pm

...Amman, Riyadh, Jeddah, Karachi, Lahore, Islamabad, etc. Not that several of those would offer the yield that DL's seeking, but still.

Pakistan is not in the middle East.

LawnDart

Thu Jun 28, 2007 6:09 am

Quoting Alitalia744 (Reply 17):
Clarity comes with time.

Oh, jeez...not this crap again.

I swear, everytime you post something like this I have flashbacks to the old blind Chinese character on the Kung Fu television series telling David Carradine's younger character "You have much to learn, grasshopper...clarity comes in time....

You're like a fortune teller..."I sense someone in your life, the name starts with "M", feels love for you...". Well, duh...Mark, Mary, Mike, MOM...it's a safe assertion.

Clarity comes in time...isn't that like "hindsight is 20/20"? Yeah, clarity comes in time...after Delta places a big fat order for 787s and additional 777s, and then announces all the new services from ATL/JFK and LAX to Europe, Asia, Africa, Latin America and the Middle East...sure, it's clear then, and you come across as some sort of clairvoyant.

Pish...if you know something, then spill. But stop spouting these ambiguous "Clarity comes in time" know-nothing statements...

Please accept my apologies for this rant...it's truly not a personal attack...I'm just in a bitchy mood.

Okay, let's kiss and make up... kiss 

Evan767

Thu Jun 28, 2007 6:17 am

Quoting Flyer732 (Reply 19):
I'd feel safer in Saudi Arabia than Nigeria, and Delta is going there.
Don't forget BAH and DOH as well....I'd expect DOH to come before BAH, RUH, JED, AUH.

Yes, but your Belgian, not American!

Oh, I totally forgot about Bahrain and Qatar. Now I see where Delta is getting at! KWI, BAH, DOH, maybe AUH. That's plenty of Middle East.

Quoting LawnDart (Reply 25):
Pish...if you know something, then spill. But stop spouting these ambiguous "Clarity comes in time" know-nothing statements...

rotfl  I have sometimes felt the same way about Alitalia744. No offense to him at all though.

Alitalia744

Thu Jun 28, 2007 6:56 am

Point taken. I'll refrain from posting.

[Edited 2007-06-27 23:56:52]

delta764

Tue Jul 03, 2007 11:16 am

It would be nice to DL in kuwait. It could be a profitable route from JFK. DL does not have the equipment to operate another Long Haul TATL out of ATL - but could use a 763 on the route from JFK.

FLYGUY767

Tue Jul 03, 2007 12:43 pm

...Amman, Riyadh, Jeddah, Karachi, Lahore, Islamabad, etc. Not that several of those would offer the yield that DL's seeking, but still

Something tells me that Delta will not be using its own metal anytime soon to routes such in Jordan, Saudi Arabia, or Pakistan. These destinations are to high of a security risk to both passengers and crew. Yields in any of the above markets are not as robust as can be found in other Middle Eastern markets such as AUH, BAH, DOH, or KWI.

You are however likely to see Delta Air Lines adding an additional Middle Eastern gateway as a tag-on, or as a separate flight from the existing ATL-DXB service. And yes I do feel the flight if flown stand alone would be originating at JFK.

-JD
Summer Trip 2007: DEN HAAG>DUBAI>LONDON>VERONA>COSTA SMERALDA>CAPRI

Evan767

Tue Jul 03, 2007 1:09 pm

Quoting FLYGUY767 (Reply 29):
You are however likely to see Delta Air Lines adding an additional Middle Eastern gateway as a tag-on, or as a separate flight from the existing ATL-DXB service.

Says who? From the looks of it, ATL-DXB seems to be doing just fine by itself. A tag on to KWI would not be the answer, and be too much cargo for the 777 to hold! Both destinations deserve two seperate routes. An underserved market like BAH, maybe.

Evan767

Tue Jul 03, 2007 1:11 pm

Quoting Delta764 (Reply 28):
It would be nice to DL in kuwait. It could be a profitable route from JFK. DL does not have the equipment to operate another Long Haul TATL out of ATL - but could use a 763 on the route from JFK.

Hmm... Are you sure a 763 can go JFK-KWI, during the hot summer days in KWI, or strong winter headwinds going to JFK, with full cargo and passengers?

FLYGUY767

Tue Jul 03, 2007 1:26 pm

Quoting Evan767 (Reply 30):
Says who? From the looks of it, ATL-DXB seems to be doing just fine by itself. A tag on to KWI would not be the answer, and be too much cargo for the 777 to hold! Both destinations deserve two seperate routes. An underserved market like BAH, maybe.

I heard BAH, or DOH are most likely. However, I do feel that with DOH served to Newark with QR, it would be to the advantage to serve BAH before anyone serves the route.

Quoting Evan767 (Reply 31):
Hmm... Are you sure a 763 can go JFK-KWI, during the hot summer days in KWI, or strong winter headwinds going to JFK, with full cargo and passengers?

There would have to be an en-route stop such as CAI en-route to KWI, which Delta did in the past with the MD-11 on JFK-CAI-DXB around 2000. In this instance two destinations could be added. Bringing the number of African destinations served by Delta to 5. Have you heard anything about NBO entering the Delta network?

-JD

delta764

Thu Jul 05, 2007 6:28 am

I would love to see NBO, KWI, and CAI added to the DL network. Is the African East Coast served by any US carriers.

ConcordeBoy

Thu Jul 05, 2007 7:25 am

Yields in any of the above markets are not as robust as can be found in other Middle Eastern markets

...which might be why I said:

Not that several of those would offer the yield that DL's seeking

Quoting Delta764 (Reply 33):
Is the African East Coast served by any US carriers.

Nope.

Flighty

Thu Jul 05, 2007 7:33 am

I'd feel a lot safer in Saudi Arabia than I would in East Saint Louis. The same goes for Beirut.

Not so sure about Pakistan, although it is a very important and populous country.

jacobin777

Thu Jul 05, 2007 7:55 am

Something tells me that Delta will not be using its own metal anytime soon to routes such in Jordan, Saudi Arabia, or Pakistan. These destinations are to high of a security risk to both passengers and crew. Yields in any of the above markets are not as robust as can be found in other Middle Eastern markets such as AUH, BAH, DOH, or KWI.

BA has increased its LHR-ISB from 3x/weekly B744 to 6x/weekly B777....the route is doing quite well and yields are good.....

Quoting Flighty (Reply 35):

Not so sure about Pakistan, although it is a very important and populous country.

....people of non-Pakistani descent get treated better than people of Pakistani descent.....

SQ has restarted SIN-KHI/LHE services again after they felt there was no longer a security concern.....

Karachi, Pakistan

Shot at 2007-01-20
"Up the Irons!"

DiscoverCSG

Thu Jul 05, 2007 8:11 am

While I've not spent any time in Saudi Arabia, I have spent time in inner-city Cleveland and a particularly nasty section of the Bronx. I think I'd prefer Saudi Arabia for raw safety's sake.

Quoting Atlantaflyboy (Reply 20):
Having spent some time in the region I can tell you that just as much or as little (depending on your way of looking at the world) anti-American sentiment lies in countries like Kuwait, Bahrain, Dubai, Qatar, Jordan and Saudi Arabia as does in places like Germany, France, Ireland or the UK. Anywhe you go you must be sensitive to the local culture and use caution. This is true whether it be Dublin or Doha.

Amen! Traveling in Jordan a couple years ago, I ran into a young American couple in the eighth month of their round-the-world honeymoon. They said that of all the places they'd been (mainly in Europe and Asia) they'd never been welcomed the way the were in Jordan. While there are occasionally terrorist attacks in this countries (most whose governments aren't particularly radical), I have to imagine the street crime rate is much higher in the U.S.

Something tells me that Delta will not be using its own metal anytime soon to routes such in Jordan, Saudi Arabia, or Pakistan. These destinations are to high of a security risk to both passengers and crew.

High security risk? High? Really? It seems to me that, if they thought money could be made, DL's people would do everything possible to guarantee safety. Besides, isn't Israel a country with much higher terrorism/civil strife rates? Let's see ... does DL operate there?

worldtraveler

Thu Jul 05, 2007 8:18 am

Quoting FLYGUY767 (Reply 32):
There would have to be an en-route stop such as CAI en-route to KWI,

there will be no tag on any DL flights. There might be an enroute stop such as DKR is for ATL-JNB but another middle east destination behind CAI is a tag and DL won't do them. Tags are not economically viable; if the first stop has any economic value at all, then continuing the flight to another destination doesn't make sense without having the right to carry traffic and getting a similar amount of traffic (really revenue) on the 2nd leg as what leaves at the first stop - and that is very rare to find that kind of situation. Further, widebody aircraft costs increase significantly when flying 3-4 legs when the rest of the costs are based on 8-9 or longer segments.

not all carriers subscribe to this philosophy but DL does and that is why you will not see anything tagged onto the end of a DL flight to the Middle East or a similar couple hour flight. If there was an economically viable route with a stop halfway through a 14-16 hr flight, you might see a stop on a flight like that but with winglets on the 767 and the advent of the 787, it is now possible to fly 14 hr flights w/ fairly small/low cost widebody aircraft and make money flying the route nonstop.

worldtraveler

Thu Jul 05, 2007 8:36 am

Quoting Alitalia744 (Reply 27):

Point taken. I'll refrain from posting.

please don't. they're just jealous they can't figure out DL's strategy as well as you can. It's really not rocket science - you just have to read and listen to what DL execs say. They say an aweful lot about DL's plans; anyone that listens could figure it out. If people don't want to bother to figure a company out, they should be grateful there are people who can and who are willing to share it with the rest of us.

Evan767

Thu Jul 05, 2007 12:27 pm

Quoting Delta764 (Reply 33):
Is the African East Coast served by any US carriers.

No other US carrier flies non-stop schedules service to Africa besides Delta with the exception of North American and maybe one other lesser-known airline.

Quoting DiscoverCSG (Reply 37):
Besides, isn't Israel a country with much higher terrorism/civil strife rates? Let's see ... does DL operate there?

Yeah, but what have the Jews done to Americans recently? Nothing.

Quoting WorldTraveler (Reply 38):
Tags are not economically viable; if the first stop has any economic value at all, then continuing the flight to another destination doesn't make sense without having the right to carry traffic and getting a similar amount of traffic (really revenue) on the 2nd leg as what leaves at the first stop - and that is very rare to find that kind of situation

That's just what I was thinking. Why fly ATL-DXB-KWI-ATL, when ATL-DXB on a 777 and JFK-KWI on a 763 could both do fine by themselves..

Quoting WorldTraveler (Reply 39):
please don't. they're just jealous they can't figure out DL's strategy as well as you can. It's really not rocket science - you just have to read and listen to what DL execs say. They say an aweful lot about DL's plans; anyone that listens could figure it out. If people don't want to bother to figure a company out, they should be grateful there are people who can and who are willing to share it with the rest of us.

Come on. Alitalia744, has to have SOME kind of connection with Delta, besides being a frequent flyer. I can't imagine how you could figure out everything he has just by studying press releases.

jacobin777

Thu Jul 05, 2007 1:26 pm

Quoting Evan767 (Reply 40):
Quoting DiscoverCSG (Reply 37):
Besides, isn't Israel a country with much higher terrorism/civil strife rates? Let's see ... does DL operate there?

..what an asinine statement....its about people security and safety..you obviously don't know too much about how hospitable most Arabs/Iranians/Asians are towards foreigners.....

As I stated above, non-Pakistanis' are treated much better than Pakistanis' in Pakistan...the same holds true for other Arab nations (and Iran)....

"Up the Irons!"

777law

Thu Jul 05, 2007 1:48 pm

Quoting Arecibo (Reply 23):
As for their american counterparts in Seoul ( NWA, United ) not to worry....their dirty restrooms and arrogance are notorious on this route.

Huh? I've actually been flying on UA between ICN - SFO / ICN - NRT - SEA recently, and I have to say I was pretty impressed. UA definitely exceeded my expectations. It wasn't SQ or CX quality, but the flights were fine. The restrooms were clean and the service was acceptable. Also UA's E+ is nice -- the room in E+ easily competes with room you get in Y on board KE or OZ. The only thing UA is lacking is up to date IFE. If UA installed AVOD the service would be competitive with KE and OZ and would probably be better than NW or DL.
If its not a Boeing I ain't going

panamair

Thu Jul 05, 2007 4:42 pm

It's really not rocket science - you just have to read and listen to what DL execs say. They say an aweful lot about DL's plans; anyone that listens could figure it out.

LOL..so true. If one just listens to the Analyst calls or other Investor webcasts, there are Sooo maannny things one can easily pick up...for example at the recent Merrill Lynch Global Transportation conference, Hauenstein even let slip a new route to Asia in 2008....and it's not ATL-PVG. 

[Edited 2007-07-05 09:45:19]

papatango

Thu Jul 05, 2007 10:40 pm

Quoting Panamair (Reply 43):

OK don't keep us in the dark what is the new Asian route?

FLYGUY767

Thu Jul 05, 2007 10:52 pm

Quoting WorldTraveler (Reply 38):
there will be no tag on any DL flights. There might be an enroute stop such as DKR is for ATL-JNB but another middle east destination behind CAI is a tag and DL won't do them.

WorldTraveler,

The post you have quoted me replying to was in reference to someone in this topic mentioning that Delta could use the 767-300 to Kuwait. What I replied with Cairo was due to the range of the 767-300, forcing it to make an en-route stop for fueling purposes at a intermediate point. For only that point did I mention Cairo.

You can find the initial post about a DL 767-300 flying to route below, which is what I was referring to..

Quoting Delta764 (Reply 28):
It would be nice to DL in kuwait. It could be a profitable route from JFK. DL does not have the equipment to operate another Long Haul TATL out of ATL - but could use a 763 on the route from JFK

-JD

UA772IAD

Thu Jul 05, 2007 11:50 pm

Quoting 777law (Reply 42):
Huh? I've actually been flying on UA between ICN - SFO / ICN - NRT - SEA recently, and I have to say I was pretty impressed. UA definitely exceeded my expectations. It wasn't SQ or CX quality, but the flights were fine. The restrooms were clean and the service was acceptable. Also UA's E+ is nice -- the room in E+ easily competes with room you get in Y on board KE or OZ. The only thing UA is lacking is up to date IFE. If UA installed AVOD the service would be competitive with KE and OZ and would probably be better than NW or DL.

Aren't the overseas crew bases amazing (on your ICN-NRT- they are BKK, SIN and HKG based)? I was so impressed by how much more professional they were than the US based crews.

ConcordeBoy

Fri Jul 06, 2007 12:02 am

Don't quite think it's "the Jews" that he's worried about....

Come on. Alitalia744, has to have SOME kind of connection with Delta,

He doesn't. He doesn't even work in/with the aviation industry.

Alitalia744

Fri Jul 06, 2007 1:55 am

Thanks WT.

That's the thing people - if you pay attention, read, listen to webcasts and see between the lines you realize Delta lays their plans out like a prostitute on 42nd street. It's all out in the open except for a few highly guarded plans.

Quoting Panamair (Reply 43):
for example at the recent Merrill Lynch Global Transportation conference, Hauenstein even let slip a new route to Asia in 2008....and it's not ATL-PVG.

Heya Clipper - I was surprised he let it slip myself. But it's not the first time. Bastian and Whitehurst have laid a few out on the table as well...

Come on. Alitalia744, has to have SOME kind of connection with Delta, besides being a frequent flyer. I can't imagine how you could figure out everything he has just by studying press releases.

I don't have any connections or affiliations with, or work for Delta or an associated company. Sorry.

Quoting ConcordeBoy (Reply 47):
He doesn't. He doesn't even work in/with the aviation industry.

Bingo. I work in advertising on laundry detergent...

FlyPNS1

Fri Jul 06, 2007 2:46 am

they're just jealous they can't figure out DL's strategy as well as you can. It's really not rocket science - you just have to read and listen to what DL execs say. They say an aweful lot about DL's plans; anyone that listens could figure it out. If people don't want to bother to figure a company out, they should be grateful there are people who can and who are willing to share it with the rest of us.

Sure, it's all out there for those who have the time to dig through all the conference calls, presentations, etc. However, what most people object to is the way many on this board post as if they have some secret information. It's like a child running up to their friend saying "I know something you don't know" and refusing to then tell. Since the information has been publicly disseminated there is no reason not to just say the route.

The only reason I can see why an adult would play this type of game is because they have an inferiority complex.