Humberside
Topic Author

Manx2 Add IOM-Gloucester-JER

Sat Jun 30, 2007 3:53 am

Manx2 have announced a new Isle of Man to Gloucester service - twice daily, advertising Gloucester as Gloucester (M5). At weekends the service will extend to Jersey. Blue Islands already provide a non stop IOM-JER service, so they are probably going after the Gloucester-JER service, one that has been served in the past

Brave move by Manx2, especialy consideing the high frequency
Visit the Air Humberside Website and Forum

PlymSpotter

RE: Manx2 Add IOM-Gloucester-JER

Sat Jun 30, 2007 3:58 am

Gloucester to Jersey should be a big hit, there is a good market from both BRS and BHX, so choosing Gloucester right in the middle could well be a shrewd move. Twice daily though I am surprised at, I would have considered once daily more than enough to kick off with, but obviously they consider there to be a large enough market to warrant such frequency - I wish them luck. Will this be operated with the Lets?

Dan Smile
...love is just a camouflage for what resembles rage again...

soups

Sat Jun 30, 2007 6:43 pm

Any other airline operate out of gloucester?
Next destinations, Suarabaya, beirut, paris, Accra

Humberside
Topic Author

Sat Jun 30, 2007 7:30 pm

Dont think so. Up to last Summer there was a summer Saturday charter flight to Jersey, operated by Aurigny

dhhornet

Wed Jul 11, 2007 4:29 am

GLO could do well out of this. Hopefully it could kick off scheduled services around the UK & Europe. If this works out how about EDI,GLA,DUB etc? Why not? GLO is in a central location from BRS/BHX/CWL. Eastern is the sort of airline that would be perfect for GLO.

Just a few years ago I think some start-up using 360s Western? were looking at sched flights from GLO.

Good luck Manx2

Humberside
Topic Author

Wed Jul 11, 2007 4:44 am

Quoting DHHornet (Reply 4):
Eastern is the sort of airline that would be perfect for GLO.

Is the market around GLO a rich one - they would need to be in order to afford Eastern