Jerseyguy

Jetblue To Offer Onboard Internet By End Of 2007

Thu Jul 05, 2007 2:14 am

http://www.brandweek.com/bw/news/rec...play.jsp?vnu_content_id=1003604371

Lift Off and Log On: JetBlue To Offer Net Access
June 27, 2007

By Mike Beirne

CHICAGO -- JetBlue Airways is poised to unveil ground-to-air Internet access on its planes sometime this year. When it does, the carrier will not charge passengers for the amenity.

“We want the network to be advertising funded; we don’t want to nickel and dime our customers,” said Eric Brinker, director of brand management and customer experience. Brinker delivered his remarks during last week’s Brandsmart conference assembled by the American Marketing Association’s Chicago Chapter.

Onboard Internet will be delivered by LiveTV, JetBlue’s wholly owned subsidiary, which provides the carrier’s seatback entertainment system. Among the Web specifications is that the network include silent options. That requirement means users can text message but—because customers are overwhelmingly opposed to the capability—will not be placing and receiving cell phone calls 30,000 feet in the air. Whether other Web functions could be included will depend on available technology, cost and if the perk is meaningful to the flyer.

Brinker noted that JetBlue has to deliver on experience and through its employees because competitors such as Delta Air Lines, which has emerged from bankruptcy protection with stronger balance sheets, are “almost copying our product” with regard to live in-flight TV and adding more legroom in coach cabins.
Webmaster of an unoffical TTN page see profile for details

jetbluefan1

RE: Jetblue To Offer Onboard Internet By End Of 2007

Thu Jul 05, 2007 3:01 am

This will put JetBlue head-and-shoulders above other domestic airlines. The world is changing, and internet service on board domestic travel is a huge leap into technological progress. JetBlue stands to benefit a lot by offering this service; offering it for free will bring further value to the airline and will allow it to attract more business travelers.

I can't wait to see how the details of this service are revealed.

JetBluefan1

JBLUA320

Thu Jul 05, 2007 3:20 am

It's funny that Frontier is adding the product at the same time... Just to add fuel to the fire of an F9/B6 merger...

Speculation. You never fail to amuse me.

JBLU

bravogolf

Thu Jul 05, 2007 3:27 am

Wasn't Boeing working on something similar and couldn't make it work?

Jerseyguy

Thu Jul 05, 2007 3:41 am

Quoting JBLUA320 (Reply 2):
It's funny that Frontier is adding the product at the same time...

I thought that Frontiers was just e-mail

0newair0

Thu Jul 05, 2007 3:43 am

It sounds like they are following Southwest's move to have internet access on flights. Soon all US carriers will offer the same IFE as jetBlue and jetBlue will be finding that it is harder and harder to differentiate its product/service offerings from other airlines – everything being a friendly blue only helps so much.
"The future belongs to those who believe in the beauty of their dreams."

Flighty

Thu Jul 05, 2007 3:47 am

Boom, JetBlue just became even MORE of a hostile takeover target.

AirframeAS

Thu Jul 05, 2007 3:48 am

Pending F.A.A. and/or F.C.C. approval, yes??
A Safe Flight Begins With Quality Maintenance On The Ground.

NASBWI

Thu Jul 05, 2007 3:53 am

Quoting JerseyGuy (Thread starter):
but—because customers are overwhelmingly opposed to the capability—will not be placing and receiving cell phone calls 30,000 feet in the air

Thank GOODNESS!
Fierce, Fabulous, and Flawless ;)

UN_B732

Thu Jul 05, 2007 4:03 am

Wait, is it Internet or Cell Phone Service? The article isn't exactly clear.
I wouldn't be surprised to see Delta launch this next - I heard Panasonic is working on an internet system for their IFE equipment.

-A
What now?

AirframeAS

Thu Jul 05, 2007 4:12 am

Quoting UN_B732 (Reply 9):

You need to READ the article...see below:

—will not be placing and receiving cell phone calls 30,000 feet in the air.
A Safe Flight Begins With Quality Maintenance On The Ground.

0newair0

Thu Jul 05, 2007 4:15 am

Quoting UN_B732 (Reply 9):

I blieve it is only an Internet service. Anyone can text message a cell phone through a number of websites.

san747

Thu Jul 05, 2007 4:55 am

So it would be actual internet service, not some half-ass version like some other airlines have? As in, I could go onto A.net on a plane? I could go to youtube on a plane? I could go onto Myspace? etc, etc....

Sorry if I sound retarded, but the article is a little ambiguous...
Scotty doesn't know...

A342

Thu Jul 05, 2007 5:01 am

Quoting NASBWI (Reply 8):
Thank GOODNESS!

Ever heard about VOIP?  Wink Remember, the internet access is supposed to be free...
Exceptions confirm the rule.

UN_B732

Thu Jul 05, 2007 5:52 am

I don't see how they are going to block VoIP - Skype has many circumvention methods, or someone could tunnel through corporate VPN for VoIP.
-A
What now?

ikramerica

Thu Jul 05, 2007 8:00 am

Quoting 0NEWAIR0 (Reply 5):
It sounds like they are following Southwest's move to have internet access on flights.

It sounds like they are following, not leading, but then saying everyone is copying them. They single out DL to try to show how B6 is the innovator. Which they have been, but now with people catching up, they are actually starting to fall behind in announcing new product.

But the leg room is boss!

Quoting San747 (Reply 12):
So it would be actual internet service, not some half-ass version like some other airlines have? As in, I could go onto A.net on a plane? I could go to youtube on a plane? I could go onto Myspace? etc, etc....

No, it sounds like you are right and they are going to pick and choose what will work and what won't. There will likely be bandwidth limitations, blocking of various attachments and plugins, etc.

Quote:
Whether other Web functions could be included will depend on available technology, cost and if the perk is meaningful to the flyer.

Doesn't sound like full internet to me...
Of all the things to worry about... the Wookie has no pants.

worldtraveler

Thu Jul 05, 2007 8:25 am

competitors such as Delta Air Lines, which has emerged from bankruptcy protection with stronger balance sheets, are “almost copying our product” with regard to live in-flight TV and adding more legroom in coach cabins.

Don't you just hate it when someone creates a better product than you, esp. since DL unveiled the 1st elements of its onboard product which include a then superior IFE product to B6's several years ago - before DL was in BK. And now, big bad WN is talking about in-flight internet.

Somehow the gold doesn't glimmer quite as brightly when you are the copycat.

Jerseyguy

Thu Jul 05, 2007 8:44 am

Quoting WorldTraveler (Reply 16):
Don't you just hate it when someone creates a better product than you, esp. since DL unveiled the 1st elements of its onboard product which include a then superior IFE product to B6's several years ago - before DL was in BK. And now, big bad WN is talking about in-flight internet

Well, if it wasn't for Jetblue, none of this would have happened, airlines would have been pitched Live TV and most likely said, its too much and no one's going to fly us for our TV.

tonytifao

Thu Jul 05, 2007 8:49 am

FINALLY!!!!!!!!

But what kind of internet is this? Like those Internet TV crap? How about wireless?

thirteenright

Thu Jul 05, 2007 10:16 am

Its great that you can have internet access on board a B6 flight, but no seat jacks to keep your laptop powered is missing.

atlaaron

Thu Jul 05, 2007 11:22 am

Well whichever airline is first to offer in-flight full internet access will have my business. Forget FF miles and everything, internet in the air would be very helpful to me.

lowecur

Thu Jul 05, 2007 12:09 pm

Unless I am mistaken, I didn't hear either SWA or DL say they were going to let the advertisers pay for it. I just picked up a friend in MIA that was on an AA flight. He was astounded that they charge $2. for all non alcholic beverages (including bottled water) and snacks. It seems most of the carriers are going the ala cart revenue stream to try and help the bottom line. The no charge wifi will continue B6's trend of providing the most bang for no bucks.

I'm curious as to how the user will activate. If it's going through the Direct TV antenna, do they plan to lite up the whole cabin with wireless? If other carriers plan to charge a fee, then there would have to be some sort of a proprietary gadget that you'd have to use in lieu of your own laptop or wifi internet device.

N751PR

Thu Jul 05, 2007 12:15 pm

Gah, looks like this'll be a toughie for me as I'm bound by FFPs but the idea of onboard internet on a domestic flight sounds too tantalizing! Any idea if they'll offer in-seat power as well or are we on our own with that?
"Ladies and Gentlemen it's happy hour. You will get two approaches for the price of one."

XJetflyer

Thu Jul 05, 2007 12:42 pm

I said just a few days back I would not fly JetBlue because of their problems of being stuck in their a/c. The internet on a plane is very important to me. Even without my laptop, I could carry my PPC 6700 cell phone on the plane and put it in flight mode and have access to the internet. For me and my employees, it's about email access and being able to send documents over the internet. I'm glad JetBlue is doing this. They may see our company again in the future if the can keep everything straight. Also, not having to pay some ridiculous fee for this service makes it that much better. But power jacks are a must!

jetbluefan1

Thu Jul 05, 2007 12:43 pm

Quoting 0NEWAIR0 (Reply 5):
It sounds like they are following Southwest's move to have internet access on flights.

Quoting Ikramerica (Reply 15):
It sounds like they are following, not leading, but then saying everyone is copying them. They single out DL to try to show how B6 is the innovator. Which they have been, but now with people catching up, they are actually starting to fall behind in announcing new product.

Southwest has yet to announce any plans to install inflight internet capabilities on its planes. JetBlue bid for the contract a few months ago, won, and will be the first carrier to make this a reality in the United States. Meanwhile, Southwest has simply stated that they are "looking at" internet service and other forms of IFE. JetBlue is actually on the verge of making such announcements. That being said, JetBlue is the leader of such an innovation, not a follower.

JetBluefan1

IPFreely

Thu Jul 05, 2007 12:53 pm

This service will be great. In the future when passengers are stuck on a JetBlue plane for 8 hours on the tarmac, they'll be able to log onto airliners.net and tell anyone and everyone how much it sucks in real time!  Smile  Smile  Smile

0newair0

Thu Jul 05, 2007 2:06 pm

Quoting JetBluefan1 (Reply 24):
Southwest has yet to announce any plans to install inflight internet capabilities

You are right; however, Southwest has been considering adding internet service for a long time. So, when all is said and done, jetBlue followed the Southwest line of thinking but took action first - as everyone knows, SWA puts a lot of research and testing, more than most would think is necessary, into their products and services before they are rolled out to the public. Also, while LiveTV does have licenses for air-to-ground spectrum over the U.S., it's chunck is only big enough for email/sms at the moment. Row 44 would probably be a better choice for REAL internet.

[Edited 2007-07-05 07:11:20]

dl767captain

Thu Jul 05, 2007 2:27 pm

Quoting JBLUA320 (Reply 2):
Just to add fuel to the fire of an F9/B6 merger...

to me it seems like if any merger should occur it should be this one. They have the same fleet, offering most of the same items on board, why not combine forces and increase hubs and traffic. An airline like F9+B6 could possibly take on most of the legacy carriers when it comes to domestic flights.

0newair0

Thu Jul 05, 2007 10:29 pm

Quoting DL767captain (Reply 27):
if any merger should occur it should be this one

Mergers might not be the best thing for LLCs. Mergers have extreme costs and usually end up with more management than would be needed if a single airline were to expand by itself - and thus the new carrier would have a harder time staying in the black than the two do now. I am a fan of mergers, just not in the airline industry...

An alliance would be so much better for both companies.

RJdxer

Thu Jul 05, 2007 10:41 pm

Unless they are providing the laptop or whatever device is needed to hook up to the internet the average traveler probably won't see a whole lot of benefit to this product. Out of 100 people on a plane, how many actually carry a laptop or blackberry type phone with them?
Warm winds blowing, heating blue skies, and a road that goes forever. I'm going to Texas!

7cubed

Thu Jul 05, 2007 11:18 pm

Quoting BravoGolf (Reply 3):

No, Boeing said no one wanted it so they "scrapped" it. A few Asian carriers used it and were disappointed Boeing decided to shut it down.

"After a six-year effort that saw Connexion by Boeing available on only 156 commercial jets with 10 airlines -- none of them U.S. carriers -- Boeing announced that it was getting out of the unprofitable business."

full article: http://seattlepi.nwsource.com/business/281689_connexion18.html

It seemed premature to ax the service...

7Cubed
joe

0newair0

Thu Jul 05, 2007 11:31 pm

Quoting 7cubed (Reply 30):

WASHINGTON, D.C., June 13, 2001 -- American (NYSE:AMR), Delta (NYSE:DAL) and United (NYSE:UAL) airlines today announced a new partnership with Boeing (NYSE:BA) aimed at providing millions of worldwide airline passengers each year with two-way broadband connectivity to e-mail, the Internet, corporate intranets, live television and entertainment, and other services while in flight.

9/11/2001>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

IDG, November 20, 2001 -- A project by The Boeing Co. to put high-speed Internet connections in its planes looks unlikely to take off on time because three airline partners in the joint venture are pulling out of the project, the company said today.

Boeing's three primary partners in Connexion by Boeing have withdrawn their financial support in light of severe financial losses following the Sept. 11 terrorist attacks in the U.S., said Charlie Miller, Boeing's U.K.-based spokesman.

...with that said, it is in my opinion that, every major airline in the world would be flying around with internet today if it wasn;t for 9/11. The top International airlines would have, most likely, followed (for once) the lower-quality U.S. carriers.

chrisk

Thu Jul 05, 2007 11:45 pm

Quoting RJdxer (Reply 29):
Unless they are providing the laptop or whatever device is needed to hook up to the internet the average traveler probably won't see a whole lot of benefit to this product. Out of 100 people on a plane, how many actually carry a laptop or blackberry type phone with them?

Quite a lot -- my guess would be at least 1/2. Almost all business travelers (which B6 wants to get more of) have a laptop and/or Blackberry with them.

flybyguy

Fri Jul 06, 2007 12:00 am

Don't you just hate it when someone creates a better product than you, esp. since DL unveiled the 1st elements of its onboard product which include a then superior IFE product to B6's several years ago - before DL was in BK. And now, big bad WN is talking about in-flight internet.

I think Jetblue still has an advantage for the time being because Legacy carriers often have a very large and diverse fleet of aircraft and it usually takes years for a new product to be implemented fleet wide. I think Jetblue's relatively small fleet puts them at an advantage. Apparently they already have the infrastructure, perhaps its as simple as a software upgrade and minor hardware improvements across the fleet. Most legacy carriers have a daunting task to start at square one because they never offered personalized IFE across their domestic fleet. It's no easy task to apply major hardware and software upgrades to hundreds of aircraft (and it's probably done during heavy checks which makes the process even slower). Additionally, carriers like United and US Airways probably have more pressing matters, like attending to their oftentimes dilapidated interiors and poor product presentation.
"Are you a pretender... or a thoroughbred?!" - Professor Matt Miller

RJdxer

Fri Jul 06, 2007 1:29 am

Quoting Chrisk (Reply 32):
Quite a lot -- my guess would be at least 1/2

When I travel, which is a fair amount I don't see anything close to half. Maybe 20 percent at best.
Warm winds blowing, heating blue skies, and a road that goes forever. I'm going to Texas!

jetbluefan1

Fri Jul 06, 2007 2:14 am

The reason F9 is also considering adding internet capabilities has to do with the fact that it's also a LiveTV customer, which naturally makes it a customer of JetBlue. Since JetBlue's internet service would be via LiveTV equipment, it only makes sense to offer it to all LiveTV customers if they want it.

Quoting 0NEWAIR0 (Reply 26):
You are right; however, Southwest has been considering adding internet service for a long time.

And so has every other airline. JetBlue seems to be the only airline that could make this happen within the next year due to its LiveTV technology.

That being said, I agree with the rest of your statement.

JetBluefan1

richierich

Fri Jul 06, 2007 2:19 am

Quoting DL767captain (Reply 27):
to me it seems like if any merger should occur it should be this one. They have the same fleet, offering most of the same items on board, why not combine forces and increase hubs and traffic. An airline like F9+B6 could possibly take on most of the legacy carriers when it comes to domestic flights

Personally, I agree with you, although I don't think any such merger talks are in the works. Still, anything is possible!  Wink

The question is, hypothetically, if there were such a merger, who would be the dominant carrier and which brand would emerge? I'd guess JetBlue based on the size of the carrier, but I also admit that this opinion is jaded by the fact I live in the NYC area which is dominated by B6. I've yet to fly F9 but I understand their coach product is very similar to JetBlue's.
None shall pass!!!!

lowecur

Fri Jul 06, 2007 2:25 am

ASIq and Panasonic both said they were going to p/u where Boeing left off. ASIq has restructured 1/7/7 and no news has come forth since. Panasonic needed 500 ac to sign up for them to continue research, and at last report only 150 had signed on......so my guess is it's on the back burner until someone makes a major commitment. That will happen in time with Panasonic, as B6 will force other carriers hands. I still think most of the carriers would have to equip their planes with some sort of a large satellite receiver, which is not only expensive on a retrofit but time consuming (even to sprinkle the cabin with wifi transmitters. If the large receiver is required, most of those carriers that do it will probably bring the rest of the Panasonic IFE pkg with it which will require more extensive wiring. In either case it will happen, it's only a matter of when.

Good for Jetblue.....you will p/u lots of business travelers.

fxramper

Fri Jul 06, 2007 2:49 am

Great news for B6. I just might give them another shot on AUS-JFK.

Who is going to be the first Anutter to post from the sky on the B6 internet?  duck 

iflyswa

Fri Jul 06, 2007 3:00 am

"We want the network to be advertising funded; we don't want to nickel and dime our customers," said Eric Brinker, director of brand management and customer experience.

Gee, he couldn't have Southwest Airlines and GSD&M to thank for that memorable ditty: "Tired of being nickel and dimed by other airlines? At Southwest Airlines, our leather seats, blankets, pillows, snacks and smiles are always free." I find it about as funny as jetBlue naming one of their airplanes "Canyon Blue" especially considering that if jetBlue had taken the name "Tony the Tiger Orange" (hypothetically), you can bet there'd be a lawsuit coming down the pike from Kellogg, since they reserve rights to that specific name and shade. Of course, knowing Herb, they'd just stage an arm wrestling match.

Unfortunately, I believe Brinker is poking fun at funLUVing Southwest, which is planning to roll out with WiFi enabled cabins as either a pay-per-use or ad-funded inflight amenity. Oh, I bet the guys in Marketing Planning are just laughing it up with this news...

Southwest has been working with vendors, the FCC, FAA, and other groups in developing this project for quite some time now. Don't be surprised if they come from nowhere and beat jetBlue to the punch, although it'll clearly take Southwest longer to retrofit 500 airplanes than it will for jetBlue to get their little fleet equipped.
Opinions expressed by "iflyswa" are not those of Southwest Airlines Officers, Directors, or Employees.

richierich

Fri Jul 06, 2007 4:02 am

Quoting Iflyswa (Reply 39):
I find it about as funny as jetBlue naming one of their airplanes "Canyon Blue"

Well considering Canyon Blue is not a color (is it???) and WN doesn't own the right to the name (does it??), I'd say B6 has nothing to worry about. And, if I'm not mistaken, wasn't the JetBlue plane named before Southwest's 'new' colors were introduced? I'm not positive on the timing, but Canyon Blue is one of the older JetBlue frames.

Don't be surprised if they come from nowhere and beat jetBlue to the punch

This wouldn't be surprising. Actually, the winner of this race could be some other airline.. its quite a technological feat to have two-way internet connections on a flight. Its not as simple as plugging in a wireless router!  Yeah sure But as I write this, there are only three airlines in the USA that have live television: DL, B6 and F9. And at least one of those airlines only has tv on a small portion of their planes. I'd say its going to be a while before we see an airline with internet access across their fleet (VA maybe??)
None shall pass!!!!

lowecur

Fri Jul 06, 2007 4:08 am

Unfortunately, I believe Brinker is poking fun at funLUVing Southwest, which is planning to roll out with WiFi enabled cabins as either a pay-per-use or ad-funded inflight amenity. Oh, I bet the guys in Marketing Planning are just laughing it up with this news...

Southwest has been working with vendors, the FCC, FAA, and other groups in developing this project for quite some time now. Don't be surprised if they come from nowhere and beat jetBlue to the punch, although it'll clearly take Southwest longer to retrofit 500 airplanes than it will for jetBlue to get their little fleet equipped.

Good points you make.

Since Panasonic is the only other vendor that I am aware of that is working on internet in the cabin, it will be interesting to see if another source is working on this when SWA makes an announcement. I think the new satellite receivers that Panasonic is using on VX are quite a bit smaller than the ones on B6, so retrofit installation may be easier....but will probably be just as timeconsuming as planes are brought in for MX checks.

I have my doubts that SWA will give it away, since Panasonic was talking about $5 to $15 per seat per flt in rental fees. Gary has said they need new sources of revenue to offset their climbing expenses. Lufthansa charged $30 each for use on their Transatlantic flts, which was basically at cost from Boeing.

Retrofitting SWA and Jetblue for wifi are apples and oranges. Jetblues will require minimal cost as most of the infrastructure is in place. However, cost to retrofit is something SWA will have no problem affording. Can't wait to see what they come up with.

7cubed

Fri Jul 06, 2007 5:53 am

Quoting 0NEWAIR0 (Reply 31):
Quoting 7cubed (Reply 30):

That was BravoGolf (Reply 3)'s question...I was responding to it.

IMO, there will be a day that high-speed internet service will be common place on aircraft. Boeing needs to mothball the tech...it will be needed. Hopefully, they'll recoup some of the R & D expenses.

Cheers
7Cubed
joe

FLYGUY767

Fri Jul 06, 2007 6:05 am

Quoting JetBluefan1 (Reply 1):
This will put JetBlue head-and-shoulders above other domestic airlines.

This is more of a pre-emptive measure against VX..

-JD
Summer Trip 2007: DEN HAAG>DUBAI>LONDON>VERONA>COSTA SMERALDA>CAPRI

0newair0

Fri Jul 06, 2007 6:59 am

Quoting FLYGUY767 (Reply 43):
This is more of a pre-emptive measure against VX

Sir Richard will definately change the way American's fly! All airlines, big and small, should be prepared to act quickly with the Virgin brand now in the US market. Personally, I cannot wait for the Grand VX Party set for August.

FLYGUY767

Fri Jul 06, 2007 7:02 am

Quoting 0newair0 (Reply 44):
Sir Richard will definately change the way American's fly! All airlines, big and small, should be prepared to act quickly with the Virgin brand now in the US market. Personally, I cannot wait for the Grand VX Party set for August.

The Premium product on VX will definitely be taking a bite out of the legacies on the Trans-Con markets.

-JD
Summer Trip 2007: DEN HAAG>DUBAI>LONDON>VERONA>COSTA SMERALDA>CAPRI

0newair0

Fri Jul 06, 2007 7:20 am

Quoting FLYGUY767 (Reply 45):
The Premium product on VX will definitely be taking a bite out of the legacies on the Trans-Con markets

Eh, they'll caputre some of the business. What everyone needs to be worried about are new entrants that havn't filed for certification yet (The ones that have filed for certification have there business plan set and are basically stuck to it for the first year or so). They are able to change within seconds, copying and imporving on products and services that other airlines are just now rolling out.

People might think these "paper airlines" from no-named CEOs are not much of a threat....I beg to differ. It is these no-named CEOs that will not care about "this is the way its done" or perhapse "this is how we did it over at so-and-so". These new "enterperneurs" (if they can pitch their plan to someone) will really upset the industry, and in my opinion, in a good way.

worldtraveler

Fri Jul 06, 2007 8:00 am

Quoting Flybyguy (Reply 33):
I think Jetblue still has an advantage for the time being because Legacy carriers often have a very large and diverse fleet of aircraft and it usually takes years for a new product to be implemented fleet wide. I think Jetblue's relatively small fleet puts them at an advantage.

100+ is not a small fleet, esp. when the network carriers segregate their fleets and offer different products on different fleet types. UA PS is a dedicated fleet as is AA's transcon fleet. DL has a dedicated and growing long haul domestic fleet of 767s, 757s, and 738s that have different capabilities than the rest of their fleet - and they deploy their aircraft w/ the best product heavily in the NYC market.

Jerseyguy

Fri Jul 06, 2007 8:42 am

Quoting Richierich (Reply 36):
I've yet to fly F9 but I understand their coach product is very similar to JetBlue's.

I've flown F9 before (ok it was only SLC-DEN but...) and they used to be very similar, 33" pitch throughout the cabin (the average of the B6's 32 in front and 34 in back) with Live TV (cost $5 a segment though). But now they are adding more seats to the cabin and they will be 32" for most rows and 31" in the last row (or 2). With Jetblue having 36" in front and 34" in back, I don't think you can say they are "very similar" since they now have "legacy legroom".

Gee, he couldn't have Southwest Airlines and GSD&M to thank for that memorable ditty: "Tired of being nickel and dimed by other airlines? At Southwest Airlines, our leather seats, blankets, pillows, snacks and smiles are always free." I

They are also taking jabs at DL.. B6 Subtle Dig Toward DL In Its E-mail? (by JerseyGuy Jun 26 2007 in Civil Aviation)

ikramerica

Fri Jul 06, 2007 10:29 am

Quoting Chrisk (Reply 32):
Quite a lot -- my guess would be at least 1/2.

No way, and especially not on B6. Much of their east coast traffic is vacationers. Families and retirees are not bringing a lot of laptops, but I suppose over time even this will change.

I think the 20% figure is generous as well, except on high business traffic routes.
Of all the things to worry about... the Wookie has no pants.