airtran737

AirTran Starts MKE-LAS Today

Wed Jul 11, 2007 2:15 am

First flight went out today oversold by one. The flight is consistently booked over 125 for the rest of the month, with fares at $236.00 round trip I can see why. YX is selling a two week advanced roundtrip for $286.00, anyone care to speculate whether YX will drop their fares to match FL?
Nice Trip Report!!! Great Pics, thanks for posting!!!! B747Forever

quickmover

RE: AirTran Starts MKE-LAS Today

Wed Jul 11, 2007 3:00 am

With close in booked fares being higher and upgrade fees for business class, sounds like this route will do well. Maybe FL should try MKE-BOS next. According to faremeasure, over 600 passengers fly it daily and FL has a decent sized following in BOS.

sideflare75

Wed Jul 11, 2007 3:00 am

I just did a quick search two weeks out and the fares were the same for both if staying one week.

7/24 to 7/31 MKE-LAS MKE $218.00 + tax on both.

But returning after only 5 days 7/24 to 7/29: Midwest $283.00 but Airtran was $373.00.

So in that case there is nothing to match. The problem with this type of comparison is it changes with every flight and everyday. Anyway there should be plenty of traffic for both to make some money on this route with Northwest no longer flying it.

jetjeanes

Wed Jul 11, 2007 3:07 am

Ahh six months from now they will have yx begging to take them over... if you cant buy them, break them, see who has the most money, heck we may even see 29.00 fares out of Mke yet
i can see for 80 miles

mke717spotter

Wed Jul 11, 2007 3:10 am

Interesting, I thought this route had already started, but I guess not. As mentioned, I think that this route will do well for both YX and FL.

Quoting Sideflare75 (Reply 2):
with Northwest no longer flying it.

For now...  stirthepot 
Will you watch the Cleveland Browns and the Detroit Lions on Sunday? Only if coach Eric Mangini resigned after a loss.

slider

Wed Jul 11, 2007 3:11 am

...and it pulls traffic off NW over MSP besides...

deltadawg

Wed Jul 11, 2007 4:25 am

Quoting Quickmover (Reply 1):
Maybe FL should try MKE-BOS next. According to faremeasure, over 600 passengers fly it daily and FL has a decent sized following in BOS.

Probably would be good route for FL with the BOS following they have there. Would put more pressure on YX as they already run this route as well. Could FL support another route out of they gates they have there in BOS now?

Would the next smart step for FL out of MKE be LGA & LAX? From a # of passenger standpoint seems like LGA would make the most sense? Can FL run more routes out of their existing gates in MKE, I thought they were somewhat strapped for gate space at MKE?

All in all, MKE-LAS looks like it could be a winner for FL. I guess the folks in MKE are willing to do without their cookies in exchange for a better fare, coke & some Biscoff's!
GO Dawgs, Sic' em, woof woof woof

COERJ145

Wed Jul 11, 2007 4:45 am

Quoting DeltaDAWG (Reply 6):
Probably would be good route for FL with the BOS following they have there. Would put more pressure on YX as they already run this route as well. Could FL support another route out of they gates they have there in BOS now?

NW tried this(as well a bunch of other YX cities) with CRJs and even(i think) and A319 back in 2003/2004. Now all MKE has from NW is CUN, MSP, DTW and MEM. Point being they probably wouldn't do well.

travatl

Wed Jul 11, 2007 4:46 am

Not to m entio

I guess the folks in MKE are willing to do without their cookies in exchange for a better fare, coke & some Biscoff's!

Not to mention the great ops numbers AirTran is posting right now. That's how Southwest did it. Get them there on time, with their bags, and at a reasonable fare.... 70% of the folks don't care (nor remember) what the inside of the plane looks like. They just remember if it was easy, and the personnel they dealt with were nice.

quickmover

Wed Jul 11, 2007 5:02 am

Quoting Travatl (Reply 8):
Not to mention the great ops numbers AirTran is posting right now. That's how Southwest did it. Get them there on time, with their bags, and at a reasonable fare.... 70% of the folks don't care (nor remember) what the inside of the plane looks like. They just remember if it was easy, and the personnel they dealt with were nice.

There has been alot of mudslinging up in MKE, but I wonder if this hasn't backfired to some degree for YX. I think before all this started, most people up there never heard of Airtran. Perhaps with all the press, people are giving them a try regardless of what they read.

Flighty

Wed Jul 11, 2007 5:11 am

It's raining piss in MKE... how nice of AirTran to cool people off with it  Smile

travatl

Wed Jul 11, 2007 5:25 am

Quoting Flighty (Reply 10):
It's raining piss in MKE... how nice of AirTran to cool people off with it

We do what we can...... it's all about the people.  Wink

deltadawg

Wed Jul 11, 2007 6:07 am

Quoting COERJ145 (Reply 7):
NW tried this(as well a bunch of other YX cities) with CRJs and even(i think) and A319 back in 2003/2004. Now all MKE has from NW is CUN, MSP, DTW and MEM. Point being they probably wouldn't do well.

May be, but who wants to go to DTW & MEM from MKE? LAS, Florida destinations all have an attraction to it and there are a lot of folks in WI that want to get away during the winter months especially. Other than CUN the list you provided is at best business destinations and YX admittedly has the lions share of that in MKE. So, wouldn't it be wiser for FL to entree into MKE with touristy destinations such as LAX, PHX and yes even BOS (to some degree) then capture more of the biz crowd down the road.

Plus, with FL using their 717's & 737's it seems that there CASM should be lower than NW using CRJ's and 319's to such hot destinations as MEM & DTW.
GO Dawgs, Sic' em, woof woof woof

quickmover

Wed Jul 11, 2007 6:41 am

Quoting DeltaDAWG (Reply 12):
May be, but who wants to go to DTW & MEM from MKE? LAS, Florida destinations all have an attraction to it and there are a lot of folks in WI that want to get away during the winter months especially. Other than CUN the list you provided is at best business destinations and YX admittedly has the lions share of that in MKE. So, wouldn't it be wiser for FL to entree into MKE with touristy destinations such as LAX, PHX and yes even BOS (to some degree) then capture more of the biz crowd down the road.

Exactly right.
Joe Leonard has said before that a big percentage of YX's profits come from a few select routes (as it is with all carriers I guess). Perhaps FL is putting a toe in the water on those routes.

Mikey711MN

Wed Jul 11, 2007 7:06 am

Quoting Quickmover (Reply 13):
Perhaps FL is putting a toe in the water on those routes.

IMHO, the MKE-LAS route was low-hanging fruit for FL to pick from and is consistent with some of the other routes to LAS that were announced around the same time.

I believe it is in FL's best interest to stay out of YX's bread-and-butter routes for now as a "new" FL (read: with YX hypothetically brought into the fray) would be purportedly a hybrid of the two airlines and not as simply more of the same "old" FL. YX would surely match FL's fares on trunk routes to LGA, BOS, DCA, etc. and given a choice between the product offerings, I don't think FL wants to necessarily show their product compared to YX.

With that said, clearly YX is stretched as thin as they can get, i.e. have no spare aircraft to deploy at expense of other routes that they currently fly (and subbing a CRJ isn't going to cut it...they only have so many of those at their disposal too). If the numbers added up, I don't think a 1x daily MKE-LAX or MKE-SFO route is completely out of the question, but not unlike the offer to acquire YX, I think FL is playing the waiting game on those too.

-Mike
I plan on living forever. So far, so good...

SANFan

Wed Jul 11, 2007 7:11 am

I've wondered for over a year why YX hasn't started SAN-MKE (they give us a second MCI flight in the summers instead) so perhaps AirTran should think about starting that route out of MKE as well...  stirthepot  (It would certainly make more sense for YX to do it since they would carry connecting traffic as well as O&D but they just don't seem interested.)

bb

N822ME

Wed Jul 11, 2007 7:14 am

Funny how one of the consistently best baggage numbers in the AirTran system for a station of its size is Los Angeles.... and Midwest ground handles FL there.  Wink

All in all, MKE-LAS looks like it could be a winner for FL. I guess the folks in MKE are willing to do without their cookies in exchange for a better fare, coke & some Biscoff's!

Given that the Midwest flights to Vegas consistently go out full, and they sell blocks of seats through a vacation partnership, more likely that Midwest simply doesn't have the capacity in the market to handle the demand. And sounds like enough spill for both Midwest and AirTran to fill flights.

4everRC

Wed Jul 11, 2007 7:35 am

Quoting JetJeanes (Reply 3):
Ahh six months from now they will have yx begging to take them over...

Facts to back that up, please? Once again, another FL fan that doesn't understand that YX is not just another airline to MKE and the state of WI.
Nobody served our republic like Republic!

sideflare75

Wed Jul 11, 2007 8:01 am

Quoting SANFan (Reply 15):
I've wondered for over a year why YX hasn't started SAN-MKE

Lack of an airplane to start.

travatl

Wed Jul 11, 2007 8:43 am

Quoting N822ME (Reply 16):
Funny how one of the consistently best baggage numbers in the AirTran system for a station of its size is Los Angeles.... and Midwest ground handles FL there.

Exactly - you'd think Midwest would have better numbers system wide.  Wink

N822ME

Wed Jul 11, 2007 9:27 am

Quoting Travatl (Reply 19):
Exactly - you'd think Midwest would have better numbers system wide.

Low baggage numbers is somewhere Midwest is probably happy to be in the same category as AirTran. AirTran does a good job overall with baggage mishandles.

boeing743

Wed Jul 11, 2007 9:33 am

Airtran has been doing very well on any of n/s routes out of IND, we has been growing so slowly. They has really listen to people and listen to what they want and where they want to go. Airtran has been flying n/s to almost all of florida cities from IND. I would not be surprised that MKE-LAS are doing well. Many people has been want to fly non stop from any cities they live to LAS easy without make connection. I has been flying non stop to LAS but vacation package said it would be cheaper if I make connection which I had to make twice already.

CitrusCritter

Wed Jul 11, 2007 10:48 am

Given that the Midwest flights to Vegas consistently go out full, and they sell blocks of seats through a vacation partnership, more likely that Midwest simply doesn't have the capacity in the market to handle the demand. And sounds like enough spill for both Midwest and AirTran to fill flights.

There probably is enough capacity for both airlines. But LAS is primarily a tourist destination and most families want to save as much money as possible during their vacations including airfare. Clearly some are getting a good deal booking YX through a vacation operator, but others are booking a-la-carte and finding FL to have the better price. Given the very few rewards seats that YX is offering (according to those on Flyertalk who are having problems getting any rewards seats), even some people that might choose YX for business are possibly choosing FL for vacation. It's much easier to book an expensive seat when you're using your company's travel budget rather than your personal budget.

knope2001

Wed Jul 11, 2007 11:22 am

Not to interrupt the Midwest eulogy planning here, but remember that AirTran's once-daily MKE-LAS flight actually runs BWI-MKE-LAS. This one-stop BWI-LAS is AirTran's fastest and only direct flight from their BWI focus city to Las Vegas. We won't know exactly how many MKE-LAS seats are actually taken up by BWI-LAS thru passengers until stats come out a few months down the road. But based on some Orbitz quick date searches, AirTran is often the cheapest on BWI-LAS, and the via-MKE 1-stops to Vegas are often the lowest fares. And that suggests a good number of BWI-LAS thru passnegers.

BWI-LAS is most advance-purchase leisure travel. Round trip fares for BWI-LAS via MKE if you look 6-10+ weeks out are generally $178-$278 round trip.

Not every single day are the cheapest AirTran fares left on the BWI-LAS via-MKE flights as of this evening. But they are on many days, and fares available on longer-advance purchase days seem like loss-leaders. Those $178 round trips BWI-LAS via MKE earn AirTran $26.35 for the BWI-MKE leg and $62.65 for the MKE-LAS leg if you allocate the total fare by miles.

Full flights are nice, and it wouldn't be a huge surprise to find that AirTran does carry a signfiicant number of MKE-LAS locals. This time last year Northwest largely filled an Airbus every day on MKE-LAS with local passengers only along side the 3x/day Midwest M80's. That NW nonstop flight ended earlier this year, after 3 1/2 years of flying, because they apparently didn't make money in spite of load factors regularly in the 80's, even with almost 100% local traffic. Full planes don't necessarily make money.

Cubsrule

Wed Jul 11, 2007 12:44 pm

Can FL run more routes out of their existing gates in MKE, I thought they were somewhat strapped for gate space at MKE?

Not at all. They could easily add 8-10 daily flights in their current gates.

Quoting Knope2001 (Reply 23):
We won't know exactly how many MKE-LAS seats are actually taken up by BWI-LAS thru passengers until stats come out a few months down the road.

This time last year Northwest largely filled an Airbus every day on MKE-LAS with local passengers only

Every time I flew the 7 PM DTW-MKE flight when the aircraft continued to LAS, there were a good handful of through passengers. How much of the flight was NW really filling with local pax?
I can't decide whether I miss the tulip or the bowling shoe more

SkyexRamper

Wed Jul 11, 2007 1:16 pm

Funny how one of the consistently best baggage numbers in the AirTran system for a station of its size is Los Angeles.... and Midwest ground handles FL there.

But yet our own people at MCI can hardly get bags on the right flights to MKE, PIT or CMH. They fail to load sooo many bags it's not funny. Also FLL and DFW have been bad the last few months.

AirTran will do well with MKE-LAS.
Good Luck to all Skyway Pilots! It's been great working with you!

knope2001

Wed Jul 11, 2007 11:16 pm

Quoting Cubsrule (Reply 24):
This time last year Northwest largely filled an Airbus every day on MKE-LAS with local passengers only

Every time I flew the 7 PM DTW-MKE flight when the aircraft continued to LAS, there were a good handful of through passengers. How much of the flight was NW really filling with local pax?

I shouldn't have said "this time last year" because things changed in February of 2006.

From July 2003 to February 2006 the MKE-LAS flight was a morning flight departing MKE before the first DTW arrival. The only exception to that is that for a few months in the spring peak of 2005 Northwest flew *two* daly MKE-LAS nonstops, with the second flight being in the evening. So from 7/2003 to 2/2006, the morning MKE-LAS trip was nearly all local passengers. And it averaged a load of just under 86% for the entire period.

Starting in February 2006 until the serviced ended on 1/3/07, the MKE-LAS nonstop ran at about 8:00pm. The aircraft that did MKE-LAS did come in from DTW, but it was a different flight number and so the DoT stats don't give us a way to tell how many thru passengers there were...it was booked as a connection. Northwest flew nonstops on DTW-LAS at about the same time and a few hours later than this DTW-MKE-LAS same-aircraft-connection flew, so the DTW-MKE-LAS routing would likely have only carried DTW-LAS traffic if fares were better than the nonstops or if the nonstops were full.

During the time when MKE-LAS operated in the evening, meaning there could be DTW - LAS passengers doing the same-plane-connection at MKE, the average load was still 86% right up to the final month (when it dropped as the service wound down).

We have no way of knowing exactly how many LAS passengers during that period connected from other stations, but we do know (from MKE airport stats) that Northwest reported an average 25 connecting passengers in Milwaukee each day in 2006. (Remember that DTW-MKE-LAS passengers show as a connection because the flight number changed...it was not operated as a true "thru".) In oversale and irregular ops situations, sometimes NW passengers fly routes like DTW-MSP or MSP-MEM via a connection in Milwaukee. Even if there were zero of those passengers in all of 2006, at most that means a daily average of 12.5 connecting pax each way DTW-MKE-LAS and LAS-MKE-DTW. The rest would all be locals. It is likely quite a bit less than 12.5 on average, but that's the most it could have been.

vivavegas

Thu Jul 12, 2007 12:20 am

Little birdy told me this past weekend to look for a 2nd R/T this winter (Oct?). Likely a evening departure with Red Eye return.

Honestly this is not the ghetto route everyone says it is, lots of business traffic to conventions in LAS. I have done MKE-ATL-LAS several times to shows in LAS. Even at $400, it was still cheaper then the $600+ YX offers during the busy March convention season.

Does anyone hear PHX? That winter service is like printing money.

Craig
MKE
MKE / EYW / LAS - The true trifecta of aviation!

CitrusCritter

Thu Jul 12, 2007 1:02 am

Quoting Vivavegas (Reply 27):
Honestly this is not the ghetto route everyone says it is, lots of business traffic to conventions in LAS.

The same mistake is often made by people talking about MCO as well. LAS and MCO are the two biggest business convention destinations in the country. It's something the airlines should take note of, especially those offering only Y-class selections to these destinations. FFs coming to convention still want their perks, as many have pointed out vis-a-vis Ted. There is business traffic to both cities -- both are booming outside of the tourist industry.

quickmover

Thu Jul 12, 2007 1:04 am

I think FL is beginning to handle LAS like they have MCO. Adding a LAS nonstop on top of flights to the hub and some Florida destinations. The cities they have chosen so far do not go head to head against a Southwest nonstop. Alot like Alegient, except customers also have other flight options other than LAS. Looks like a good utilization plan.

jetjeanes

Thu Jul 12, 2007 1:37 am

Watch yx numbers drop next quarter..They are being blindsided and cant do a thing about it. They may as well hand over those 717,s now
i can see for 80 miles

quickmover

Thu Jul 12, 2007 2:03 am

Quoting JetJeanes (Reply 30):
Watch yx numbers drop next quarter..They are being blindsided and cant do a thing about it. They may as well hand over those 717,s now

The Airtran presentation board meeting is Monday. I wonder if they will be able to turn 2 directors. That's all they need.

vivavegas

Thu Jul 12, 2007 4:38 am

YX adds additional frequency October 1. - http://biz.yahoo.com/prnews/070711/aqw142.html?.v=8

Craig
MKE
MKE / EYW / LAS - The true trifecta of aviation!

N822ME

Thu Jul 12, 2007 7:52 am

Quoting Skyexramper (Reply 25):
But yet our own people at MCI can hardly get bags on the right flights to MKE, PIT or CMH. They fail to load sooo many bags it's not funny. Also FLL and DFW have been bad the last few months.

No better, no worse than MKE.

[Edited 2007-07-12 00:57:55]

Cubsrule

Thu Jul 12, 2007 12:13 pm

Quoting Knope2001 (Reply 26):
Northwest flew nonstops on DTW-LAS at about the same time and a few hours later than this DTW-MKE-LAS same-aircraft-connection flew, so the DTW-MKE-LAS routing would likely have only carried DTW-LAS traffic if fares were better than the nonstops or if the nonstops were full.

I think that's exactly how NW used it- to improve yields on the nonstops (by dumping low fares on the MKE flight)

Quoting Knope2001 (Reply 26):
Even if there were zero of those passengers in all of 2006, at most that means a daily average of 12.5 connecting pax each way DTW-MKE-LAS and LAS-MKE-DTW.

I could believe something in the neighborhood of 8-10, which seems to mesh well with your data. Still, though, that brings the local load down from a fairly solid 86% to a much softer 77% (or so).
I can't decide whether I miss the tulip or the bowling shoe more

knope2001

Thu Jul 12, 2007 8:23 pm

Quoting Cubsrule (Reply 34):
I think that's exactly how NW used it- to improve yields on the nonstops (by dumping low fares on the MKE flight)

Could be. I've seen several times in the past year or two where a cheap web special fare from MKE, MSN, and ORD to LAS was a NW flight via an IND-LAS nonstop, meaning a routing like MSN-MSP-IND--LAS.

Thu Jul 12, 2007 9:54 pm

Actually, as I have said before, Airtran can probably operate along with Midwest for many routes without affecting each other significantly.

Airtran serves one market.... Low fairs.

Midwest serves another market.... Generally higher priced "best care in the air"...

MIdwest also has brand loyalty going for them for the vast majority of their business. Those people will not likely consider Airtran because they don't want what Airtran is selling (most of Midwest's passengers are not interested in low cost airlines and the level of service they provide).

I suspect that Airtran will have a successful summer and early fall on their MKE-LAS as it is the peak season to travel to LAS. Can they have a successful winter -- is the real question.

DAYflyer

Thu Jul 12, 2007 10:26 pm

An interesting battle is shaping up here no doubt. FL is sending Midwest some signals that they believe they can effectively compete with them on many routes, and that Midwest is not invincible in their fortress hub. Hence the message is if you cant buy em, beat em. Only time will tell if it works. To me it looks like a two pronged attack, with three pro FL merger people now sitting on the board at YX and now the increasing competition on various routes.
One Nation Under God

TVNWZ

Fri Jul 13, 2007 1:15 am

Quoting JetJeanes (Reply 3):
Ahh six months from now they will have yx begging to take them over... if you cant buy them, break them, see who has the most money, heck we may even see 29.00 fares out of Mke yet

Midwest has always had some sort of competition to LAS out of MKE. the market supported NW and YX. the market will support FL and YX. And there are still a lot of LAS traffic on NW. Tthere is enough traffic for everyone.

Fri Jul 13, 2007 1:17 am

Quoting DAYflyer (Reply 37):
An interesting battle is shaping up here no doubt. FL is sending Midwest some signals that they believe they can effectively compete with them on many routes, and that Midwest is not invincible in their fortress hub. Hence the message is if you cant buy em, beat em. Only time will tell if it works. To me it looks like a two pronged attack, with three pro FL merger people now sitting on the board at YX and now the increasing competition on various routes.

And that is what it is... An interesting battle. Incidentally, in regards to competition on routes... one that Midwest has won before, and one that I doubt Airtran can win either. Each airline serves two distinctly different markets.

Concerning the merger possibility..... MIdwest felt that they would be able to convert some of the new board members to their position... that the best thing for Midwest was not merger with Airtran. So everyone betting on the new Board members ought to consider that as well. Those board members have to serve Midwest; and not Airtran; and may well see that their really is not any benefit and potentially great harm by such a merger. Also keep in mind that the board must consider the "stakeholders" and not just the shareholders.

I project no vote for merger for a long time (if ever). I doubt that it can occur until after another round of board elections, and perhaps several more board elections.

When it comes to cash... remember that Airtran was going to finance the merger with the cash that Midwest has; and not with their own cash... Says something about who might be able to last the longest here.

SkyexRamper

Fri Jul 13, 2007 1:27 am

Quoting N822ME (Reply 33):
No better, no worse than MKE.

I can't speak for the Midwest side, but the skyway side has very few miss loads.
Good Luck to all Skyway Pilots! It's been great working with you!

quickmover

Fri Jul 13, 2007 1:30 am

Quoting 2175301 (Reply 39):
MIdwest felt that they would be able to convert some of the new board members to their position... that the best thing for Midwest was not merger with Airtran. So everyone betting on the new Board members ought to consider that as well. Those board members have to serve Midwest; and not Airtran

These new board members were specifically selected and completely controlled and directed by Airtran. I'm sure they can't officially say who is pulling the strings, but make no mistake on who is calling their shots. There is absolutely no reason for them to vote otherwise. I'm sure they are being reimbursed by Airtran some how some way. They do report to Joe & co., just not on the record.

Fri Jul 13, 2007 10:03 am

Quoting Quickmover (Reply 41):
These new board members were specifically selected and completely controlled and directed by Airtran. I'm sure they can't officially say who is pulling the strings, but make no mistake on who is calling their shots. There is absolutely no reason for them to vote otherwise. I'm sure they are being reimbursed by Airtran some how some way. They do report to Joe & co., just not on the record.

Actually, I believe you are making a mistake in thinking that Airtan is calling the shots with the new board-members. Airtran is hoping the board-members vote their way; and that is all they can do is hope. It is not nearly as cut and dried as you make it out to be.

This is not something new. Yes, Airtran paid them to run... Beyond that you have to see what they do now that they are elected. It is not unheard of for new board members to not vote the way that people who elected them wanted. By law... the new board members must consider their positions from what is best for Midwest. While they may be board members who generally favor mergers... they must consider from the "what is in it for Midwest" perspective. Even the slightest hint that they are not considering things from the Midwest perspective will get them immediately removed from the board (and the remaining board will then appoint their replacements).

Should there be as you suggest some kind of side deal with Airtran and it comes out (and it seems that somehow these types of deals always comes out - eventually) then those board members will never ever be allowed to serve on another board anywhere in the US; not to mention face potential criminal prosecution. I also believe that in a situation like this a side deal would also open Airtran up to prosecution as well.

I am quite sure that the new board members are fully aware of all of this.

All Airtran can really do is make their presentation to the Midwest Board. The Midwest Board will then decide what is best for Midwest Airlines and their stakeholders. The new board-members now have a lot of information available to them about Midwest Airlines that they did not before, and a legal obligation to the stakeholders of Midwest Airline. Who knows how they are going to feel on the matter at this time. However, even if all three new board members feel that merger is the way to go at this time... they need to convince at least two others as well given that my understanding was that the previous board was unanimously against the merger.

Time will tell. My thoughts really are along the line that if the merger is such a good thing for Midwest. Then it will be a good thing a year or two from now as well and their is no need to rush into it.

N908AW

Fri Jul 13, 2007 10:22 am

70% of the folks don't care (nor remember) what the inside of the plane looks like. They just remember if it was easy, and the personnel they dealt with were nice.

Ha, in Minnesota even that is irrelevant!

Speaking of Minnesota...YX is doing quite well in MSP...perhaps if they can capitalize on these routes FL would never go to... MKE-MSP, MKE-MCI, MKE-DTW, MKE-OMA...they could probably sustain enough connecting traffic to stave off a disaster. Another thing YX should take advantage of is their Express stuff. Get the Upper Midwest hooked. It might be one of their last hopes.
'Cause you're on ATA again, and on ATA, you're on vacation!