Chi-town
Topic Author

Has Anyone Ever Been To Hinckley Airport (0C2)?

Wed Jul 11, 2007 11:42 pm

Hello everyone. Thanks for checking out my topic.

I was curious to see if any of my fellow A.netters have ever been out to Hinckley Airport (0C2) in Hinckley, IL?

My girlfriends grandfather has his license to fly gliders and he belongs to a flying club at Hinckley Airport. He asked me if I wanted to go up with him someday. So we are trying to work out a day to go up.

I would like get my private pilot's license one day and he said that he could put me in contact with some people at his club in Hinckley.

Just seeing if anyone is familiar with Hinckley Airport.

access-air

RE: Has Anyone Ever Been To Hinckley Airport (0C2)?

Thu Jul 12, 2007 12:37 am

I have actually been there and shot pictures there....I was on my way back from Chicago visiting a freind and I noticed that there were some skydivers doing their thing. The ywere using a Twin Otter and Pilatus Turbo-Porter. So I got out and took my pics......They were very nice to let me get right up close to the planes......I dont have shots of them on A.net here but I do have them and if you e-mail me I can scan them and send them to you.
From my recollection, the airfield is small and might even be a non-prepared runway. These shots that I shot were in May of 2000......

Access-Air
Remember, Wherever you go, there you are!!!!