adicool

Major Expansion For TK?

Thu Jul 12, 2007 6:54 am

While I was reading some stuff about TK and their prospective membership in the *A, I found this

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Turkish_Airlines_destinations
I know, I know. Wikipedia is not the most reliable scource out there, but I was really stunned by it! TK to GRU, GIG and EZE? I mean, flying to Australia makes sense, but I never thought that there would be a big demand for such routes to Latin America.
So, can anyone vertifie this?

[Edited 2007-07-11 23:54:40]

TurkishWings

RE: Major Expansion For TK?

Thu Jul 12, 2007 2:26 pm

EZE is news to me too but TK has recently been granted with the right to fly between Nigeria and Brazil so an IST-LOS-GRU or IST-LOS-GIG will be possible...

TK has been considering flying to OZ for many years now and I think they will as soon as they start getting new long haul aircraft in 5 to 8 years maximum. I think MEL, where there is a big Turkish community, was the priority... I can see TK resuming KUL and flying on to MEL. There were even rumors about non-stop flights between IST and MEL/SYD which would be the first for a European airline but for that they would need a long range 787 or 350.

Right now TK doesn't have enough long-haul aircraft to fly these routes... I think TK "must" lease some additional 330s and start MEL soon. I somehow think it would be a successful route.
Coffee - Tea or Me?

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos