Major Expansion For TK?

Thu Jul 12, 2007 6:54 am

While I was reading some stuff about TK and their prospective membership in the *A, I found this
I know, I know. Wikipedia is not the most reliable scource out there, but I was really stunned by it! TK to GRU, GIG and EZE? I mean, flying to Australia makes sense, but I never thought that there would be a big demand for such routes to Latin America.
So, can anyone vertifie this?

[Edited 2007-07-11 23:54:40]

RE: Major Expansion For TK?

Thu Jul 12, 2007 2:26 pm

EZE is news to me too but TK has recently been granted with the right to fly between Nigeria and Brazil so an IST-LOS-GRU or IST-LOS-GIG will be possible...

TK has been considering flying to OZ for many years now and I think they will as soon as they start getting new long haul aircraft in 5 to 8 years maximum. I think MEL, where there is a big Turkish community, was the priority... I can see TK resuming KUL and flying on to MEL. There were even rumors about non-stop flights between IST and MEL/SYD which would be the first for a European airline but for that they would need a long range 787 or 350.

Right now TK doesn't have enough long-haul aircraft to fly these routes... I think TK "must" lease some additional 330s and start MEL soon. I somehow think it would be a successful route.
Coffee - Tea or Me?