n710ps

Henson Airlines Routes Etc?

Mon Jul 16, 2007 1:00 am

I was going through some extremely old slide pictures from youth. I was born and raised up in NY on Long Island and my parents have also owned a house in the intercoastal waterway in Sarasota most of my life. Because of this we used to when I was a youth fly very frequently on USAir (ahh the good old days) from LGA and or ISP to TPA and a few times even into SRQ when the LGA-SRQ twice daily existed. I recall as a kid getting off the planes and on them in Tampa the old Henson fleet of Dash 7's swarming there. Just as I remember all the 8's at LGA and ISP and if memory serves correct did the 7 ever fly in the north anyplace with US? The question is who flew the Dash 7's for USX and where were they based. What routes etc....... I know Henson flew them but who else did for USX? Not too many of the people in my company were around the industry at that time yet or just do not know. I know the dashes wetre Henson and flew in Florida for sure though. Thanks in advance

Bluestreak
There is plenty of room for Gods animals, right next to the mashed potatoes!

crownvic

RE: Henson Airlines Routes Etc?

Mon Jul 16, 2007 2:45 pm

My memory on this is a little "sketchy", but I do not recall the Dash 7' being down in Florida. IIRC, after the Florida Piedmont Shuttle was done away with during the US take-over, most of the flying was transferred to Dash 8's. The few Dash 7's Henson had I recall flew mostly in the mid-Atlantic region (i.e. PHL, BWI, CLT).