My Girlfriend is cabincrew at QR
, I suggest you accept their offer as a last resort
1) Exit permit needs to be obtained to leave DOH, at EK
just leave and come back when you want - as it should be.
insists that you sign into immigration via fingerprint over 12 hours prior to start of next duty - this shortens your leave considerably - especially as they dont give you a legal day off after leave as EK
does. If you are late for 12 hour cut off you will not be able to have any exit permits for six months as a punishment for being naughty.
3) If you call in sick you have have to go to the clinic same day or you will have salary deducted.
4) Not allowed to go through duty free in airport or allowed to rest handbag on crew bag. Crew are strictly prohibited to listen to ipods or touch mobile phones when in uniform even when being picked up on bus. During standby at airport technical building (maybe 6 hours) not allowed to take hat off.
5) No visitors allowed to stay in apartment overnight except mother/sister, all visitors kicked out at 10pm, at EK
anyone is welcome to stay with written request
6) Have many a time caught crew transport with EK
when on leisure travel, at QR
captain can travel with his wife and thats it.
typically have 1 month of standby every 6 months, I manage to either swap or bid for days off which gave me 5 days off in a row this month. QR
however 'pad' your roster with standbys so you hardly ever achieve more than 2 days off together
8) No cash allowances at hotel unlike EK
9) Pay I would estimate to sometime be as bad as 60% of what I get at EK
depending on flying hours, layover stations etc . At EK ICN
achieves 190USD while CCU
maybe 40USD - you get the idea!
Have 6 points only as I dont have time for the other 100 odd.
I suggest you try for EY
/EK and QR
as a last resort
Any specific questions you can email me