thirteenright

JetBlue Route Map - Space For PLB Or YUL?

Wed Jul 18, 2007 9:41 am

I just went to the JetBlue route map, http://www.jetblue.com/wherewefly/, and they moved SYR far away from where it used to be. There's a huge gap now between SYR and BTV. Could this be a precursor to a Plattsburgh or Montreal announcement?

SkyyMaster

RE: JetBlue Route Map - Space For PLB Or YUL?

Wed Jul 18, 2007 10:03 am

Why would they intentionally relocate a city on a map as a precursor to announcing a new city? Sounds like a design mistake to me. Not uncommon. BTW, that link seems to no longer work. Maybe they figured out their boo-boo. I can see them doing YUL at some point, Plattsburgh far less likely.

JetBlueGuy2006

Wed Jul 18, 2007 11:07 am

Quoting SkyyMaster (Reply 1):
BTW, that link seems to no longer work

There is an accidental comma at the end, so if it is taken out, it works
Home Airport: Capital Region International Airport (KLAN)

InTheSky74

Thu Jul 19, 2007 1:37 am

I doubt you'll see either city. This year at least!

UN_B732

Thu Jul 19, 2007 2:09 am

There was a rumor going around about PLB a couple of years ago, but I just don't see it happening. They've got 4 A320s just across the lake at Burlington.
-A
What now?

sflaflight

Sat Jul 21, 2007 8:47 am

Quoting UN_B732 (Reply 4):
There was a rumor going around about PLB a couple of years ago, but I just don't see it happening. They've got 4 A320s just across the lake at Burlington.

True but at the same time, Lake Champlain can actually be a pain in the ass to cross unless you've got a boat or get on a boat  Smile The only road across is is thru grand isle on Route 2 and up to Rousse point (the border) and back down I 87. Mappoint makes you take a ferry and claims it takes 1h4min to go 29.3 miles. That's assuming the ferry is there waiting for you.

Two things about PLB. First, PLB would allow B6 to tap into the Adirondack Mountain area and St. Lawrence Seaway cities like Massena/Cornwall/Ogdensburg.

The other thing is that while BTV is close to Montreal, it still can be hike and an almost 2 hour ordeal. It's 45 minutes north on I 89 to the border from BTV. Then unfortunately, the Quebec gov't never finished the highway from the border never finished half of Hwy 35. then, it's another 10 minutes down Hwy 10, then the Champlain bridge (and for those of you in MTL, you all know about the possible nightmare there.) BTV is great for me, as I'm on the south shore (Brossard) at the junction of Hwy 10 and Hwy 30. But for people going to the island or the affluent west end, PLB will be much closer. 20 minutes to the border and another 20 minutes to the city. The only thing is that the PLB border can be much busier than the BTV border.

I don't think it would be such a bad move. I just tried booking to BTV for travel next week and flights are almost all full. PLB could easily handle the overflow. I mean B6 do serve other co terminals such as OAK and SFO, BUR and ONT, FLL and PBI. As far as I know, PLB expansion and conversion is still happenning and I'm sure they would salivate at have a tenant like B6 there to get them started. I know I would bend backwards for them.