industrybuff

BA Mileage Redemption Problem ..HELP!

Wed Jul 18, 2007 4:25 pm

Hi All

I have been busy this past few days attempting to redeem a mileage award from DXB to LHR then
onto JFK. On the date I wanted, I could get club world from LHR to JFK but not from DXB to LHR
- this however has been booked in WT+.

Whilst I have emailed BA to see what the chances are of them releasing more seats, and yes,
I will check each day to see if they have released any seats in J class - can anyone suggest any
other suggestions ?

I have paid the Club world points level for DXB LHR JFK so was hoping that If all else fails I could
try at the airport on the day of departure if there are seats in Club ? Has anyone had any
experience with this ? Do you think it might work ?

Could you recommend anything else to try/do ?

Many thanks
Ibuff !

tcxdegsy

RE: BA Mileage Redemption Problem ..HELP!

Wed Jul 18, 2007 6:45 pm

I doubt BA will release any more Redemption seats, they do restrict them and release them almost at the same time as standard seat fares (11 months ahead)
next flights: BA1441 0566 0581 1446 EDI-LHR-MXP-LHR-EDI

Speedbird2155

Thu Jul 19, 2007 1:00 am

Quoting Industrybuff (Thread starter):
I have paid the Club world points level for DXB LHR JFK so was hoping that If all else fails I could
try at the airport on the day of departure if there are seats in Club ? Has anyone had any

The airport staff don't get involved in mileage redemption issues. This is solely handled by the Exec Club. Therefore, even if Club seats are available after check-in closes, the only reason airport staff should be moving anyone into those seats, other than if they pay (cash/card) at the airport to upgrade, is on operational grounds.

tcxdegsy

Thu Jul 19, 2007 2:21 am

BA have said in their online FAQ's for a long time now, that they are exploring technology to allow mileage redemptions at the airport. Maybe all the advances T5 brings will allow such options in the future
next flights: BA1441 0566 0581 1446 EDI-LHR-MXP-LHR-EDI

BAxMAN

Thu Jul 19, 2007 5:38 am

Quoting Industrybuff (Thread starter):

That is pretty much your only option as far as DXB is concerned. It is not at all unusual for additional mileage seats to irregularly appear. Apparently, those in Revenue Management know what they're doing!

Is flying from AUH an option? Availability on the AUH/MCT flight is frequently quite good. Logistics of travelling between DXB and AUH should be easily manageable. The only downside maybe the schedule if your plans don't allow flexibility.
I need to get laid

industrybuff

Thu Jul 19, 2007 8:36 pm

Thanks all....im in a major pickel... dont know what to do !

Does anyone out there work for BA in revenue management or flight control..... maybe a bit of speculation on my chances

thanks again

Ibuff

GBOAC

Thu Jul 19, 2007 8:44 pm

You could ask the EC to put a request in to RevMan to consider releasing a seat. Almost certain to come back negative but you may find an agent willing to try (if you have status) and you may get lucky. DXB-LHR has multiple daily services so there's more chance they may release a seat than on a single daily route, I guess.

Otherwise, keep checking every day. There is no other option.