Capt.Fantastic
Topic Author

Airbus A3XX Ads

Fri Aug 11, 2000 4:01 pm

Dear friends:

I've noticed that in recent issues of Aviation Week & Space technology, Airbus has placed large, glossy ads for their new A3XX transport. In these ads, there are computer generated illustrations of a lounge, bed room, duty free shop, and cocktail bar. The aircraft is portrayed as a "hotel", or even like a cruise ship with a host! Isn't this a touch much? Will any of the perspective costumers configure the aircraft with these lavish amenities? I thought the whole idea was to make the aircraft as economical as possible. Can they do that with bed rooms and bar lounges? I personally thought that the advertisment was a bit out of proportion. Any thoughts?

Jim

L-188

RE: Airbus A3XX Ads

Fri Aug 11, 2000 5:38 pm

I fail to see what the big deal is....

If you want an airplane with a bed all you have to do is go down to California and hire that guy who runs "Mile High adventures"

He has an Aero comander, set up with a bed, bar and two seats that are seperate and private from the cockpit. He takes couples up on hour long flights so they can join a certain club.....

Anyway, if he can do that in a small Commander, why does Airbus think it is a big deal with something as large as an A3xx
OBAMA-WORST PRESIDENT EVER....Even SKOORB would be better.

widebody

Fri Aug 11, 2000 6:53 pm

.......Airbus advertisements are like that, cause they simply want to show what the aircraft is capable of......everybody knows you can fill it with hundreds of seats like any other aircraft, the simply are showing how it could be if developed to its full potential......no one is going to exercise all the amenities, though an airline might see one or two they like and adopt it for their particular aircraft......it was exactly the same for the 747 when it was first conceived......

.......as for the hype about beds, that's the way air travel is going..........I think Virgin have double beds on some of their aircraft, don't they?? Or at least they plan to.....

Fri Aug 11, 2000 7:14 pm

I've some of those ads on the wall of my office
those computer images make the interior look really much bigger than it will be....

anyway A3XX will be a great aircraft !

regards

memos

Fri Aug 11, 2000 7:35 pm

Yeh, you're right mate ! However, logic and advertising cannot stand next to each other ...

airmale

Fri Aug 11, 2000 8:39 pm

Exactly what ive been thinking, infact i did start a topic here on the subject "A3XX commercials;exaggerated", but then its just advertising.
.....up there with the best!

cba

Sat Aug 12, 2000 4:12 am

In the end, if, and I say if, the A3XX goes into commercial service, the beds and duty-free shops will be scrapped. They just want to cram as many people as possible into the planes.

I saw something neat on the Boeing web site. It's a fly through of the 747X Stretch. It's a streaming video in real player format.